One Wonders if Spicer is Trying to get Fired at this Point.

AUDub

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Spicer outrage"? :-\

He said something really stupid, then made it worse. He's simply paying the price for it.  

It will fade away.

True ...and not the first Press Secretary to put a foot in his or her mouth.  Not an easy job trying to explain the un-explainable.   I was looking at a list of the last half dozen and while some were better liars than others, all of them had their troubles with a media that mostly had nothing better to do than try to find some kind of misstatement or dumb statement that they could use as "news" when reporting on the conferences.  

For certain, Spicer is one of the least adroit in dealing with the media whereas Carney could lie right in their faces with not a hint of shame or remorse.   To his credit, Robert Gibbs got tired of playing the "game" and gave the job up after a couple years.

With a controversial President like Trump who the media almost universally dislikes, Spicer is in way over his head. JMO.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Spicer outrage"? :-\

He said something really stupid, then made it worse. He's simply paying the price for it.  

It will fade away.

I was speaking to the partisan media outrage, but you are correct, it was stupid and it will fade away.

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I was speaking to the partisan media outrage, but you are correct, it was stupid and it will fade away.

"partisan media outrage"?  :-\

How is this partisan?

I think it is overblown. He gave what I consider an honest apology. It's not the norm for this administration to accept fault. It was a huge unforced error as was Ben Carsons. A reflection of the administration. It'll get worse. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

"partisan media outrage"?  :-\

How is this partisan?

That you would ask is telling. :gofig:

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

That you would ask is telling. :gofig:

So are you implying that conservatives don't see anything wrong with his statements - that you have to be a liberal to understand it?

Can you explain explain why you think this is partisan?

From what I heard Spicer had a lot of respect among people in D.C. before working for Trump. I think anyone that works for Trump will pretty much automatically look like a fool. Kind of like how Condoleezza Rice lost a lot of credibility when she went to work for W. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

From what I heard Spicer had a lot of respect among people in D.C. before working for Trump. I think anyone that works for Trump will pretty much automatically look like a fool. Kind of like how Condoleezza Rice lost a lot of credibility when she went to work for W. 

Spicer has a difficult job. He took it knowing that maybe. I still think before the term ends he resigns to save face. 

Archived