Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Some of the other modern women blues guitarist I have been listening to:

Samantha Fish

Joanne Shaw Taylor

Anna Popovic

Edited by Texan4Auburn

Don't expect many people to watch this one, but one of my favorite versions of this song...might be best watched while intoxicated for some.

I watched. Good guitar. Still can't do the jam band music. Saw perpetual groove (opened up for Warren Haynes). Worst show I've ever witnessed. For those that don't know, Perpetual Groove is just that....an hour of the same beat and rhythm with very small variations and very few lyrics. Picture techno for hippies. Now Phish is a whole lot better, but I just can't do the jam band outside of the dead. Don't even like the Allman Bris jam band songs like Jessica. To each their own.

Billboard listed this song as AAA/rock in sales rankings.....iTunes and others listed it as country and folk.....What do you think? Made the band/management very unhappy....

Well, it's about taking a truck out to the woods and drinking alcohol with a girl. Has to be country lol. It fits right in with all new country with a little ZBB sound. 1000000 percent country.

Yep, my opinion too.....I have a little knowledge of this band....They started out as more of a college radio oriented rock-ish band.

With several songs, like, "Dancing Shoes", they achieved a more than adequate level of success....They are a HARD touring and working band..........great guys.

You have people like Darius Rucker(Hootie and The Blowfish), who have crossed over, left one genre behind and passed off a country pop sound as country music....He has played the Opry innumerable times.....These guys can seek a wider demographic too...Bands change, they evolve if they are ACTUAL musicians. Influences change, expand, gain or lose interest. Technique and writing expands, grows and changes.

Silly decision by Billboard...just stupid.

A couple of my friends in this thread probably knew I was going to post this sooner or later. Selias and EagleFlight. They were right.

The lyrics(you're not happy/but what is love?/fate gave you me for a lover)<<<well yeah. The guitar work is stellar....the harmonies, hell to me, the whole record was stellar....This was before joining Fleetwood Mac...crank this one up...

It was a great record....Lot's of bootlegs floating around of that one. If they ever re-release it, it would blow up, again. Saw them in concert in Nashville not long ago. They were joking around between songs and Lindsey played a dozen bars of Frozen Love or so, Stevie sang, "You may not be as strong as me".....the crowd exploded.....

She said, "You know, we should do that one day"......No s---....Probably more well known today, than then.

The record only sold well in Austin, Texas and Alabama.....Never understand it. On youtube, you can find some of their early work in California, before even Buckingham Nicks.

It was a great record....Lot's of bootlegs floating around of that one. If they ever re-release it, it would blow up, again. Saw them in concert in Nashville not long ago. They were joking around between songs and Lindsey played a dozen bars of Frozen Love or so, Stevie sang, "You may not be as strong as me".....the crowd exploded.....

She said, "You know, we should do that one day"......No s---....Probably more well known today, than then.

The record only sold well in Austin, Texas and Alabama.....Never understand it. On youtube, you can find some of their early work in California, before even Buckingham Nicks.

I think Stevie actually just recently got the masters of it back or something. Can't remember the article. There was discussion of doing like a special edition with it's release.

I caught them at both the Atlanta shows.

He was influenced by the blues, so many of the UK bands of that time were. The Stones, LZ, Faces and even Fleetwood Mac when Welch was involved. Europe, in general, has a better grasp of our roots music than many Americans do.

Trivia? Who was JP's favorite band?

It would be platinum within a week to ten days.

And I will try to be first in line. :yes:

If I recall correctly, he stated in Rolling Stone that it was Little Feat. Don't know if you ever had the opportunity, but they were incredible on stage. Saw them and Jeff Healey years ago. Memorable.

Edited by AUFAN78

Throwing a curve ball. Big fan of Talking Heads, and one of my favorite songs of theirs and in general. It's well known I want this played at my funeral(surely I'm not the only one who thinks about that)...

Edited by ShocksMyBrain