2017 Softball Lineup - any guesses?

GBAU83

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

*spoiler* Maybe batting leadoff. 

She did yesterday but she has batted anywhere from 1-4 since practice started.

So for Oklahoma, fielding will probably be:

Pitcher: Martin
Catcher: Courtney Shea
1st Base: Kendall Veach
2nd Base: Casey McCrackin
3rd Base: Kasey Cooper
SS: Haley Fagan
LF: Madi Gipson/Morgan Podany/Camryn Greenwood
CF: Victoria Draper
RF: Whitney Jordan 

And then against Washington that night

Pitcher: Carlson
Catcher: Carlee Wallace
1st Base: Kendall Veach (some relief by Justus Perry)
2nd Base: KK Crocker
3rd Base: Kasey Cooper
SS: Haley Fagan
LF: Madi Gipson/Morgan Podany/Camryn Greenwood
CF: Victoria Draper
RF: Whitney Jordan

Any guess to the batting order?  I have seen something (ellitor I think posted it) about Cooper batting anywhere in 1-4 spot.  Here is how I would go for the two games:

1. Casey McCrackin (Crocker)
2. Whitney Jordan
3. Haley Fagan
4. Casey Cooper
5. Carlee Wallace (PH)
6. Kendall Veach
7. Courtney Shea
8. Madi Gipson
9. Victoria Draper

I'm late to the party - but I am super excited the season is starting up!

Like all of you, I'm really going to miss Emily at 2nd. She was clutch on the field and at the plate. It will be fun to see who is going to be that player for us moving forward.

I want the win against Oklahoma more than anything. Starting off with them and Washington is pretty ridiculous but will be a great test for our more inexperienced ladies.

I've been seeing reports of Snow's "health" issues - is that sports related or an actual sickness? I'm behind on the news!

GBAU83 in regards to lineup I believe coach said that Wallace would catch game 1 for Martin and Shea would be behind plate in game 2.  

Linayus, regarding Snow and from what I know when she was out last fall ....not a sports related injury..

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

GBAU83 in regards to lineup I believe coach said that Wallace would catch game 1 for Martin and Shea would be behind plate in game 2.  

Linayus, regarding Snow and from what I know when she was out last fall ....not a sports related injury..

Thanks - I was trying to remember which catcher caught which pitcher the most last year.  Then I saw an article after my post that CCM said Wallace would get the first game.

I know Cooper batted lead off against UW, did she against OU??  I didn't get to see that game.  Coach a played a lot of freshman, pinch hit a lot of them in the UW game.  Not sure Cooper was all that comfy at lead off.  They still basically pitched around her in the UW game.  

Archived