You Can Thank Trump For The White Nationalist Rampage

homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I am not discussing platforms, I am discussing beliefs.

On the one hand, we have racists.  On the other hand, we have those who oppose racism.

You just confirmed you believe in a moral equivalency between the two.  

You don't get to redefine the question, but you are free to withdraw or defend your position.

So you're saying "Antifa, good; Nazis, bad." 

Got it!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know what the real Trump really thinks.  Just as he perhaps feared the political fallout from white nationalists and their ilk before, now the virtually universal condemnation not only for the white supremacists, but for Trump's lack of specificity from other parts of his voting bloc (such as evangelicals) perhaps makes him fear that the political fallout there would be much worse.

Oh, I think you nailed it.  Trump was - and is - more concerned with maintaining his base of supporters than he is doing the right thing.

Trump doesn't really care about white supremacy, he cares about himself.

Just now, homersapien said:

Oh, I think you nailed it.  Trump was - and is - more concerned with maintaining his base of supporters than he is doing the right thing.

Trump doesn't really care about white supremacy, he cares about himself.

I will say however, doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is better than not doing the right thing at all.

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So you're saying "Antifa, good; Nazis, bad." 

Got it!!

No you don't.    

I didn't say that at all.  You are "weasel lying"  -  deliberate misstating for rhetorical advantage.

I am saying racists bad, anti-racists good.  Or to put it even more succinctly, racism bad, anti-racism good.

You are the one trying to make a particular organization the face of anti-racism.  It reminds me of people trying to use BLM to justify their own racism.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, you could say that.

Direct Opposition: DHJq3vpXcAA0WEp?format=jpg

Edit: Should the Antifa members be considered American? You let me know so I can quickly toe your company line. Thanks 

Just a quibble, but /pol/ loves to create fake ANTIFA posters these days. 

Link

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No you don't.  

I am saying racists bad, anti-racists good.  Or to put it even more succinctly, racism bad, anti-racism good.

You are the one trying to make a particular organization the face of anti-racism.  It reminds me of people trying to use BLM to justify their own racism.

The antifa said "the white racists and their Heeb masters must be purged from the earth," but that's not morally equivalent to the Nazis! 

Give it a rest, I've called out all of your BS the past two days.

I looked a little harder. Your flyer is a /pol/ psy-op, Jeff. Don't be taken in by it. It's fake. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

The antifa said "the white racists and their Heeb masters must be purged from the earth," but that's not morally equivalent to the Nazis! 

Give it a rest, I've called out all of your BS the past two days.

Do you seriously believe being anti-racist means you advocate the genocide of white people?

Funny, that sounds exactly what a white supremacist would think.  

Must be coincidence, huh?

Speaking of BS, you can't seem to provide a direct answer to anything I post. 

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I looked a little harder. Your flyer is a /pol/ psy-op, Jeff. Don't be taken in by it. It's fake. 

As if the heading "The Evil White Race Must be Destroyed"  or  their "Heeb"masters" wasn't an obvious tip-off.  :-\

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Speaking of BS, you can't seem to provide a direct answer to anything I post. 

More hatred and lies.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Do you seriously believe being anti-racist means you advocate the genocide of white people?

I was showing the opposition just like you asked me to do

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Funny, that sounds exactly what white supremacists would think.  Coincidence?

Is it? Care to explain how you know what White Supremacists would think? 

Jeff has a tendency to say what he feels he's done then tell you he has "beat"  you and you didn't even challenge him lol

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

As if the heading "The Evil White Race Must be Destroyed"  or  their "Heeb"masters" wasn't an obvious tip-off.  :-\

I found out today that there are Christian Atheists in the world.  Not sure if anything is that obvious and can be taken at face value anymore. 

I still say they aren't actually Christians but whatever. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

More hatred and lies.

Irony.

I point out the obvious fact you won't provide straight answers to my actual questions then you proceed to post another weasel lie in response.

Kid, when you find yourself in deep hole, the first rule is to stop digging.

(Of course this assumes you would consider being perceived as aligned with white supremacists as a bad thing - a deep hole.   While I am giving you the benefit of  doubt, I am starting to wonder....)  

White supremacists portraying themselves as potential victims of an existential threat by non-whites is standard for them, as is anti-semitism.   You're supposed "antifa platform" was obviously designed to compliment those canards.  

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Jeff has a tendency to say what he feels he's done then tell you he has "beat"  you and you didn't even challenge him lol

Not sure what you're talking about but thanks for the assist, Cole!! :sad2:

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Kids nowadays!   :no:

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

More hatred and lies.

With an obviously fake poster.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jeff, anti-racist is a code for anti-white has literally been one of their slogans for years. Hell, you see it on billboards from time to time. 

Link

You are not covering yourself with glory here. It would be better for you if you just agree that they're f*ckwits and move on with your day.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I found out today that there are Christian Atheists in the world.  Not sure if anything is that obvious and can be taken at face value anymore. 

I still say they aren't actually Christians but whatever. 

By George, I think you've finally got it!  

Christian atheists : American Nazis

I just love teaching.  It's very gratifying to see the young mature before your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

With an obviously fake poster.

Jeff, anti-racist is a code for anti-white has literally been one of their slogans for years. Hell, you see it on billboards from time to time. 

Link

You are not covering yourself with glory here. It would be better for you if you just agree that they're f*ckwits and move on with your day.

Well, at least he's learning.  A little anyway.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

By George, I think you've finally got it!  

Christian atheists : American Nazis

I just love teaching.  It's very gratifying to see the young mature before your eyes.

Completely illogical. 

The existence of one has nothing to do with the other. 

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

point out the obvious fact you won't provide straight answers to my actual questions then you proceed to post another weasel lie in response.

What actual questions have I not answered for you? If anything, nobody has answered to me how Nazis can not ever be American but Confederates can. Nobody.  

Of course this assumes you would consider being perceived as aligned with white supremacists as a bad thing - a deep hole.

My argument has never defended the white supremacists, and I'm obviously not a white supremacist just from my prior post history( look at my post history regarding urban policing, human rights, and police shootings, and get back to me.) 

You and I both know that when you keep tossing these accusations out there, that you are making your own argument s***. 

Hell, I was told that I was in the sewing circle when I was defending Obama or the flag stompers.

White supremacists portraying themselves as potential victims of an existential threat by non-whites is standard for them, as is anti-semitism.   You're supposed "antifa platform" was obviously designed to compliment those canards.  

First part is irrelevant to me. Last part is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Too late, they've done their job lol

Guess better late than never for Trump ... but I'm still a believer a man's true character is revealed in moment's of challenge and controversy.  In this regards, I think his colors were on full display.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

A Neo-Nazi drove a car into a crowd killing a woman and injuring many others.  This was evident the day it happened and it was on camera.  What else did he need?!

So are you saying that you know when the car was driven into the crowd and when the driver's identity was known and when the motives of the driver were known? Do you know when the deceased family was contacted? Do you know what all groups were represented at the riot? Do you think it is wise to single out a group known to be involved and not mention any of the others.

I don't know the sequence of events so I don't know what else he needed? Do you? I just think that getting the needed information before making a statement is the wiser option. Why is that hard to understand? I don't like Trump as president, but that doesn't mean I should assume that EVERYTHING he does is stupid.

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

Guess better late than never for Trump ... but I'm still a believer a man's true character is revealed in moment's of challenge and controversy.  In this regards, I think his colors were on full display.

Can you explain which part of this quote is displaying support for white supremacy?

"We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!"

I am sure it is there, I just keep missing it!

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

So are you saying that you know when the car was driven into the crowd and when the driver's identity was known and when the motives of the driver were known? 

The car was driven into the crowd around 2ish on Saturday.  The video was all over TV.  The AP reported that the driver was in custody several hours later.  I can only assume that POTUS would have had access to the driver's identity much earlier than the AP, so therefore he would have known on Saturday before making his statement.  Considering that the driver went plowing into a crowd of counter-protesters, it's pretty safe to say the motives were clear.

10 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Do you know when the deceased family was contacted?

When the deceased family's was notified has no bearing on Trump making a statement to firmly denounce white nationalism.

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Do you know what all groups were represented at the riot? Do you think it is wise to single out a group known to be involved and not mention any of the others.

All groups?  No.  But I do know that this event was created by the White Nationalist movement and they specifically targeted Charlottesville over a freaking statue/park.  This was all over the news prior to Saturday.

As for mentioning others, I really don't see a point.  If there were just fist fights, then whatever.  That happens at protests sometimes for both sides.  However, only one side of this demonstration rammed a car into a crowd and committed murder.  Trying to rationalize this any other way is beyond disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I don't know the sequence of events so I don't know what else he needed? Do you? I just think that getting the needed information before making a statement is the wiser option. Why is that hard to understand? I don't like Trump as president, but that doesn't mean I should assume that EVERYTHING he does is stupid.

I also don't think one should assume that everything he does is stupid.  However, when the stupidity is obvious, it should be called out.  I think it's pretty easy to see that racist a-holes targeted a community.  Then, one racist a-hole decided to take it into his hands and plow a car into a crowd of counter-protesters.  Like I said, this was on video.  There's literally nothing to wait for confirmation on.

Some things are just layups for any sitting POTUS.  Denouncing this action immediately and calling it for what it is was one of those times, and Trump blew it.

Archived