NCAA Baseball Tournament

8 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Great, thanks! Living the dream with a week and half old. She keeps me busy but I'm loving it.

Congrats, man! Happy for you!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Great, thanks! Living the dream with a week and half old. She keeps me busy but I'm loving it.

Congratulations!!!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

6-3 Jags over Miss St in the 7th.

Randy Bell has 90 pitches...bullpen active for USA. I hope the Jags can hold on.

Indeed...UF leading Marist 7-6....and Marist has 11 hits tonight....top of 7th

So, just spitballing, do we pitch Mize tomorrow or take a risk and save him for Sunday? I say pitch him, but it is an interesting thing to think about. 

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

So, just spitballing, do we pitch Mize tomorrow or take a risk and save him for Sunday? I say pitch him, but it is an interesting thing to think about. 

I would pitch him and I believe Butch does too just a guess

Just now, jared52 said:

USA over MSU 6-3. USA pitcher went 131 pitches. 

Still throwing decent gas up there at the end too. State blew it early in that game. Bell was leaving everything up & they didnt take advantage.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Still throwing decent gas up there at the end too. State blew it early in that game. Bell was leaving everything up & they didnt take advantage.

He struggled some in the 7th and I thought he might be done for the night. But he worked through it and did a really solid job for USA.

59 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Pitch Mize. Put your best foot forward tomorrow and do everything you can to win game two. Then worry about Sunday/Monday. Show your team you truly mean one game at a time. Getting a win tomorrow sets us up so much better to potentially win the regional. And if we win, we're throwing Daniel against a midweek starter or a fifth guy out of the pen for some of these teams. 

So there are 8 games scheduled to start tomorrow at 6 CT and only 2 TV times slots are at those times. It's highly likely IMO we will be on the WatchESPN APP only.

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

This depends entirely on the scouting reports and our coach's thoughts on Tenn. Tech vs. FSU. If, in spite of their loss, FSU is the bully boy here and Tech shot their only solid pitcher to beat FSU, then, then save Mize. If there's little difference in the two teams, then pitch Mize. I/we don't know what our scouting reports contain. Whether to pitch Mize or save him depends on our perception of Tenn. Tech's capabilities.

We don't want to use Mize in order to beat Tech 17-0 and then not have him for a tougher foe. On the other hand, if Tech has another pitcher of roughly the same quality as the guy they used today, then we've got to counter with Mize. Tomorrow we'll see how dangerous Butch thinks Tenn. Tech is.

Quick question. I'm confused. Does the committee pair regionals together or does everything get shuffled depending on who wins? For example, if we win this regional would we already know which team we'd play or would we find out next week? 

21 minutes ago, au302 said:

Quick question. I'm confused. Does the committee pair regionals together or does everything get shuffled depending on who wins? For example, if we win this regional would we already know which team we'd play or would we find out next week? 

Winner of our bracket faces winner of Texas Tech bracket I believe

24 minutes ago, au302 said:

They are paired all the way through. Our region plays the winner of the Texas Tech Region. The winner there then plays the winner of the LSU Super Region (Which consists the LSU Regional & the USM Regional) on the first day of the CWS.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They are paired all the way through. Our region plays the winner of the Texas Tech Region. The winner there then plays the winner of the LSU Super Region (Which consists the LSU Regional & the USM Regional) on the first day of the CWS.

Awesome. Thanks for the help! 

Glad to see Mize starting. It's one game at a time. If we play pitchers as if we have something to gain beyond this next game, the entire team may take the same attitude. I hope we beat TN Tech by a boat load, but we cannot take them lightly.

Rookie question, what is going to take to win the regional if we beat TTU tomorrow?

1 hour ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Rookie question, what is going to take to win the regional if we beat TTU tomorrow?

1 more win against any team that will have to beat us twice.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 more win against any team that will have to beat us twice.

Which is why today's game is so important....and why we should not be pulling punches with our pitcher selection.  

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Which is why today's game is so important....and why we should not be pulling punches with our pitcher selection.  

That depends on your opinion of the relative strengths of the potential opponents. Obviously, Butch thinks Tech is a capable team. If he didn't he'd save Mize for the next game.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That depends on your opinion of the relative strengths of the potential opponents. Obviously, Butch thinks Tech is a capable team. If he didn't he'd save Mize for the next game.

I guess watching TT handle FSU on their home field was sufficient evidence that TT is not a team to overlook.

Archived