Vs MSU Postgame W[98-92]

ShocksMyBrain

I accept the win is a win theory but it's hard for me to accept that we "played well in the second half" when MSU scored 68 points...which is about what they usually score in an entire ball game.....and of course Auburn nearly let a 20 point lead get away via about every kind of mistake one could imagine.   YET...it was a win....and that's good ....but nothing I saw in the 2nd half encouraged me much about games to come. JMO.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're not the only ones upset with the officiating. A Tennessee fan on the secrant said that Pat Adams, the same ref we had last night, really helped them get back and win the game against ole miss tonight. He was saying this after they won lol. Something needs to be done. The fun of the game is being taken away. It's sad that in this conference we have this issue.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Looks like we're not the only ones upset with the officiating. A Tennessee fan on the secrant said that Pat Adams, the same ref we had last night, really helped them get back and win the game against ole miss tonight. He was saying this after they won lol. Something needs to be done. The fun of the game is being taken away. It's sad that in this conference we have this issue.

This has been an issue for 20 years. It's why I quit watching bball about 10 years ago (figured I'd try again seeing as we hired Bruce...and apparently it's only gotten worse .....worse than the point that made me quit watching all together...let that sink in). That goes for pro ball too. Difference there is the refs are actually capable, they just give special treatment to special players which is intentionally cheating.  It's downright effing disturbing iyam

10 hours ago, au302 said:

SEC officiating is always questionable , the matter what the sport but in a game where in less than one minute of  game play , teams commit ten fouls and shoot 18 foul  shots and the time elapsed on the clock at home was close to 20 minutes , it is hard to blame just officials.  I don't know what players and coaches were thinking but that was ridiculous .

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

SEC officiating is always questionable , the matter what the sport but in a game where in less than one minute of  game play , teams commit ten fouls and shoot 18 foul  shots and the time elapsed on the clock at home was close to 20 minutes , it is hard to blame just officials.  I don't know what players and coaches were thinking but that was ridiculous .

The issue was the foul calls. They mostly weren't real fouls. 

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

The issue was the foul calls. They mostly weren't real fouls. 

But they were. AU wasn't moving their feet and getting into good position, they were reaching. They will call that 100 times out of 100.

That's the name of the game, you play aggressive and under control and you literally force the refs to have to make calls for you

Archived