Ainge will start for UT

lcau

"He's played well and deserves a chance to start," Fulmer said. "I talked to both of them individually and collectively. That's the right thing to do for Erik."

I can't imagine all the time he has to spend pampering those two. Why can't he just walk up to them and say "Hey, you're starting, you're not, and here's why".

I guess when you blow so much smoke during the recruiting process, you eventually have to pay for it later. I mean, you can't honestly say that this double-headed QB thing will last for more than a year for UT. Eventually one will have to start and one will have to be the backup. This year, they just don't know any better...

I think (and hope) that the AU secondary will have a big day. If Auburn can get some pressure on this newbie, they will have a field day picking off passes. But makes me real, real worried...two words...WILL HERRING. I swear if this guy doesn't step up this game...and make a decent tackle without getting run over first and just play consistent...I may have to run out there and pull him off the field myself. Some plays he is in great position, and others he couldn't be further out of position whether its on run support or pass coverage.

he played three quarters of picture perfect football against lsu. if he's the only worry we have, then i have nothing to worry about.

I think (and hope) that the AU secondary will have a big day. If Auburn can get some pressure on this newbie, they will have a field day picking off passes. But makes me real, real worried...two words...WILL HERRING. I swear if this guy doesn't step up this game...and make a decent tackle without getting run over first and just play consistent...I may have to run out there and pull him off the field myself. Some plays he is in great position, and others he couldn't be further out of position whether its on run support or pass coverage.

106495[/snapback]

Will Herring is having a great season. He's much improved since last season....when he was ALL SEC FRESHMAN.

Don't knock the kid...he's good.

I'm one of Herring's biggest critics and, aside from a few questionable plays against LaMonroe, I have had no beef with him this year.

Personally, I think Schaeffer is much more of a threat against our D than Ainge. Ainge may be the better QB, but Schaeffer is the biggest threat to our style D.

Archived