Trump calculus on Russia and North Korea correct

japantiger

Once again the Dem's and liberal rags (I know, "liberal;" and "rag" in the same sentence is redudant) get it 100% wrong on both Russia and NK...Putin does meet with Tillerson; and they agree to a plan to lesson tension....; and the Chinese have made it clear  to Kim that NK needs to back off nukes; and that the PLA is ready to move in after Mini Me Dear Leader commits suicide to stabilise NK....well, well, well...America stands up to bullies, provides leadership and the world lines up .........oh, and it would seem now that Trump also called surveillance 100% right....my, my, my....

Well, let's see....dating back 18 months; every time; and I mean every time; you guys jump on Trump for something he can't or won't do; it seems he does....it's early, he hasn't been President 90 days yet...we now have China putting pressure on NK; turned back their coal ships, moved 150k PLA troops to their border and the Peoples newspaper just spelled out to Kim what he must not do and what CH will do...and we've had two US industries now opened up for import to CH....and in the prior 20 years, 3 administrations have gotten CH and NK to do exactly what?  Nothing....well, not exactly nothing; they've gotten CH to steal millions of our jobs in exchange for nothing and NK took $4b of our dollars to feed their people so they could keep developing missiles and nukes....so, I'd say we're doing OK for 70 days in....but hey, you just keep telling me what Trump won't or can't do...all you Smart People's track record is impeccable.

7 hours ago, japantiger said:

Well, let's see....dating back 18 months; every time; and I mean every time; you guys jump on Trump for something he can't or won't do; it seems he does....it's early, he hasn't been President 90 days yet...we now have China putting pressure on NK; turned back their coal ships, moved 150k PLA troops to their border and the Peoples newspaper just spelled out to Kim what he must not do and what CH will do...and we've had two US industries now opened up for import to CH....and in the prior 20 years, 3 administrations have gotten CH and NK to do exactly what?  Nothing....well, not exactly nothing; they've gotten CH to steal millions of our jobs in exchange for nothing and NK took $4b of our dollars to feed their people so they could keep developing missiles and nukes....so, I'd say we're doing OK for 70 days in....but hey, you just keep telling me what Trump won't or can't do...all you Smart People's track record is impeccable.

Get real.  Trump said in the election that he thought South Korea and Japan should develop their own nuclear arsenal.

The question is not what Trump can do, it's what he intends to do.  Getting China involved with curbing N. Korea is an obvious, inevitable strategy. And it's not new (duh).  Involving China has been American strategy for years.

Trump is hardly a hero for recognizing the obvious, although considering his past positions, I suppose we should be grateful.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:52 PM, homersapien said:

Get real.  Trump said in the election that he thought South Korea and Japan should develop their own nuclear arsenal.

The question is not what Trump can do, it's what he intends to do.  Getting China involved with curbing N. Korea is an obvious, inevitable strategy. And it's not new (duh).  Involving China has been American strategy for years.

Trump is hardly a hero for recognizing the obvious, although considering his past positions, I suppose we should be grateful.

Two points....

• The difference is; in two days Trump was successful with China; while 3 successive administrations over 20 years failed....so, you are half right (the unimportant half); the idea of China involvement is a big Duh; the difference is we finally have someone that executed and got results....the fact that you won't acknowledge it or are unaware is pretty telling....
  • I don't see the issue with telling the NK's we are ok with arming Japan and SK....pretty good ploy I think....and I am sure it got China's attention (did you ever think of that; of course not; because your a democrat and democrats always capitulate in foreign policy matters and would never threaten to do something to piss of an adversary)....again, you guys just piss and moan for the sake of pissing and moaning...results matter...China is playing ball...and you continue to whine and be wrong on every issue; and I mean 100% wrong; 100% % of the time. ...it's really hard to believe you still even comment...I generally find that people that are never right at some point become chastened by their own ass-clownness...but, you never fail...you just jump right back in every time and sustain your perfect track record...keep it up Homey....

41 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Two points....

• The difference is; in two days Trump was successful with China;

Seriously?  In two days, he put the North Korean problem to bed?  :lmao:

And what happened to China the currency manipulator??

43 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Two points....

• I don't see the issue with telling the NK's we are ok with arming Japan and SK....pretty good ploy I think....

Yeah, implying you are encouraging South Korea and Japan is really going to make the North Koreans think about giving up their nuclear program.  

(How does that work exactly?)

All it does is create doubt by North Korea -  and China - not to menion South Korea and Japan about US willingness to back them as allies.

I fail to see how that's a good thing for the US.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?  In two days, he put the North Korean problem to bed?  :lmao:

And what happened to China the currency manipulator??

Read for comprehension please....in two days he got China to do what 3 previous administrations had failed to do....nice job now trying to change the subject now though...I'll adress that later...

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, implying you are encouraging South Korea and Japan is really going to make the North Koreans think about giving up their nuclear program.  

(How does that work exactly?)

All it does is create doubt by North Korea -  and China - not to menion South Korea and Japan about US willingness to back them as allies.

I fail to see how that's a good thing for the US.

No, I'm stating he used that as part of his broader strategy to get China to do what he needs China to do...the last country that wants a nuclear or even conventionally armed Japan is CH....so what do you think is more important to CH?  I can answer that for you if you still can't figure this out.....

As for CH being a currency manipulator; let's see....he's gotten CH to do what he wants re: NK; and he's opened up 2 US industries to CH import...and he's got them to agree to a 100 day plan to take additional actions on trade....hhhhmmmm, I think that's pretty good work for 2 days....if the 100 days yields nothing; he can always declare them a manipulator....in the mean time; what do you think is more valuable?  Let me answer that for you again since I know you'll draw the wrong conclusion...getting CH to make trade concessions, open markets and help stop NK is more important....and the option/threat to do something on currency is still there...this is what you call a winning negotiation strategy...he gave up none of his leverage and got all of what he wanted...look, I know having a winning negotiation on a foreign policy matter is "foreign" to you or any democrat ...but this is what it looks like....

Archived