Up 20-0, here's the play chart

DyeCampAlum

23 hours ago, TigerOne said:

this

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. We ALL saw it coming, I knew when we

kicked the second field goal that Auburn would lose. Gus thought the game was won at halftime and the players were probably told as much

No killer instinct, no intensity, just coast to the finish. As Gus said I feel good where we are at with a 9 point lead.

Wow just wow

Simply demonstrates the like of experience. No real resume that documents preparedness for a HC at a top 25 program. JJ is in the same position as Mal Moore prior to hiring Saban. Just total desperation. He, like Moore, needs a home run hire to save his reputation. All the other implosions going on around him with the athletic programs will pale by comparison.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think that Auburn of all teams would know that a football game isn't over until the clock says 00:00. So it's mindblowing to me that Gus Malzahn had the audacity to think the game was won at halftime and had his players believe it too. That's a recipe for disaster. His ego needs to be brought down 100 notches, but I STILL don't think he learned his lesson.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The issue in this game, as I see it, was the plan was to be ahead by the half and sit on the lead.  Therefore, there was no adjustments to be made at half.  Same for Ole Miss.  This is why he is so inept at scoring in the 3rd qtr in his HC career. The opposing defensive coordinator adjusts and Gus has not clue what to do, as he doesn’t see how to adjust during the game.  When he does make adjustments during the 2nd half, it’s usually too late or ill advised (see LSU this year and UGA last year).

He has high paid resources, but never listens to those resources.  I would be willing to bet Chip and Kevin were in his ear during the second half, Kevin especially as his side of the ball was affected by injuries and just plain wearing out from all the 3 and outs.

Gus just knows better and that is no way to run anything, especially an operation that depends on performance.  There is no open lines of communication, the communication is only one way and that makes it frustrating for the support staff.  It’s probably already happened that the coordinators have stopped offering advise and just take what ever Gus says.

All that and I will believe Gus has quit calling plays when he does not have a headset on and his lips are not moving before every single offensive play.

On the real, what's up with Pettway? I read somewhere our blocking schemes have neutralized his are strength. Something along the lines,  now he has to find a hole with our zone blocking instead of just running full blast through a pretermined hole?

Yea KP hasnt learned to find the hole and then lower his shoulder. He wants to go in one dorection which is good, but this scheme asks the RB to find the gap rather than running to a spot. KJ is better suited for this blocking scheme, he picks his way through the line. 

Archived