Jordan Diamond OT

3rdgen

Rivals article now up about Diamond basically says the following:

-Jordan likes the facilities at Auburn

-Likes the personality of Grimes and really likes Loeffler. Sounds like since Loeffler went to Michigan (one of Diamond's four finalists) Jordan is putting more stock in his answers. Also sounds intrigued by playing in the SEC for purposes of NFL development

-Likes the track record of Wisconsin putting OL in the NFL

-Grew up interested in Michigan

-Says he is leaning towards one school but will let coaches know his decision on Thursday and announce Friday

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

e offer the chance to compete for a starting position and I don't think any of his other suitors have that going for them.

There's not one school that's recruiting Diamond that's going to tell him that he DOES NOT have a chance to compete for a starting position. Not sure why you believe Auburn would be the only school to tell him that.

-Likes the personality of Grimes and really likes Loeffler. Sounds like since Loeffler went to Michigan (one of Diamond's four finalists) Jordan is putting more stock in his answers. Also sounds intrigued by playing in the SEC for purposes of NFL development

-Says he is leaning towards one school but will let coaches know his decision on Thursday and announce Friday

Following twitter the other night to try to find out about Kozan, it is evident that Michigan fans are extremely interested in getting Diamond on board. Interesting to see that he is listening more to AU because of CSL's Michigan connection.

This all makes it sound as if Michigan is his likely destination, with AU as a darkhorse. I hope the intrigue of playing in the SEC lures him to the Plains!

:we:

Following twitter the other night to try to find out about Kozan, it is evident that Michigan fans are extremely interested in getting Diamond on board. Interesting to see that he is listening more to AU because of CSL's Michigan connection.

This all makes it sound as if Michigan is his likely destination, with AU as a darkhorse. I hope the intrigue of playing in the SEC lures him to the Plains!

:we:

^^^This is how I see it.  I believe he goes to Michigan in the end.  He grew up a fan and they really want one more OL.  Hoping he comes our way though

I don't think he's announcing today, but anyone have any more insight?  Are we still in it for him?

with the Kozan drama, Diamond's decision may be affected.  Mich and AU look like the last two guys for Kozan, which ever gets him may be out for Diamond.

Anyone know if Michigan still has a spot for him?

they have 25 right now but the 25 rule doesn't apply to them but I would assume we are going to split one team will get Diamond and the other will get Kozan

If that is the case give me Diamond and they can have Kozan!

yea but we are really stacked at tackle in this class I think we need a guard so I like Kozan even though Diamond is the better in my opinion

they have 25 right now but the 25 rule doesn't apply to them but I would assume we are going to split one team will get Diamond and the other will get Kozan

^^^Are you sure about this?  I thing the Big 10 has a conference rule that does not allow it and they have had this rule for some time.  That's why they are always griping about the SEC schools oversigning.  I think...

With our OL recruits from the past 3 years, it isn't going to matter who the QB or RB is. The WRs can run around all day until the DBs get tired then the QB can hit them.

^^^Are you sure about this?  I thing the Big 10 has a conference rule that does not allow it and they have had this rule for some time.  That's why they are always griping about the SEC schools oversigning.  I think...

you are correct, Mich is full and done.

If that is the case give me Diamond and they can have Kozan!

yea but we are really stacked at tackle in this class I think we need a guard so I like Kozan even though Diamond is the better in my opinion

Whats wrong with a 6'6 guard???  :happydance:  

you are correct, Mich is full and done.

Well I am glad that I have been corrected!!!!  :wedance:

I really, really want this guy.  With him and AY on board, this would be a monstrous OL class. 

I'm also curious about something.  If Michigan is indeed full, would he sign with someone else besides us?  I thought a lot of people thought it was down to two.

I really, really want this guy.  With him and AY on board, this would be a monstrous OL class. 

I'm also curious about something.  If Michigan is indeed full, would he sign with someone else besides us?  I thought a lot of people thought it was down to two.

^^This.

:dunno:

Wisky and maybe urban cryer but I think we feel good enough about Diamond that we didn't take Kozan, maybe..... :dunno:

I don't know how much, if any, the timeframe has changed but I read a while back that even though he wasn't announcing/signing until two days after signing day, he planned to let all the coaches know his destination the Sunday before out of respect.

Archived