Baseball @ UAT Game 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of this. Routine plays in EVERY sport we can't seem handle! Do we have anybody on any team who is clutch? Are we just happy to compete?

I'm sick of this. Routine plays in EVERY sport we can't seem handle! Do we have anybody on any team who is clutch? Are we just happy to compete?

No. And, I'm not sure I can call what they've done this year as "competing" lol. Just not a good baseball team.

Just like with football last season, Im trying to find something to look forward to for baseball to build on next season. Other than the possibility of a Keegan/Mize/? rotation, I can't seem to find much room for optimism right now.

Just like with football last season, Im trying to find something to look forward to for baseball to build on next season. Other than the possibility of a Keegan/Mize/? rotation, I can't seem to find much room for optimism right now.

I'm a gluten for punishment and I'll keep going to games but I don't expect much out of AU in baseball anymore. Not a quitter but this is just a good decision.

I'm a gluten for punishment and I'll keep going to games but I don't expect much out of AU in baseball anymore. Not a quitter but this is just a good decision.

Yea, replacing an entire outfield and having to build basically an entire bullpen and actually find 3 true weekend starters on top of teaching people how to catch ground balls...I do not envy the coaching staff.

Yea, replacing an entire outfield and having to build basically an entire bullpen and actually find 3 true weekend starters on top of teaching people how to catch ground balls...I do not envy the coaching staff.

Also, forgot losing starting SS, 2B. So at least 5/8 new position players will be starting next season. Maybe more if jobs are won by newbies in fall camp.

This team just doesn't know how to win. Butch has a lot of work to do to get this team ready to play competitive ball in the SEC next year.

Also, forgot losing starting SS, 2B. So at least 5/8 new position players will be starting next season. Maybe more if jobs are won by newbies in fall camp.

Replacing the most error-prone infield in the SEC ....by far.....should be a good thing IMO. It's a shame (and I can't imagine pitching in front of them) but as a tight game goes longer and longer.....you just know in your gut that someone is going to boot a ground ball or throw it into the dugout at the moment when it will do the most damage.

We've had two years of poor infielding.....Butch should be happy to have the chance to start again though quite a few of those errors will probably be back next season. I won't name them but you can look 'em up.

I'm hoping Buentello comes back....a pretty slick fielder and a serious bat, also Robert, Palacio, Foster and some other guys who showed good promise.

If they play fundamental baseball, there is no reason the team should not be improved next season.

And a moment while I get on my soap box.....ah, there.....

Butch is getting a pass from fans this year.....who probably won't be so generous next season if the team persists in letting so many close games get away.

You think he needs a total free pass if they get swept by Bama today?

You think he needs a total free pass if they get swept by Bama today?

Probably so.....he's not going to turn this team around in a day....or likely in a couple weeks.

If you look at last season's defensive stats they are not much better than what's going on....same guys making the errors. He inherited it.....was not able to make it better......I'd hoped for improvement but that might have been too much. I'm guessing errors are a mental issue...all of the players are very good athletes, no question....just something they can't seem to shake off.

So.....I'm thinking we just forget this season and see who he can bring in to tighten up the defense and pitching.

This is sick. You can't beat uat on your own field. Didn't beat them in Montgomery. Another sad season in Auburn baseball.

This is sick. You can't beat uat on your own field. Didn't beat them in Montgomery. Another sad season in Auburn baseball.

Are you lost?......AU won the game in Montgomery 10-1 and these are being played Tuscalooser....just so you know?

We beat them 10-1 in Montgomery and this series in at THEIR PARK. We are also 7-1 in the Capital City Classic since it was renewed. Let me translate for you. That means we've WON SEVEN and LOST only once.

Research is your friend and its way past time that you actually did some of it.

Archived