ellitor

2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Also what does JAVA stand for?

It's JABA & stands for Just Auburn Being Auburn. It typically refers to Our fans seeing the AU administration doing things in a screwed up or bass ackwards way. For example, Hiring Tim Jackson as AD instead of Allen Greene would have been JABA.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




8 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's JABA & stands for Just Auburn Being Auburn. It typically refers to Our fans seeing the AU administration doing things in a screwed up or bass ackwards way. For example, Hiring Tim Jackson as AD instead of Allen Greene would have been JABA.

Thanks, E. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, this kid would be a big get but Bama is pushing hard with visits for this kid. We need to match the pace and get him on as many unofficials and in-home visits as we can. It would be a huge step in building the 2019 OL recruiting to have this kid on board. Literally start with the leader of the line!

 

 

Edited by Zeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it wouldn't be considered creepy I would go for the staff to camp in his front yard until he  commits/signs with AU.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If it wouldn't be considered creepy I would go for the staff to camp in his front yard until he  commits/signs with AU.

The NCAA would ban it if it worked. Auburn can't do spectacles in recruiting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, Zeek said:

The NCAA would ban it if it worked. Auburn can't do spectacles in recruiting.

no stretch hummer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, auskip07 said:

no stretch hummer? 

Nope, only Dodge Chargers from former players dealerships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're once again going to have to do a relationship battle with bammer and uga but it just seems like this kid has bammer written all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

We're once again going to have to do a relationship battle with bammer and uga but it just seems like this kid has bammer written all over him.

The lack of OT in this previous class should let him know that playing time is up for grabs.  That would be a big reason to come.   What true athlete looking toward the nfl wants to sit on the bench for 1 -2 seasons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

We're once again going to have to do a relationship battle with bammer and uga but it just seems like this kid has bammer written all over him.

Same thing happened with Troxell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Same thing happened with Troxell. 

I wasn't even following recruiting then. Just checked out an article on his recruiting and yeah I got to say that is impressive considering how adamant he was as a uat fan. Clay is definitely more coveted than he was so it would be harder but I'm gonna have a wait and see attitude.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, auskip07 said:

The lack of OT in this previous class should let him know that playing time is up for grabs.  That would be a big reason to come.   What true athlete looking toward the nfl wants to sit on the bench for 1 -2 seasons? 

Yeah but he's not an OT though. He can be probably but that's not his best position.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid looks confident and has good fundamentals to make his job easier.  He has either put in a ton of work to be good or someone has been working with him.  I really like the look of this kid.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from that video, if he is 6’4” he looks heavier than 295. Good hands and feet. Very good actually. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Same thing happened with Troxell. 

Lets be real with Troxell, bama never pushed for his commitment. They are pushing for Webb's. Whole different ballgame. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lets be real with Troxell, bama never pushed for his commitment. They are pushing for Webb's. Whole different ballgame. 

True, but right now we are competing better with bama both on the field and in recruiting than we are with uga.

wde

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

True, but right now we are competing better with bama both on the field and in recruiting than we are with uga.

wde

Going to have to hold off both uat and uga on this one. And Webb grew up a uat fan. Not a good recipe for AU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to have to hold off both uat and uga on this one. And Webb grew up a uat fan. Not a good recipe for AU. 

Do all of your sources dish negative info on AU only?  Jeez...if I only read your posts I would think we are bottom tier CUSA and about to shut down the football program.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Do all of your sources dish negative info on AU only?  Jeez...if I only read your posts I would think we are bottom tier CUSA and about to shut down the football program.

How is this negative? How many 5* Alabama kids who grew up uat fan's have ever signed with AU? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How is this negative? How many 5* Alabama kids who grew up uat fan's have ever signed with AU? 

If you put a gun to my head I don't think I could name off any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How is this negative? How many 5* Alabama kids who grew up uat fan's have ever signed with AU? 

Always a reason why we're not going to get a guy.  Any reasons why we will get some guys?  Anything, or is it all doom and gloom?  Don't mistake...I'm not doubting your info...but it can't be all bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If you put a gun to my head I don't think I could name off any.

Bo Jackson is the only one I can think of.  Of course, as far as I know, recruiting rankings didn't exist then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Always a reason why we're not going to get a guy.  Any reasons why we will get some guys?  Anything, or is it all doom and gloom?  Don't mistake...I'm not doubting your info...but it can't be all bad.

I'm not all Doom and Gloom. Will say that performance in the Peach Bowl and laying a egg on signing day did chap my rear end. After that huge contract. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm not all Doom and Gloom. Will say that performance in the Peach Bowl and laying a egg on signing day did chap my rear end. After that huge contract. 

I'm with you on this one.   The storyline was we were hampered in recruiting by Gus' job instability.    Then once he got the big contract and almost all of the coaches stayed, we vanished on NSD.      Gave me the cold "Tubs" shivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I'm with you on this one.   The storyline was we were hampered in recruiting by Gus' job instability.    Then once he got the big contract and almost all of the coaches stayed, we vanished on NSD.      Gave me the cold "Tubs" shivers.

I'm hoping we can chalk this year up to a combination of Georgia doing whatever it was that Georgia did and everyone trying to figure out the new 2-signing day thing, but as the numbers bear out, Auburn needs to do something big on the field to stay at the big table, otherwise we slowly fade away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now