Bozeman singles out former Auburn defensive lineman

aubiefifty

Alabama's Bradley Bozeman singles out former Auburn defensive lineman as 1 of best he's faced

Posted on July 12, 2017 at 10:38 AM

The names elude Bradley Bozeman, but the imposing figures on the other side of the line of scrimmage still stand out to the Alabama center.

During his appearance at SEC Media Days on Wednesday in Hoover, Bozeman was asked about which defensive linemen impressed him most last season. The Tide senior was quick to think of two players who particularly caught his attention -- and one of them is from across the state in Auburn.

"There's a couple," Bozeman said. "I can't think of the names; I'm better with numbers. The Texas A&M nose tackle -- I can't think of his name, and then Auburn's nose tackle last year. He was good. They're pretty good."

Those two players were Aggies tackle Zaycoven Henderson and Tigers tackle Montravius Adams. Henderson had four total tackles against Alabama last year, including one for a 7-yard loss. Adams had four total tackles, including three solo stops, and a forced fumble during last year's Iron Bowl, which Alabama won, 30-12.

How Montravius Adams found consistency in senior season

Still, the talent of Adams -- who was selected late in the third round of this year's NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers -- left an impression on Bozeman.

Adams finished the season with 44 total tackles, with 8.5 coming for a loss. The 6-foot-4, 309-pounder had 4.5 sacks to go along with 15 hurries, both of which ranked second on Auburn's defense last season behind Carl Lawson. He earned first-team All-SEC honors from the Associated Press, second-team honors from the league's coaches and was also a second-team All-American in what was the most consistent season of his career.

Nice to read praise of AU players but I love the "I'm too good to know those peons names but I'll throw them a bone" attitude from the bammer...  

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Nice to read praise of AU players but I love the "I'm too good to know those peons names but I'll throw them a bone" attitude from the bammer...  

Yeah, like that center for Alabama a few years ago who didn't know who Carl Lawson was when Lawson went right through them in 2014 on that 4th down to get us the ball back. You would think he would remember that in your first start

Archived