Baseball vs Mississippi St Game 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was nice...Johnson walked and moved to 2nd on a WP....just need a hit now.....

Well dang....Holland with a liner to short for the final out ...now to the bottom of 5th.....3-2 and lots of time for AU.....

KT looking pretty smooth...very economical effort tonight...70 pitches...but soon as I say that the lead off guy doubles down the line into the left field corner.

Jeremy Johnson in left...not that JJ) ....several guys playing tonight who have not seen much action lately.  Holland back tonight....been on the bench for last couple weeks..probably because of hitting problems.

Well....lost my feed....guess it will be back in a minute or two..

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

One run in. One out. man on third.

thanks....still nothing from ESPN...sabotage by one of their departing employees? 

dang....todd caught trying to stretch a single in to a double...a very good throw from LF...

MSU riding starting pitcher Konnor Pilkington like a pack mule.  114 pitches and gives up a single to J Todd, love the effort to try and make something happen but thrown out sliding into second on a tremendous pick and throw by the MSU leftfielder.

Jarvis is out with back spasms so Holland at SS. Robert has a sore arm, so he's DH and Decker in RF. Jeremy gets the start in LF. He actually had smoked the ball his 1st 2 ABs but nice plays on him. 

1 minute ago, HitandRun5 said:

Robert has a sore arm, so he's DH 

I hope he didn't tear something up Tuesday night, I noticed him trying to shake his arm out during his stint on the mound.

Well that MSU pitcher still in the game....123 pitches and still keeping AU batters off balance....

Robert lines to CF and AU is down in order....and to the bottom of the 7th...

So...."take me out to the ball game....take me out to the park......"

Cute. MSU batter Stovall hit on the wrist by a 90+ mph fastball running around in front of the dugout and yells the F word as loud as he can with the camera right on him.  Pure class right there.  What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas I guess.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I hope he didn't tear something up Tuesday night, I noticed him trying to shake his arm out during his stint on the mound.

Me too! Regarding the shaking/waving of arm, I heard during the broadcast that he was having a hard time with sweat/moisture on his throwing hand and he couldn't get it dry. Rosin bag didn't help and I noticed he was trying to dry it on his pant leg.  I hope the soreness is only due to it being his longest outing. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Cute. MSU batter Stovall hit on the wrist by a 90+ mph fastball running around in front of the dugout and yells the F word as loud as he can with the camera right on him.  Pure class right there.  What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas I guess.

He probably earned the right on that one.....right on his hand which was over the bat...not surprised if that broke something....

Another hit batter by Thompson...hits same guy for a second time.....not intentional but KT is struggling and that was not even close to the plate. 3 HBs tonight...Mangum twice...which probably looks suspicious to the MSU fans since Mangum is one of their leading hitters.

On the other hand....nobody digging in at the plate right now.....

Archived