Jordan Diamond OT

3rdgen

I cut this post from the Wiscy board which was posted several days ago... he seems to say that Madison's (and Ann Arbor's?) big city environment is a plus

" Posted: 1/26/2012 8:35 PM

Re: Diamond ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our chances with Diamond may not be as bleak as it seems:

With a little more than a week before his planned announcement, Chicago Simeon lineman Jordan Diamond has dropped a team from his final five.

Diamond, ranked No. 94 in the ESPNU 150, no longer is considering Ohio State. He has a final four of Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan and Wisconsin, which he will officially visit this weekend.

An announcement will come with his teammate Robert Gregory on Feb. 3, two days after signing day. Diamond, ranked 10th nationally at his position, officially visited Ohio State, Auburn, Michigan and Arkansas already, in that order. His visit to Wisconsin beginning Friday will mark the third time he has been to Madison.

“Just being around the players, the coaches -- the new offensive line coach,” Diamond said, is what he is looking forward to most.

Diamond received a visit from new Badgers’ offensive line coach Mike Markuson on Wednesday, and Diamond said the two “bonded a little bit” during their first face-to-face meeting.

“He’s straight-forward, family guy,” Diamond said. “He always has a smile on his face.”

Having two visits to Madison already under his belt, Diamond, the No. 1 prospect in Illinois and top uncommitted prospect in the Midwest, already has been impressed with what Wisconsin has to offer.

"The fact that it's a city environment -– something I'm used to -– but it's also a college town," he said. "The game atmosphere is crazy, and I enjoyed that, too. The offense they run is what I’m looking for."

The Badgers, having suffered a decommitment from J.J. Denman on Monday and looking at possibly another from Kyle Dodson on signing day, are bringing in a number of offensive tackles this weekend. None are more important to the Badgers than Diamond, who has been arguably the Badgers’ top target for the last several weeks.

“They’re showing me a lot of love. The one thing about them is they’re consistent,” Diamond said of Wisconsin. “That’s a big thing.”

With eight days before his announcement next week, Diamond is not tipping his hand as to where he will end up.

“Comparing the schools, they’re about even,” Diamond said. “I really enjoyed myself on all my visits. I just got to pray on it.”

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JD would be a GREAT cap to this class...what a stud OL class that would be..one player listed at 6'7,three at 6'6, and one at 6'5...JD is listed at 6'6.

Stout.

sounds like he likes Wisc. and at one point was headed that way...but then they changed OL coaches so he opened his recruiting back up.......in that case he may be going back to meet the new staff and if he likes what he sees will end up there.  If not, he can go with Mich.  That may be our best scenario realistically, because if he goes to Mich, we likely get Kozan.....if he goes to Wisc, then Kozan could end up at Mich and we get neither........I think AU getting Diamond is the least likely case of his choices, but would be happy to be wrong......I think OSU is out of room (except for one spot left for Diggs) 

then tOSU needs to go ahead and take Diamond, because they are going to be greatly disappointed waiting on Diggs.  He's coming to the Plains.  Someone needs to give Urban the memo so he can stop wasting Stefon's time.

:aufb:

Anyone know if Michigan still has a spot for him?

they have 25 right now but the 25 rule doesn't apply to them but I would assume we are going to split one team will get Diamond and the other will get Kozan

^^^Are you sure about this?  I thing the Big 10 has a conference rule that does not allow it and they have had this rule for some time.  That's why they are always griping about the SEC schools oversigning.  I think...

you are correct, Mich is full and done.

Michigan's recruiting insider doesn't think so. He's tweeting that they even have room for Kozan as well.

then tOSU needs to go ahead and take Diamond, because they are going to be greatly disappointed waiting on Diggs.  He's coming to the Plains.  Someone needs to give Urban the memo so he can stop wasting Stefon's time.

Don't hold your breath just in case. You will wake up in Krystals with weeman standing over you.

they have 25 right now but the 25 rule doesn't apply to them but I would assume we are going to split one team will get Diamond and the other will get Kozan

^^^Are you sure about this?  I thing the Big 10 has a conference rule that does not allow it and they have had this rule for some time.  That's why they are always griping about the SEC schools oversigning.  I think...

Michigan's recruiting insider doesn't think so. He's tweeting that they even have room for Kozan as well.

They can actually over sign by as many as 3, as long as they are still under the overall 85.  However if they do over sign they have to send a letter to the conference detailing how and why, this is designed to keep them from cutting a player to make room.

Don't hold your breath just in case. You will wake up in Krystals with weeman standing over you.

Only if you pass out on the floor  :thumbsup:

FYI-- I am hearing generally positive things about Diamond.

Well... I suppose that would make up for you hearing negative things about Goldman, and then him signing with FSU...

Seriously though, that would be a huge bump to this class. I think he's a top 10 OT on every site except Rivals and that was one of my biggest position concerns.

They can actually over sign by as many as 3, as long as they are still under the overall 85.  However if they do over sign they have to send a letter to the conference detailing how and why, this is designed to keep them from cutting a player to make room.

That is mostly right.  Before signing day, each Big 10 team send the Commissioner the number of scholarships available.  This will be 85 (or number of schollies previous season) - graduated - early entree for draft - transfers - no longer on team.  I don't know MI situation but if this was the turds they had 85 - 17 (seniors) - 3 (EE to draft) which means that had 20 available schollies.  The Big 10 rule allows them to add three to that number for normal attrition so if the turds were in the Big 10 they would've been allowed to sign 23 this recruiting season.  If the team has less than the 85 schollies the previous season they could add those back in to get to the max.  A school can still get a waiver to add additional recruits if they notify the league office before signing day with a valid reason and plan to make room.

This is the rumor!  Looks like we will have to stay glued to our computers tomorrow night!!!

This is the rumor!  Looks like we will have to stay glued to our computers tomorrow night!!!

I already stay glued to it enough. Dammit I'm ready for a break from all this hullabaloo.

That is mostly right.  Before signing day, each Big 10 team send the Commissioner the number of scholarships available.  This will be 85 (or number of schollies previous season) - graduated - early entree for draft - transfers - no longer on team.  I don't know MI situation but if this was the turds they had 85 - 17 (seniors) - 3 (EE to draft) which means that had 20 available schollies.  The Big 10 rule allows them to add three to that number for normal attrition so if the turds were in the Big 10 they would've been allowed to sign 23 this recruiting season.  If the team has less than the 85 schollies the previous season they could add those back in to get to the max.  A school can still get a waiver to add additional recruits if they notify the league office before signing day with a valid reason and plan to make room.

What you are failing to account for is that if Saban were in the Big 10 he would just start processing his roster earlier so as to sign 25 on signing day.  He currently waits until just before the signed players report to the team in the Fall for reasons I don't fully understand.

Let's say that AU does get him, would that make a decent jump in recruiting rankings. 1 spot, 2 spots?

I guess it really doesn't matter, but if someone is ranking, you want to be at the top, right?

Let's say that AU does get him, would that make a decent jump in recruiting rankings. 1 spot, 2 spots?

I guess it really doesn't matter, but if someone is ranking, you want to be at the top, right?

I think on scout we would jump about 5 spots if we landed diamond.

On Rivals, just one spot.

If JD realizes how important it is to be on an OLine that is loaded with talent across the board then he will come join the top OL classes from the past few years.

Archived