Baskeball floor getting fresh look

WarTiger

Arena has been the same since in opened in 2010 and I have to say, I love the new look.    I like that they are changing it up, and its likely they'll change it again in 6-7 years.   Here are some pics of the progress.  

First the original look:

2l8duop.jpg

New look progress:

epglkk.jpg

Orange elements added:

102ts7s.jpg

I like it a lot.  I like that the emphasis is on blue which is Auburn's primary color.   The lack of a color border around the old floor layout looked strange.    The only think I would chane is to make the AU logo much smaller.  I'm a purest when it comes to basketball floors.   I like the way they looked 20 years ago before the jump circle became lost in giant logos and all manner of ads and writing appeared on the hardwood.    The use of multiple wood tones is also distracting and should be banned.   How refs and visiting player adjust to all the strange floor designs we see now is a mystery. The ncaa needs to sets some floor design standards. However they used some wild layouts in their own ncaa tournament floors. 

VERY nice.....as noted, like the strong blue colors....

That is so crisp.  Love the navy border and glad the key is blue too. I bet it will look great with the student section in their orange shirts 

Nice. The out of bounds are clearly defined. I agree with everyone on the blue. It looks great.

On 7/23/2016 at 5:09 PM, cptau said:

I like it a lot.  I like that the emphasis is on blue which is Auburn's primary color.   The lack of a color border around the old floor layout looked strange.    The only think I would chane is to make the AU logo much smaller.  I'm a purest when it comes to basketball floors.   I like the way they looked 20 years ago before the jump circle became lost in giant logos and all manner of ads and writing appeared on the hardwood.    The use of multiple wood tones is also distracting and should be banned.   How refs and visiting player adjust to all the strange floor designs we see now is a mystery. The ncaa needs to sets some floor design standards. However they used some wild layouts in their own ncaa tournament floors. 

Eh, players love them. When it comes down to it, players aren't distracted by that, they're playing a game... at least that's just what I experience when I'm playing a game. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it looks great.   I can only imagine what the total cost was, but I would think we would get ten years of use from a project of that size.   After all, we did spend over $80 million to build the place just a few years ago.

The navy and the hardwood color make for a better combination than the orange IMO. And I like orange being featured usually.

Archived