Espn Article

vatz22au

This is a link to an article on espn where a couple of analysts pick the midseason mvp...biggest suprise so far, disappointment, midseason coach of the year, etc etc. Suprisingly, Tuberville got 3 or 4 (forgot the count) midseason coach of the year picks from these different people....Check it out:

Here

yea but they all said that OU and USC were orange bowl bound. they said they are stickin with their preseason pick. they said they are the two best teams. thats crap. USC has played crappy for 3 games and barely beat stanford. OU has only played Texas, who was yet again overrated this season. i know i'm looking ahead, but i dont care. if we are going to win a NC than this is the year. I don't see how they can say that the SEC is the strongest conference and we have two top ten wins and they don't even think about changing their votes. the media sucks

yea but they all said that OU and USC were orange bowl bound. they said they are stickin with their preseason pick. they said they are the two best teams. thats crap. USC has played crappy for 3 games and barely beat stanford. OU has only played Texas, who was yet again overrated this season. i know i'm looking ahead, but i dont care. if we are going to win a NC than this is the year. I don't see how they can say that the SEC is the strongest conference and we have two top ten wins and they don't even think about changing their votes. the media sucks

110773[/snapback]

I agree...but if we win out...and then also win the SEC championship game, im sure the results will speak for themselves. There is no way any poll voter would not put auburn in the top 2 at the end of the year if this happens. But on the other hand, I also dont see a poll voter dropping osu or usc if they win out also..... :no:

I dont think Oklahoma will win out...thats just my opinion. They will lose another game, to who? I dont know...but they will. Auburn just has to do what auburn can do, and that is win football games.

(This is why we need a playoff system.... <_< )

i gots ta agree with trev on the pac ten thing. cal isn't the second best team in the nation, but they are the best team in the pac 10. unfortunately, sometimes the best team doesn't win it. that's life. but they are a better team than usc. there are AT LEAST 7 teams that could beat usc, probably more. i still can't believe rodgers couldn't get it in from the 9. totally shocked.

i gots ta agree with trev on the pac ten thing. cal isn't the second best team in the nation, but they are the best team in the pac 10. unfortunately, sometimes the best team doesn't win it. that's life. but they are a better team than usc. there are AT LEAST 7 teams that could beat usc, probably more. i still can't believe rodgers couldn't get it in from the 9. totally shocked.

110809[/snapback]

There are 100 teams that COULD beat USC, but how many WILL? I'm guessing that none will step up and have a game nice enough to upset them.

The whole issue with USC and OU in the Orange Bowl may come down to the fact that they were ranked higher than Auburn in the preseason polls. Thus, last year's performance and a completely subjective evaluation of college football will decide who goes to what bowl game. That is a travesty and in and of itself should FORCE a playoff system that starts next year.

My guess is that Miami loses to Louisville this week and maybe Virginia later in the season. OU will drop one, but no more. USC probably won't lose again. Purdue loses to either Wisconsin on Michigan but will beat OSU. I don't believe that Virginia can keep up their streak either.

If we win out, we will be in the Orange Bowl. Fear not, brothers!

:au: WDE

I dont think Oklahoma will win out...thats just my opinion. They will lose another game, to who? I dont know...but they will.

110792[/snapback]

A little unknown, undefeated, living in the shadows of the Oklahoma City press team that goes by the nickname of the The Pokes. :thumbsup:

USC still has to get by ASU this weekend. ASU has a good football team. If they beat ASU, they'll pretty much have no issue winning out. USC's only stumbling block would be Notre Dame. If Notre Dame can play like they did against Michigan, USC could be in for a long day. I don't believe OU will win out. If OU squeaks by OSU, they'll probably lose in the Big XII Championship. I think Miami has a couple of chances to lose. Louisville has a legit shot this weekend. They've also got show downs with Virginia and Virginia Tech remaining.

AU still has a very tough game at home against UGA and an SEC title appearance against either UGA or UT. But, we have to beat Arkansas before any of this will matter!

Archived