Jordan Diamond OT

3rdgen

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why Diamond's decision will affect Kozan's.  Diamond is a OT.  Kozan is a OG.  As long as we have room, we would take both in a heart beat.   

Based on what I've read, both are considering Auburn and Michigan, but Michigan only has room for one more player. If that's true, both could become Tigers but only one could be a Wolverine.  Some people think that Kozan is waiting to see what Diamond does so he can do the opposite.  Others think our staff has Kozan in the bag and has asked him to wait until Diamond announces as not to scare him off.  I've also read that our coaches are holding back on Kozan because his (and potentially Diamond's) announcement could give us some late momentum with Diggs.

WDE!

Kozan AND Diamond?  7 OL in one class?  That could wipe out all OL depth issues in one stroke.  Then consider that Tennessee has zero OL recruits in their 20 man class.

Maybe CGC has finally read my dad's letters and decided the only way to go toe to toe with the defenses at uat and LSU is to have the meanest, nastiest O-line in college football.  He came up in the leather helmet era when your team was made up of a bunch of guards and three backs, quarter, half and full.  As far as he's concerned defensive backs are only slightly more respectable than kickers.  Speaking of---and like the rest of this post this has nothing to do with anything, it's just on my mind---for decades he's said they should replace goalposts with a giant piece of plywood.  Hit the board, make the kick.  I tried to convince him this was ridiculously primitive.  Best I could do was get him to  argue for plexiglass instead.  From his stories it sounds like when he played football as a young man you won when your mob ran to the next village and threw a dead pig down their well.

WDE!

I feel manlier having now read this.

Try these...

He's a WWII combat vet, all over the South Pacific, but he'd rather pull out his own teeth than talk about it.  Like a lot of GIs, he came home with a samurai sword as a souvenir.  I asked where he got it, he said he traded his bayonet for it.  I asked why a Japanese soldier would want a US bayonet.  "He didn't."

We had an old dog, I mean an old dog, and it came to be her time.  My dad loaded her up in his truck and drove over on the back forty.  I was very young, and I kind of knew what he was up to, but he was gone literally all day long.  Years later my mom told me what had happened.  When it came to it, he couldn't put her down.  He knew he had to, so he decided to dig the hole first.  Then he dug another hole.  Then another.  Some time in the afternoon he let her rest.  He's not a man to celebrate wasted labor, which illustrates how much he loved that dog.  Not many friends get three graves.

When I was little the family was in Auburn for a game and my dad and I were walking around.  I was getting older and he and I were spending more time talking about grownup things like religion and Gerald Ford.  He took me over to Toomer's Corner and told me about what the town looked like way back then.  As we walked along by Samford Hall he took me over to the old cannon lathe nearby.  He told me what it was and the significance of it being there.  Then he paused before taking the conversation in a different direction.  "According to legend," he said, "every time a virgin walks by this thing it turns a notch."  That was my introduction into the birds and the bees, as it relates to the manufacture of Civil War artillery.

WDE!

My guess is that cannon hasn't moved in quite a few years.

My guess is that cannon lathe has lock jaw... ;D

I'm not sure why Diamond's decision will affect Kozan's.  Diamond is a OT.  Kozan is a OG.  As long as we have room, we would take both in a heart beat.   

Based on what I've read, both are considering Auburn and Michigan, but Michigan only has room for one more player. If that's true, both could become Tigers but only one could be a Wolverine.  Some people think that Kozan is waiting to see what Diamond does so he can do the opposite.  Others think our staff has Kozan in the bag and has asked him to wait until Diamond announces as not to scare him off.  I've also read that our coaches are holding back on Kozan because his (and potentially Diamond's) announcement could give us some late momentum with Diggs.

WDE!

Kozan AND Diamond?  7 OL in one class?  That could wipe out all OL depth issues in one stroke.  Then consider that Tennessee has zero OL recruits in their 20 man class.

Maybe CGC has finally read my dad's letters and decided the only way to go toe to toe with the defenses at uat and LSU is to have the meanest, nastiest O-line in college football.  He came up in the leather helmet era when your team was made up of a bunch of guards and three backs, quarter, half and full.  As far as he's concerned defensive backs are only slightly more respectable than kickers.  Speaking of---and like the rest of this post this has nothing to do with anything, it's just on my mind---for decades he's said they should replace goalposts with a giant piece of plywood.  Hit the board, make the kick.  I tried to convince him this was ridiculously primitive.  Best I could do was get him to  argue for plexiglass instead.  From his stories it sounds like when he played football as a young man you won when your mob ran to the next village and threw a dead pig down their well.

WDE!

I feel manlier having now read this.

Try these...

He's a WWII combat vet, all over the South Pacific, but he'd rather pull out his own teeth than talk about it.  Like a lot of GIs, he came home with a samurai sword as a souvenir.  I asked where he got it, he said he traded his bayonet for it.  I asked why a Japanese soldier would want a US bayonet.  "He didn't."

We had an old dog, I mean an old dog, and it came to be her time.  My dad loaded her up in his truck and drove over on the back forty.  I was very young, and I kind of knew what he was up to, but he was gone literally all day long.  Years later my mom told me what had happened.  When it came to it, he couldn't put her down.  He knew he had to, so he decided to dig the hole first.  Then he dug another hole.  Then another.  Some time in the afternoon he let her rest.  He's not a man to celebrate wasted labor, which illustrates how much he loved that dog.  Not many friends get three graves.

When I was little the family was in Auburn for a game and my dad and I were walking around.  I was getting older and he and I were spending more time talking about grownup things like religion and Gerald Ford.  He took me over to Toomer's Corner and told me about what the town looked like way back then.  As we walked along by Samford Hall he took me over to the old cannon lathe nearby.  He told me what it was and the significance of it being there.  Then he paused before taking the conversation in a different direction.  "According to legend," he said, "every time a virgin walks by this thing it turns a notch."  That was my introduction into the birds and the bees, as it relates to the manufacture of Civil War artillery.

WDE!

Never knew that was a cannon lathe.

What's the significance?

ST, I am going to guess that the LOI fax is already in and you will graciously ratchet up the percentage all day in order to get everyone lathered up ... as usual i am always wrong with this stuff ... i just want to get lathered up earlier than 7:01 p.m. tonight!

Rivals has a new article up saying the exact same thing about Diamond. Said the AU coaches talked to Diamond's mom yesterday. Sounds really good for us! Btw, Kozan may not be out of the picture just yet. He could announce starting today or even thru Sunday. JLee said Kozan will just fax in an LOI without a formal announcement.  :wedance: :wedance:

Just on twitter:

MarkMurphyitatWDE

Jordan Diamond has informed the Auburn coaches he will be signing with Auburn.

Yes siree bob. Woo hoo. Another olineman. Hey Kozan you can join the fun also.

ST, I am going to guess that the LOI fax is already in and you will graciously ratchet up the percentage all day in order to get everyone lathered up ... as usual i am always wrong with this stuff ... i just want to get lathered up earlier than 7:01 p.m. tonight!

May actually be closer to 7:30. It's a banquet honoring Jordan, not just a presser.

That's some very good news.  Can't wait to find out if it's true.Can never have too many "BIG UGLIES".

WAR EAGLE!

Trying not to get too excited... but it's hard...

someone please pick that one up..

definitely no touching that. :-X

Trying not to get too excited... but it's hard...

someone please pick that one up..

I AIN'T touchin that!

That's not what she said.  ;D

Archived