Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Classic song....In that still shot of the vid, the man on the right, is Townes Van Zandt. The man who wrote the song. If you know anything about him, he wrote some great songs. Wild as a buck, poetic as hell. Long been one of my favorite writers. Well respected writer.

http://townesvanzandt.com/

Edited by telling tiger

Earle hung on his every movement. Quite a crew they had running for a while...

Until he moved out closer to the airport, he wrote in an old ramshackle cabin not far from where my fam lives now.

Edited by telling tiger

Earle named his son Justin Townes Earle. Earle is married to Allison Moorer. All three great songwriters and performers in their own right. Allison's sister is Shelby Lynne. A Grammy winning artist herself and both from south Alabama.....Monroeville, IIRC...

Edited by telling tiger

Earle hung on his every movement. Quite a crew they had running for a while...

Until he moved out closer to the airport, he wrote in an old ramshackle cabin not far from where my fam lives now.

In Austin?

Edit: I guess I should ask

In Austin:..or San Antonio...or Nashville....or New York? Lol.

Edited by FoundationEagle

Admittedly not for everyone but, Little Big Town has a Sumiton, Al native, Jimi Westbrooks. They won for Girl Crush.

Jimi is actually a very good singer. Damn good guy.

I really like their music. The really do work well together. Karen Fairchild has a sister that sings pretty good Made a little noise a few years ago but never really took off.

Karen and Jimi are married.....cute couple of mini Jimi kids....mischievous like Daddy, pretty funny...

All four, extremely nice people.

Great harmony too...Philip and Jimi both are pretty good musicians..