You Can Thank Trump For The White Nationalist Rampage

homersapien

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think it goes without saying that something about this administration has emboldened certain groups that mostly have stayed off the radar for decades.  To not see that is to be willfully blind.  The white supremacists themselves see it and hear it in everything the President says (and doesn't say).

So Dylan Roof was emboldened by Trump in 2015?

I'd say the social and political changes that have gone on in recent yeas have ginned up the reaction from hate groups more than Trump has. Some of these folks may think Trump's statements about immigration, etc.... give them cover but it's hardly a silent approval the way many are portraying Trump's response.

The confederate flag and other confederate related issues like confederate monuments and statues have been lightning rods for these groups. Which is what I thought the origin of Charlottesville rally was about?............. No?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Folks are finding it harder to hide who they really are these days.

They don't see reason to hide it anymore.

They are now busy Making America Great Again. 

12 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Non sequitur.

12 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'd say the social and political changes that have gone on in recent yeas have ginned up the reaction from hate groups more than Trump has. Some of these folks may think Trump's statements about immigration, etc.... give them cover but it's hardly a silent approval the way many are portraying Trump's response.

The confederate flag and other confederate related issues like confederate monuments and statues have been lightning rods for these groups. Which is what I thought the origin of Charlottesville rally was about?............. No?

I simply said that something about this administration has emboldened these groups.  They feel they have cover to be more out in the open about their racism than anytime in recent memory.  You apparently see it too.  What exactly is it that your rebuttal is about?

51 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I addressed the ignorance of this Nazi in my post. I don't care what his dumb ass thinks. He is irrelevant to me and should be to anyone of intellect.

Neither he nor the other one are alone or outliers in that community.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Why give this group 1 minute of airtime? They are a few hundred in a population of 32 million. They are meaningless. A mere canary. Prosecute them, jail them and piss on the fools. 

Apparently not so "meaningless" to Trump.

I would hope the intelligent among us would ignore the ignorance from any such group. 

And the moral among us wouldn't cater to these scum for political purposes.

Furthering ignorance due to political bias does help your cause. Please think prior to letting your fingers run amok. 

So why do you suppose Trump gets so much support from Nazis and the like?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

When I generally say that it's the most favorable explanation to what I'm reading. In Golf's case, it's Sunday, he's retired and likes  beer, so maybe a safe bet. He may also have a low bar for humor, which I actually consider to be a strength.

A very low bar.    

I suppose that could be a key to bliss though.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Apparently not so "meaningless" to Trump.

Could Trump have been more specific? Sure. And maybe he will be in days ahead, but he was specific enough to draw rebuke from the groups leader David Duke. 

I disagree. David Duke himself called out the president for attacking his hate filled bigoted group.  That some other dumb ass Nazi thinks the president has his back is mere ignorance IMHO. 

Funny you should bring up David Duke.  

I hope you don't have memory issues.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And the moral among us wouldn't cater to these scum for political purposes.

I've seen no one cater to them, but rather call them out for what they are, ignorant.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So why do you suppose Trump gets so much support from Nazis and the like?

So like I stated earlier, they number in like the hundreds, so I don't particularly consider that much support. But in a word, ignorance.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

It is disturbing to see the Nazi flag flown on American soil. It's a tragedy that an American woman lost her life standing up against neo nazis IN AMERICA. 

Don't really see how that makes me the unstable one. But if it makes you right wingers feel good to insult me, carry on. I promise I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. 

I've noticed that many of our conservative friends tend to attack the poster instead of the arguments.  Of course, that's to be expected when you try to defend the indefensible.

But what I find difficult to understand is, why defend such people - even if indirectly?   

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Funny you should bring up David Duke.  

I hope you don't have memory issues.

Are you implying the president supports Duke?

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I've noticed that many of our conservative friends tend to attack the poster instead of the arguments.  Of course, that's to be expected when you try to defend the indefensible.

But what I find difficult to understand is, why defend such people - even if indirectly?   

:no:

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have no problem with the above..... but you guys blame all on Trump

"Blame all"?  That's pathetic.  It sounds like Trump himself whining.  

Aou aware of the reaction Trump received after his initial comments, from both liberals and Republicans?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-08-12/the-latest-trump-condemns-hatred-bigotry-on-many-sides

President Donald Trump is blaming "many sides" for the violent clashes between white supremacists and counter-protesters in Virginia. His remarks have brought reactions from Republicans as well as Democrats.

A Republican senator from Colorado, Cory Gardner, tweeted "Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism."

Another Republican, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, wrote: "Nothing patriotic about #Nazis,the #KKK or #WhiteSupremacists It's the direct opposite of what #America seeks to be."

Utah Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch wrote, "We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home."

Trump condemned "this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides."

37 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Care to expand on that?

19 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Could Trump have been more specific? Sure. And maybe he will be in days ahead, but he was specific enough to draw rebuke from the groups leader David Duke. 

It wasn't just a lack of specificity, which was bad enough.  When asked about condemning the white supremacists specifically, instead of taking the second chance to do so he walked out and refused to answer any more questions.  

21 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you implying the president supports Duke?

Oh no!  The president doesn't even know anything about David Duke!

"I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," Trump said. "So I don't know. I don't know — did he endorse me, or what’s going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/the-kkks-official-newspaper-has-endorsed-donald-trump-for-president/?utm_term=.cf0c02b0ed1a

What I am saying is that Duke supports Trump and Trump knows it.  And Trump also knows exactly who David Duke is and what he represents.   

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Non sequitur.

I simply said that something about this administration has emboldened these groups.  They feel they have cover to be more out in the open about their racism than anytime in recent memory.  You apparently see it too.  What exactly is it that your rebuttal is about?

This thread is based solely about blaming Trump  or holding him responsible for the violence of white nationalists. There's a difference in acknowledging his rhetoric is used by hate groups for cover and  outright blaming Trump for what these groups do like coming out to a rally that was originally about opposing the removal of a confederate statue. 

My point about Dylan Roof was that these groups aren't just feeding off of Trump's rhetoric, they don't need Trump saying something they like to come out in public and hold a rally or commit terrorism. They latch onto things like the confederate symbols to push their racists and hate filled views.

I don't have a problem with criticizing Trump for not being forceful enough in labeling it a "white nationalist" attack or terrorism. But where I draw the line is outright blaming Trump and holding him responsible for it.

The bottom line is do you agree with the OP and thread title that Trump is responsible for the rise of white nationalists and the acts of violence they commit?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

It wasn't just a lack of specificity, which was bad enough.  When asked about condemning the white supremacists specifically, instead of taking the second chance to do so he walked out and refused to answer any more questions.  

I did not know that. Not good. My hope is he gets specific in the days ahead.

21 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've seen no one cater to them, but rather call them out for what they are, ignorant.

And there's your problem.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the quote posted from "The Daily Stormer" either.  

Obviously,  they feel like Trump is catering to them. 

From the "Daily Stormer",  www.dailystormer.com

3:46 PM:

Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him.

Archived