You Can Thank Trump For The White Nationalist Rampage

homersapien

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Personally I think both sides of this radical expression of hate are the problem.

Now back to your local race war as directed by the power brokers of the USA. 

So, you equate the moral position of white supremacists with the people who oppose them?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Oliver: ‘F**king Idiot’ Trump Managed To Screw Up Disavowing Nazis

“Nazis are a lot like cats. If they like you, it’s probably because you’re feeding them.”

Trump had multiple chances to make a strong statement against the extremists who helped elect him to the presidency, and yet he failed to do so each time. 

“What kind of ******* idiot would not immediately distance himself from them?” Oliver asked. 

Even if Trump eventually releases a new statement that unequivocally denounces the extremists, “it’ll be too late because his first response is who he is,” said Oliver.  

“It simply doesn’t get easier than disavowing Nazis. It’s as much of a presidential gimme as pardoning a ******* turkey,” he said. “It is almost impossible to screw it up. But that’s exactly what happened.” 

Check out the segment at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-oliver-trump-nazis_us_599134aee4b090964297f4b0?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, you equate the moral position of white supremacists with the people who oppose them?

Yeah, you could say that.

Direct Opposition: DHJq3vpXcAA0WEp?format=jpg

Edit: Should the Antifa members be considered American? You let me know so I can quickly toe your company line. Thanks 

9 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Personally I think both sides of this radical expression of hate are the problem.

Now back to your local race war as directed by the power brokers of the USA. 

Lol of course! 

I'm  confused how the SAME, THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE that would say Obama is the cause for recent state of race relations, get upset and now have fits to people that say Trump is cause for events now.....how do you go from saying that to it doesn't make sense logically.

47 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, you could say that.

Direct Opposition: DHJq3vpXcAA0WEp?format=jpg

Edit: Should the Antifa members be considered American? You let me know so I can quickly toe your company line. Thanks 

We get it Jeff.  You are pro Nazi.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

We get it Jeff.  You are pro Nazi.

Keep talking dirty to me, babe.

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Yep.  The Nazis get it.  

Basically there are only two plausible reasons for Trump not getting specific in condemning the alt-right and white supremacists specifically.  

1.  He agrees or at least sympathizes with the alt-right

OR

2.  He's scared of the political consequences for calling them out.

There is no believable third option.  If I were a betting man, I'd go with #2 as the primary motive.  I could be wrong, but while I think Trump has some stupid views on race, I think this is mostly that he knows they are some of his most fervent supporters and he's scared of nuts like Bannon with their media platforms turning on him.

I agree @TitanTiger ... he knows they make a loyal part of his political base.  But IMO, that view is short-sided.  I think he has much more political upside in condemning them (and thus appealing towards the "center") than continuing to further embrace this Alt-Right faction.  I could be wrong but I don't think the majority of Americans are where he thinks they are ... 

Obviously, I don't know what Trump is thinking, but in the video footage I saw, there were two groups of protesters fighting against each other. People on both sides had sticks and helmets and shields. Were there ANY good guys in there fighting? It seems short-sighted to call out only one side in a fight with two groups of hate-filled law-breaking hoodlums.

No link, but Trump just now said what should have been said 2 days ago.  He specifically called out neo-Nazi's, KKK and white supremacists as "repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

Better late than never, but he missed a tremendous opportunity by not doing this the first time.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

No link, but Trump just now said what should have been said 2 days ago.  He specifically called out neo-Nazi's, KKK and white supremacists as "repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

Better late than never, but he missed a tremendous opportunity by not doing this the first time.

There is always the possibility that he wanted to have good information about this topic before he made a statement. It is amazing what all Trump is claimed to have meant by not saying what everyone wanted to hear.

Just now, Grumps said:

There is always the possibility that he wanted to have good information about this topic before he made a statement. It is amazing what all Trump is claimed to have meant by not saying what everyone wanted to hear.

There wasn't any additional information needed to call out white supremacy by name back on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Obviously, I don't know what Trump is thinking, but in the video footage I saw, there were two groups of protesters fighting against each other. People on both sides had sticks and helmets and shields. Were there ANY good guys in there fighting? It seems short-sighted to call out only one side in a fight with two groups of hate-filled law-breaking hoodlums.

Seriously?  Ask yourself what motivated each side.  

What was the basic message being promoted by the alt right?  What was the basic message being promoted by their opposition?

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Yeah, the swastika is so ambiguous.  :-\

What is amazing is Trump apologists.

Trump condemns ‘white supremacists,’ vows ‘justice will be delivered’ in Charlottesville attack
Published August 14, 2017
Fox News

President Trump on Monday specifically called out “white supremacists” and “neo-Nazis” in the wake of deadly weekend clashes in Charlottesville, vowing “justice will be delivered” to the perpetrators.

The president, after meeting with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray in Washington, said his Justice Department has opened a civil rights probe into the deadly car attack on Saturday.

‘We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America,” Trump said.

He added, “Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups.” 

The statement comes after Trump has faced bipartisan criticism for not speaking out specifically or forcefully enough at first against the white supremacist and other hate groups involved in clashes that left one dead on Saturday in Virginia. Two state police also died in a chopper crash.

The president on Saturday condemned violence and hatred on “many sides,” but faced swift criticism as video emerged from the scene in Charlottesville showing a car ramming into the crowd of counter-protesters. Republican lawmakers joined Democrats in saying Trump should call out white supremacists directly.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/14/trump-doj-has-opened-civil-rights-investigation-into-virginia-car-attack.html

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's called trying to walk back a major ****-up after he's been hammered with it.   I am sure the alt right will see it the same way, especially as long as Bannon is a part of his administration. 

Fortunately, we all know which statement reflected the real Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

A Neo-Nazi drove a car into a crowd killing a woman and injuring many others.  This was evident the day it happened and it was on camera.  What else did he need?!

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, thanks for being straight about confirming it.

I confirmed that the morals of the Antifa was just as bad as their counterparts on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. Since you're going to be disingenuous about it, show me the differences between the Nazi party platforms and the antifa platform that I  just shared to you?

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

A Neo-Nazi drove a car into a crowd killing a woman and injuring many others.  This was evident the day it happened and it was on camera.  What else did he need?!

This is called riding with your guy no matter what

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's called trying to walk back a major ****-up after he's been hammered with it.   I am sure the alt right will see it the same way, especially as long as Bannon is a part of his administration. 

Fortunately, we all know which statement reflected the real Trump. 

I don't know what the real Trump really thinks.  Just as he perhaps feared the political fallout from white nationalists and their ilk before, now the virtually universal condemnation not only for the white supremacists, but for Trump's lack of specificity from other parts of his voting bloc (such as evangelicals) perhaps makes him fear that the political fallout there would be much worse.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I confirmed that the morals of the Antifa was just as bad as their counterparts on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. Since you're going to be disingenuous about it, show me the differences between the Nazi party platforms and the antifa platform that I  just shared to you?

I am not discussing platforms, I am discussing basic, underlying beliefs.

On the one hand, we have racists.  On the other hand, we have those who oppose racism.

You just confirmed you believe in a moral equivalency between the two.  

You don't get to redefine the question, but you are free to withdraw or defend your position on it.

Archived