Women vs. lsu - Game Thread

WarTiger

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Charlie Creme who does bracketology for ESPN moved us up from a 10 seed to a 9 seed in the NCAA Tourney after beating LSU last night. Link

When they showed the brackets last night for the SEC tournament it had us playing LSU in the opening round then a matchup with Tennessee should we advance.  Of course that is subject to change a little based on the results of the rest of the regular season, but I definitely like those matchups for us should that hold true. I believe Mississippi State and South Carolina would get double byes.  Auburn would have to play 2 games to get to that point if I remember correctly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, WarTiger said:

When they showed the brackets last night for the SEC tournament it had us playing LSU in the opening round then a matchup with Tennessee should we advance.  Of course that is subject to change a little based on the results of the rest of the regular season, but I definitely like those matchups for us should that hold true. I believe Mississippi State and South Carolina would get double byes.  Auburn would have to play 2 games to get to that point if I remember correctly.

Being one of last in means we would be one of the first out.  (His move was procedural)  IMO We need to beat Arkansas tomorrow and at a minimum the first tournament game to stay in and not get bumped out.

36 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Being one of last in means we would be one of the first out.  (His move was procedural)  IMO We need to beat Arkansas tomorrow and at a minimum the first tournament game to stay in and not get bumped out.

That's not what I was talking about.  My comments are concerning the SEC Tournament not the NCAA tournament.

On 2/25/2017 at 9:17 AM, WarTiger said:

That's not what I was talking about.  My comments are concerning the SEC Tournament not the NCAA tournament.

But you replied to a comment that was about the NCAA Tourney. Probably why WLT got confused. There was no scenario that would have had us playing Tennessee in the 2nd round of the SEC Tourney. What you saw was some kind of typo. Auburn was locked into the 8 versus 9 game after they beat LSU in the regular season. If UGA had won their Sunday game as expected then Yes AU's first SEC Tourney game would have been against LSU as I noted on the previous page. The 8 versus 9 game winner plays the #1 seed in their 2nd game of the tourney which in this case is South Carolina. Link

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

But you replied to a comment that was about the NCAA Tourney. Probably why WLT got confused. There was no scenario that would have had us playing Tennessee in the 2nd round of the SEC Tourney. What you saw was some kind of typo. Auburn was locked into the 8 versus 9 game after they beat LSU in the regular season. If UGA had won their Sunday game as expected then Yes AU's first SEC Tourney game would have been against LSU as I noted on the previous page. The 8 versus 9 game winner plays the #1 seed in their 2nd game of the tourney which in this case is South Carolina. Link

Yes there was.  It had us playing on the opening day of the tournament prior to the our game with LSU.  Had that taken place, we would have matched up with Tennessee in the 2nd round.   Clearly some teams won, others lost that affected the seeding since that was shown.

Archived