WHY BIG 10?

Auburn85

Why is it the Big 10, when there are 11 teams. I just think it's silly to call a conference with 11 teams the Big 10. :blink:

That's like calling the 12 teams in the Big 12, the Big 8 :poke::slapfh:

Why is it the Big 10, when there are 11 teams.  I just think it's silly to call a conference with 11 teams the Big 10. :blink:

That's like calling the 12 teams in the Big 12, the Big 8 :poke:   :slapfh:

139242[/snapback]

Why does this always get asked? It was originally the Big 10, and they didn't change it when they added Northwestern because it sounds better to say the Big Ten than the Big Eleven. On the other hand, when Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Baylor got added to the Big Eight is sounded somewhat decent to say Big Twelve. Seriously, just say it to yourself. Does Big Eleven flow?

Actually they didn't add Northwestern, they added Penn St to make it 11.

139254[/snapback]

You beat me to it. I laughed my butt off when he said Northwestern while he was trying to show us how smart he is :big::big:

Here's your sign tidefever :poke:

I guess one of the schools in the Big 10 gets left out in the cold. Kind of like an unwanted jelly bean, (black ones) it's always there but it's never wanted or aknowledged :cry3:

139254[/snapback]

This is true.... :)

:au::homer:

The depth of knowledge shown by the Tide faithful never ceases to amaze me.

139256[/snapback]

The fact that there are STILL a few uat "faithful" around amazes me! ! ! :lol::lol:

I guess one of the schools in the Big 10 gets left out in the cold. Kind of like an unwanted jelly bean, (black ones) it's always there but it's never wanted or aknowledged :cry3:

139264[/snapback]

This board has no room for jelly bean bias. ;)

139254[/snapback]

You beat me to it. I laughed my butt off when he said Northwestern while he was trying to show us how smart he is :big::big:

Here's your sign tidefever :poke:

139261[/snapback]

Maybe he's just trying to forget about Minnesota??? ;)

Archived