Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Everything this girl has ever touched has been critically acclaimed....Nashville kid, mama is a songwriter and very original. Not a formula in sight....East Nashville is chock full of people like this in every genre imaginable...

Southern Ground is Zac's record label....Here are a few songs from some you know and maybe some you don't. Got a very nice studio in Nashville too....Also named Southern Grounds. Old Presby church and magnificent sound...

https://www.reverbnation.com/southerngroundartists/songs

Ever seen Foo Fighters Sonic Higheays series? They recorded in Zac's studio (with Zac making a cameo in the song) and told the backstory of his studio. Awesome story, even better series of shows. I think Sonic Highways is one of the best musical documentaries made in my lifetime.

Anybody know these guys? They had some highly successful songs, this is a lesser known one. The guy above reminds me of this. Their album Live Two Five is an amazing album

Oh man now there is a group of guys for you. They came to Florence back in 2011, Jimmy Ibbotson wasn't with them anymore but man they could play. One of my all time favorites.

Did see some of Sonic Highways......great stuff.

A couple of years ago when he did the Sound City doc, we had a couple of young bands at SXSW....We got to see this and the panel discussion.............and well Stevie Nicks and stufffffff......

Everything this girl has ever touched has been critically acclaimed....Nashville kid, mama is a songwriter and very original. Not a formula in sight....East Nashville is chock full of people like this in every genre imaginable...

That's like a sad/depressing version of June Carter :laugh:

You've gotta dig deep in Nashville to find the real songwriters. It's all about glitz, glamour and singing what the exec in NYC says is country. It's sad really. There's still tons of musicians in Nashville, they just never make it to big labels anymore. Girls like that don't stand a chance. She'd be better in Austin or Cali.

Edited by FoundationEagle

That young lady is terrific. I remember hearing her with Bill Cody on WSM one morning. That's one of the things I like about them. They'll introduce new artists as well as bring back the all time greats.

Don't kid yourself, Foundation, she makes more touring than many people do in a lifetime .............no one in this business doesn't know her here or internationally for that matter....

The art and the careers aren't on FM radio......the art and careers sell out 1500 3-5 nights a week at $50 a head.....get the old calculator out and figure that out if you do it 9 months a year. She does a lot more than OK...lol. She is just getting started too.....

Been on more than several Euro tours that did nothing but make bank...

Don't kid yourself, Foundation, she makes more touring than many people do in a lifetime .............no one in this business doesn't know her here or internationally for that matter....

The art and the careers aren't on FM radio......the art and careers sell out 1500 3-5 nights a week at $50 a head.....get the old calculator out and figure that out if you do it 9 months a year. She does a lot more than OK...lol. She is just getting started too.....

Been on more than several Euro tours that did nothing but make bank...

Well, she got free of Nashville. Good for her. I've seen musicians in bars in Nashville that claim to have been there for 20 years trying to make it and have 10 times the talent and a 100 times the songwriting of the radio artists, yet are still playing bars. Usually because they refuse to sell out. You either get a tour and leave Nashville or sell out and become a radio star. Glad to hear some still make it out in original form.

How would you say she got free of Nashville?

Nothing about the fact that extremely talented people toil away forever in bar bands across America is new.....Nashville doesn't break that mold....You can find them in any city of size you go to...

How would you say she got free of Nashville?

Nothing about the fact that extremely talented people toil away forever in bar bands across America is new.....Nashville doesn't break that mold....You can find them in any city of size you go to...

Agreed, just last several times I've been there I'm always amazed at the obscene amount of talent wasting away in bars in that town. The thing I see every time I go there is that no one is playing the "get my cold beer, grab my girl and my truck and party in a corn row" songs. They are all singing real music, and I'm sure some make it at smaller levels, but the music industry that used to be Nashville thrived on these artists...now they don't fit the mold. Truth be told I'm not into country enough to dig around smaller labels looking for good music, but it's very hard to find on the radio these days. That's what I mean they have to get free from Nashville. What most consider Nashville is now the corporate music giants that these artist rarely see any interest from. Hopefully one day it will turn the other way. Unfortunately, "I got my cold beer and my country girl" music is what's selling and what most people these days consider "Nashville"

I don't mean you can't make it in Nashville, you just have to do it free from the corporate scene I suppose

Edited by FoundationEagle

Do a little background check on the song, "If This Is Goodbye".....some damn good stuff....

Emmylou is extraordinarily talented.....

The Duets album....a recent record with Rodney Crowell, Trio.......Allison Krause....Don Williams, Willie Nelson....Lucinda Williams..Boulder to Birmingham.....crossed over on every chart there was at the time....

Do a little background check on the song, "If This Is Goodbye".....some damn good stuff....

Emmylou is extraordinarily talented.....

The Duets album....a recent record with Rodney Crowell, Trio.......Allison Krause....Don Williams, Willie Nelson....Lucinda Williams..Boulder to Birmingham.....crossed over on every chart there was at the time....

I did not know that about that song. Very enlightening. As for Emmylou, I've loved her music for a long time. Her voice is one of fhe most pure I've ever heard. Her work with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt is pure gold IMHO. Edited by cooltigger21

Yep, a very good song.....some serious meaning.

Emmylou started in Wash DC coffeehouses.....met Gram Parsons, who has long since passed.........was in a relationship with him for a while. He was a performer/writer as well and had too many demons/substance issues to survive them. She has been an active performer since her late teens.

Yep, he was very unique......that whole crew was swirling in and out of the Byrd's at the time, too..No shortage of talent....

He was, at times, less than thrilled at the success of others...He was talented, also....

They did a turn on Hickory Wind that was pretty good....