2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Sometimes the internet makes me shake my head.

There are some things I am surprised need clarification or explanation.

Well I love beer I'm sure that needed to be carified

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will somebody please update me on what's going on? What does CB stand for? Is Bama going to all stops to get JR to flip to them?

AU is good here. No worries.

I was thinking the same thing, glad you posted WDE. Let's put this to bed. JRob will be terrific in O&B next year.

My God! This is why I dislike social media. Total BS can take off and become gospel to some before anyone ever stops to find out if it is even true! This is crap that Byron/Bryan(?) DeVinner got started. I can't believe he is even still allowed on an SEC campus in any capacity. JR would be incredibly dumb if he got mixed up with him again. While I have no actual proof, I don't think there is much question whether he had any involvement in JR's first fiasco. I wouldn't even be in the same room with him if I could help it were I Jovon.

My God! This is why I dislike social media. Total BS can take off and become gospel to some before anyone ever stops to find out if it is even true! This is crap that Byron/Bryan(?) DeVinner got started. I can't believe he is even still allowed on an SEC campus in any capacity. JR would be incredibly dumb if he got mixed up with him again. While I have no actual proof, I don't think there is much question whether he had any involvement in JR's first fiasco. I wouldn't even be in the same room with him if I could help it were I Jovon.

Well said!

I have heard of Byron DeVinner multiple times on this forum, who is he and what did he do?

I have heard of Byron DeVinner multiple times on this forum, who is he and what did he do?

A 7-on-7 coach from Memphis. He was involve with the Redmond kid a Miss St. that got in trouble for taking $$. Of course he was who Jovon got rides from before, and most assuredly had a hand in the Transcript issue for Jovon. He is Rico McGraw's coach and just orchestrated his flip to Bama from UGA.

A 7-on-7 coach from Memphis. He was involve with the Redmond kid a Miss St. that got in trouble for taking $$. Of course he was who Jovon got rides from before, and most assuredly had a hand in the Transcript issue for Jovon. He is Rico McGraw's coach and just orchestrated his flip to Bama from UGA.

As you can see he is a real "class act" of a coach.

As you can see he is a real "class act" of a coach.

Some of these 7 on 7 coaches seem to be following the AAU pattern from basketball....picking up exceptional athletes and then shopping them around to the big Div 1 schools...most certainly with approval of parents and guardians who think these guys are the only way for their kids to get recognized....and maybe they are correct?

"Handlers" are not necessary. Having been involved with baseball for a number of years, I can say that if a player has the talent, the schools and/or teams will find him. Football 7 on 7's, baseball travel squads and AAU basketball are not necessary. The guys selling their product will say they are essential to be "found" but that's baloney.

"Handlers" are not necessary. Having been involved with baseball for a number of years, I can say that if a player has the talent, the schools and/or teams will find him. Football 7 on 7's, baseball travel squads and AAU basketball are not necessary. The guys selling their product will say they are essential to be "found" but that's baloney.

This is true as far as exposure. Might take you a little longer to be found, but they'll find you. It does help to be able to compete against the best though. Helps those who play in a weak region to show what they've got against stiff competition.

I agree but some of these parents and guardians are frankly just not very worldly....and are probably easy targets for these "agents"....some of whom charge for putting the promotion packages together, etc. Rotten stuff IMO.

Has AU ever had back to back years in which a 5 * RB commited and signed with us?

Has AU ever had back to back years in which a 5 * RB commited and signed with us?

Just guessing, Bo then Fullwood if recruits had stars back then?

Just guessing, Bo then Fullwood if recruits had stars back then?

Oddly, Bo was thought of as a sort of "project" player and not that highly regarded, though his measurables were off the chart. Bo was rated the #5 recruit in Alabama so probably would have been a solid 4*. Fullwood definitely would have been a 5*.

Bo was no 5* and was largely thought of as a LB. The top back in the state that year was Allen Evans?

Great example of them not being able rate how much heart and mental toughness an athlete has. Bo had it, Alan didn't.

Bo was no 5* and was largely thought of as a LB. The top back in the state that year was Allen Evans?

Great example of them not being able rate how much heart and mental toughness an athlete has. Bo had it, Alan didn't.

And, Bo, if anything, was seriously underrated as an athletic talent. Heck, he won the state championship for McAdory in track singlehandedly

Quoting from the AP recruiting listing at the time, concerning Bo: "He could turn into the stuff that legends are made of." But he was still ranked as their #5 recruit in Alabama.

Quoting from the AP recruiting listing at the time, concerning Bo: "He could turn into the stuff that legends are made of." But he was still ranked as their #5 recruit in Alabama.

Good stuff. How lucky was I to be in school to see Bo, Barkley, Person, Frank Thomas? Sigh.... I hope Jovon provides similar memories.

Allen Evans recently solidified his spot as irrelevant in Auburn football history.

Archived