Snowy day at Jordan Hare

Shift

Neat photo.

Probably not much chance of Auburn playing in the snow at JHS. The last JHS game is played at the end of November every other year when it is sometimes cold enough for snow.

That said Auburn did play and beat UAT 9-0 at JHS West in 2000 on a field covered with sleet. A truly miserable experience for the Bammers............. :jossun:

I remember hunting that morning about 50 miles south of JHW and the sleet was coming down the hardest I have ever seen it. The ground was covered in ice two inches deep. In the game that afternoon, Rudi Johnson carried the ball about 40 times and our defense stuffed them and shut them out.

With all this snow and ice that we have, want is hurt us in recruiting? the players can't get out and come for their scheduled visits.

With all this snow and ice that we have, want is hurt in recruiting? the playrs can't get out and come for their scheduled visits.

It's the South. We are expecting weather to be in 60s by Saturday in my area.

Reminiscing:

Any of you other old guys remember a heavy snow in 1972-73, my freshman year? I went into the Haley Center for a history class...was not snowing when I went in, but had nearly an inch on the ground by the time the class dismissed. I don't recall the total amount, but I'm sure Jordan-Hare (or "Cliff-Hare" at the time) must have looked like this.

Reminiscing:

Any of you other old guys remember a heavy snow in 1972-73, my freshman year? I went into the Haley Center for a history class...was not snowing when I went in, but had nearly an inch on the ground by the time the class dismissed. I don't recall the total amount, but I'm sure Jordan-Hare (or "Cliff-Hare" at the time) must have looked like this.

My freshman year, too. Lots of fun in the snow and in the warm indoors afterwards!

I do remember the snow in '73, I was in Florida and couldn't get back until Wednesday, the interstate was open, but the roads from I-75 to Columbus were closed...I do remember it snowed another time in December, '74 school was out for Christmas, but we were there for bowl practice...

When i was there, we had a freak snow storm (A LOT more snow than they had this time) right before Spring Break, and they shut down 280. My friend, who was driving down from Missouri to hang out over the break, went around the road blocks and drove it anyway. It took him 8 hours to get from Birmingham to Auburn.

With all this snow and ice that we have, want is hurt us in recruiting? the players can't get out and come for their scheduled visits.

snow is all but gone now. Players will have no trouble making their visits.

Never played a game in the snow, but in 73 Auburn had about 10" of snow (yeah I was there). Crazy times! Lots of fun, if you were a kid like me

Never played a game in the snow, but in 73 Auburn had about 10" of snow (yeah I was there). Crazy times! Lots of fun, if you were a kid like me

There was a story went around in later years that David Langer made a giant snowball in 73, rode with it to the top of Haley in the elevator and then threw it back onto the concourse. Any confirmed truth to the story?

Archived