Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

They were huge back in the day.

This sounds like a creepy stalker but I could watch/listen to Jimmy Page play all day. He's like a weird amalgam of Yngwie (technical) and Hendrix (experimental) rolled up with the soul of a bluesman

It still amazes me how few people have ever heard of Yngwie. His music wasn't the most popular, but good grief he can play. I tried learning some of his songs a while back, decided I didn't have 10 years to dedicate every moment of my life to playing and moved on. His knowledge of different scales/modes on guitar is nothing short of mind blowing.

Digging this thread. I have tried?l, with no success, to imbed videos. So, here's a link to some older stuff Sturgill Simpson did a few years back.

And here is his newest release...today actually.

Edit* Thanks for the tip, Shocks.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

Mobile YouTube has its own link that imbeds. Don't click the one in the bar up top, but the actual share link on the page.

Removing the "s" on mobile doesn't work like it does on an actual computer.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Here's an emotional song. Well written and the emotion really comes through later in the song.

That is really good, This thread has brought to my attention artists and music I didn't know and likely wouldn't otherwise.

Mobile YouTube has its own link that imbeds. Don't click the one in the bar up top, but the actual share link on the page.

Removing the "s" on mobile doesn't work like it does on an actual computer.

It can, you just have to change the m. to www. also

Zakk is awesome! Nice find, FE!

This young man played at the after party of a marathon I ran in January. I had seen him on YouTube a few times prior to seeing him live. He is unbelievably talented.

15 years old? I'm impressed

Going to the first weekend of Jazzfest this year for the first time. Definitely intend on catching Gov't Mule.

Never been to jazz fest but have always been interested in it. Have cousins that grew up in NO. They always complained about prices and huge crowds so I've shyed away I suppose. Hell, Govt Mule alone could draw me in though. Won't be going this year...saving for a new house. But I'd bet it will be a blast. From what I hear all the prices for everything are very high there so either be prepared to spend or have a plan to minimize. Go in expecting that and I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Going to the first weekend of Jazzfest this year for the first time. Definitely intend on catching Gov't Mule.

Never been to jazz fest but have always been interested in it. Have cousins that grew up in NO. They always complained about prices and huge crowds so I've shyed away I suppose. Hell, Govt Mule alone could draw me in though. Won't be going this year...saving for a new house. But I'd bet it will be a blast. From what I hear all the prices for everything are very high there so either be prepared to spend or have a plan to minimize. Go in expecting that and I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it.

I think the last time I saw Gov't Mule was during Jazzfest actually, though not at the fairgrounds. 7 Walkers(Bill Kreutzmann) with Papa Mali opened. Good show. Though the venue wasn't well ventilated, a LOT of weed smoke...and if I'm complaining about that after 45 Phish shows, then it's a big deal.

We generally avoid the main section Bourbon Street where all the craziness is, so I don't recall any crowds bigger than Mardi Gras at least.

Going to check out NOLA Brewing while we're there as well as hopefully hitting Abita in Abita Springs. Not crazy about Abita in general, but I've had enough of their beers to warrant a visit their facility.

Anyway, to tie it all in, here's the set list(wow, will have been 6 years since seeing them): http://mulearmy.net/govt-mule-04-30-2010-mahalia-jackson-theater-new-orleans-la/

Edited by ShocksMyBrain