Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Yeah we did see it.....some interesting stuff..

http://www.arhoolie.com/

It is good to see someone still doing that. It is easier in the digital age, but no less important.

All Lomax had was a car and some archaic reel-to-reel recoder. Be documented thousands of.songs that would have died out.

Carter was the same way. That Bear Family collection documents only a small part of it.

Edited by EagleFlight34

Looking at the band's site and tour calendar, Steepwater was at the Nick in the Ham on 2/1....

Correct. A Monday night at 9 pm I think. It was also a special tour where most of the songs they are playing are from a Rolling Stones album - Get yer ya yas out. I couldn't justify feeling like garbage at work on Tuesday to see them cover the stones. I'll be there next time they come to the area to play their own music.

Yeah, the Stones thing threw me a bit....I don't catch the Allman influence like you do. Listened to 4 songs while working around...Good enough band though. Nice Euro tour they are about to hit on, too.

Glad to see this thread taking off better than the previous one I made. Good job, everyone. Keep it coming.

Music is one of the few things that everyone can drop their personal beliefs at the door, and just discuss.