Jordan Diamond OT

3rdgen

Absolutely we would load up on quality big men! Five four stars and two three stars...heck yeah!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why Diamond's decision will affect Kozan's.  Diamond is a OT.  Kozan is a OG.  As long as we have room, we would take both in a heart beat.   

Based on what I've read, both are considering Auburn and Michigan, but Michigan only has room for one more player. If that's true, both could become Tigers but only one could be a Wolverine.  Some people think that Kozan is waiting to see what Diamond does so he can do the opposite.  Others think our staff has Kozan in the bag and has asked him to wait until Diamond announces as not to scare him off.  I've also read that our coaches are holding back on Kozan because his (and potentially Diamond's) announcement could give us some late momentum with Diggs.

WDE!

Kozan AND Diamond?  7 OL in one class?  That could wipe out all OL depth issues in one stroke.  Then consider that Tennessee has zero OL recruits in their 20 man class.

Maybe CGC has finally read my dad's letters and decided the only way to go toe to toe with the defenses at uat and LSU is to have the meanest, nastiest O-line in college football.  He came up in the leather helmet era when your team was made up of a bunch of guards and three backs, quarter, half and full.  As far as he's concerned defensive backs are only slightly more respectable than kickers.  Speaking of---and like the rest of this post this has nothing to do with anything, it's just on my mind---for decades he's said they should replace goalposts with a giant piece of plywood.  Hit the board, make the kick.  I tried to convince him this was ridiculously primitive.  Best I could do was get him to  argue for plexiglass instead.  From his stories it sounds like when he played football as a young man you won when your mob ran to the next village and threw a dead pig down their well.

WDE!

I'm not sure why Diamond's decision will affect Kozan's.  Diamond is a OT.  Kozan is a OG.  As long as we have room, we would take both in a heart beat.   

Based on what I've read, both are considering Auburn and Michigan, but Michigan only has room for one more player. If that's true, both could become Tigers but only one could be a Wolverine.  Some people think that Kozan is waiting to see what Diamond does so he can do the opposite.  Others think our staff has Kozan in the bag and has asked him to wait until Diamond announces as not to scare him off.  I've also read that our coaches are holding back on Kozan because his (and potentially Diamond's) announcement could give us some late momentum with Diggs.

WDE!

Kozan AND Diamond?  7 OL in one class?  That could wipe out all OL depth issues in one stroke.  Then consider that Tennessee has zero OL recruits in their 20 man class.

Maybe CGC has finally read my dad's letters and decided the only way to go toe to toe with the defenses at uat and LSU is to have the meanest, nastiest O-line in college football.  He came up in the leather helmet era when your team was made up of a bunch of guards and three backs, quarter, half and full.  As far as he's concerned defensive backs are only slightly more respectable than kickers.  Speaking of---and like the rest of this post this has nothing to do with anything, it's just on my mind---for decades he's said they should replace goalposts with a giant piece of plywood.  Hit the board, make the kick.  I tried to convince him this was ridiculously primitive.  Best I could do was get him to  argue for plexiglass instead.  From his stories it sounds like when he played football as a young man you won when your mob ran to the next village and threw a dead pig down their well.

WDE!

I feel manlier having now read this.

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

He's a WWII combat vet, all over the South Pacific, but he'd rather pull out his own teeth than talk about it.  Like a lot of GIs, he came home with a samurai sword as a souvenir.  I asked where he got it, he said he traded his bayonet for it.  I asked why a Japanese soldier would want a US bayonet.  "He didn't."

We had an old dog, I mean an old dog, and it came to be her time.  My dad loaded her up in his truck and drove over on the back forty.  I was very young, and I kind of knew what he was up to, but he was gone literally all day long.  Years later my mom told me what had happened.  When it came to it, he couldn't put her down.  He knew he had to, so he decided to dig the hole first.  Then he dug another hole.  Then another.  Some time in the afternoon he let her rest.  He's not a man to celebrate wasted labor, which illustrates how much he loved that dog.  Not many friends get three graves.

When I was little the family was in Auburn for a game and my dad and I were walking around.  I was getting older and he and I were spending more time talking about grownup things like religion and Gerald Ford.  He took me over to Toomer's Corner and told me about what the town looked like way back then.  As we walked along by Samford Hall he took me over to the old cannon lathe nearby.  He told me what it was and the significance of it being there.  Then he paused before taking the conversation in a different direction.  "According to legend," he said, "every time a virgin walks by this thing it turns a notch."  That was my introduction into the birds and the bees, as it relates to the manufacture of Civil War artillery.

WDE!

Absolutely we would load up on quality big men! Five four stars and two three stars...heck yeah!

Hey Red, The Scout service has Avery Young as a 5* OT. As I like to choose the rankings where we come out the best that makes 1 x 5*, 2 x 4*, 2 x 3*.

Jake Holland's dad posted on ITAT that he thought Diamond was headed to AU. Steve Witfong , analysts from 247, also said he thought Diamond would land at AU

This could could solve a lot problems and free up recruiting time for D and skill guys in the future. I love the thought of taking them both. however, I'm nt getting my hopes. I'll gladly be happy with one.

No.  Friday at 7PM.

That is funny right dare(yes on purpose), I don't care who you are.

Is it 7:00pm Central or Eastern? and do we know if anywhere is broadcasting, or is this gonna be a twitter signing?

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

He's a WWII combat vet, all over the South Pacific, but he'd rather pull out his own teeth than talk about it.  Like a lot of GIs, he came home with a samurai sword as a souvenir.  I asked where he got it, he said he traded his bayonet for it.  I asked why a Japanese soldier would want a US bayonet.  "He didn't."

We had an old dog, I mean an old dog, and it came to be her time.  My dad loaded her up in his truck and drove over on the back forty.  I was very young, and I kind of knew what he was up to, but he was gone literally all day long.  Years later my mom told me what had happened.  When it came to it, he couldn't put her down.  He knew he had to, so he decided to dig the hole first.  Then he dug another hole.  Then another.  Some time in the afternoon he let her rest.  He's not a man to celebrate wasted labor, which illustrates how much he loved that dog.  Not many friends get three graves.

When I was little the family was in Auburn for a game and my dad and I were walking around.  I was getting older and he and I were spending more time talking about grownup things like religion and Gerald Ford.  He took me over to Toomer's Corner and told me about what the town looked like way back then.  As we walked along by Samford Hall he took me over to the old cannon lathe nearby.  He told me what it was and the significance of it being there.  Then he paused before taking the conversation in a different direction.  "According to legend," he said, "every time a virgin walks by this thing it turns a notch."  That was my introduction into the birds and the bees, as it relates to the manufacture of Civil War artillery.

WDE!

My guess is that cannon hasn't moved in quite a few years.

As I like to choose the rankings where we come out the best

I love it.  Good call!

Who cares?  Our class'll be bad-a$$...er.

I will give my final Prosh-adjusted Rivals, Scout, and 247 rankings after Diggs announces on the 10th.

No.  Friday at 7PM.

That is funny right dare(yes on purpose), I don't care who you are.

Is it 7:00pm Central or Eastern? and do we know if anywhere is broadcasting, or is this gonna be a twitter signing?

He's in Chicago and it's central just like Alabama, assuming that you are in fact in Alabama.

Here's an article just posted --

Jordan Diamond To Announce Commitment Friday At 7 PM CST

Auburn coach Gene Chizik watches during their NCAA college football practice at Auburn University in Auburn, Ala., Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2009. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

Bookmark and Share

By Bud Elliott - College Editor and Analyst

Jordan Diamond is a talented offensive tackle recruit out of Chicago. He'll announce his college decision Friday night.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Feb 3, 2012 - Jordan Diamond, one of the top offensive line recruits in the country, is set to announce his college decision on Friday night. The announcement will take place during a ceremony scheduled to start at 7 p.m. CST. These events often take much longer than one might expect, and having to wait until 7:30 or 8 CST to hear Diamond's decision would not be surprising in the least.

Out of Chicago Simeon High School, the 6'6", 290 pound Diamond holds offers from more than 20 BCS programs. He's rated a four-star prospect by most of the top recruiting services. All regard him as one of the top offensive line recruits. Diamond is currently mulling offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan and Wisconsin, and has visited all schools.

Some rumors have Diamond as a lock to attend Auburn, while others state that he will choose either Wisconsin or Arkansas. And as of Thursday night, Diamond had not officially eliminated Michigan, either. This has been an intense recruitment and the winner will get an excellent prospect.

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

WDE!

You hush your mouth Stripe, I have a daughter who attends Auburn!

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

WDE!

I came looking for JD info but I think I could read stories about your dad all day!  :thumbsup: It seems like he has some great stories and you tell them well!

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

WDE!

Great posts.  Thanks for sharing.

I remember when he visited back in the spring.  He said all the things after his visit that usually make me think a guy is about to pull the trigger for us.  I mentally added him to our signing class at that time.  Then Jordan's recruitment went all over the place.  he made a tour of the south, but didn't stop at Auburn.  And we stopped hearing his name for a while.  I assumed at that time that we had other priorities.  In fact, I've assumed that up until this week and never took us as a serious contender for his signature.  It's interesting that we are suddenly the front-runner.  Makes me wonder about the details of his recruitment.

Yonng is a 5*. Diamond is a 5*.

Neil Young, Neil Diamond.  Y'all see where I'm going with this?

Cause I don't.   ;D

A southern man don't need him around anyhow! See where I went with that mr young. We got the one we need. :hellyeah: :hellyeah: Neil Who?????

MadTown, thanks for your GREAT stories about your father and his perspective on life. 

He was part of a truly great generation of Americans.

WDE!

WDE!

Try these...

WDE!

:laugh: No, you'd be surprised. There are women of all good looking kinds at Auburn, even those of the strictest moral chaste...

Besides, if you have to guess at that one, I'd say you haven't been around too long...:tease:

Archived