Men vs Alabama

tgrogan21

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all games to have their worst half of the season. Feels like SEC Championship game against UGA all over again...

anytime we start tanking or losing to bama it makes me sick.........

10 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Pearl made the same mistake after beating Alabama 2 weeks ago as Malzahn made after beating Georgia in Auburn this year: they both declared afterward "We beat their ass!".

It came back to haunt Malzahn, and now it has come back to haunt Pearl..

Bullsheyt 

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

They were not praising us like crazy. 

Yes they were.  Talking about Heron and Murray, praising how we were outrebounding them even though we're so much shorter.  Playing up the disrespect angle.  I've watched the whole game.  But when they come out stomping our ass in the dirt like they have, there's nothing you can say but high praise for them.  

Just now, TigerOne said:

honestly when they put the updykes in our bracket couldn't you see this coming?

Hell uat might win the tournament now.

No one put them in our bracket.  That's how the seeding worked out based on regular season results.

I hate losing to bammer....but we won the SEC so we will move on from here. Better than anything I've seen since 1999. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one put them in our bracket.  That's how the seeding worked out based on regular season results.

ok

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Bullsheyt 

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're getting at.  One word paragraphs aren't very informative.

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Welp, not the day we wanted. On to (likely) a 3 seed in Dallas.

I would say we are a 4 to 5 seed.

Was one of those days. Couldn't buy a bucket even from the FT line where we are stellar usually. It happens. I'd rather it happen now than next week. It just sucks its against Bama

13 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I need someone to give an answer. What is going on with this announcer and his love for Alabama? 

That's Joe "Finebammer" Tessetore.  He was instrumental in getting Finebammer to BSPN.  Would you expect anything else?

man i am tired of playing bball or football with the guys we need hurt or whatever. i know it is part of life but i do not have to like........

When I left we were up 10, now down double digits. Going to be interesting to see how we Seed in the tourney 

WTH?  I've been in a meeting for the last hour and half.  WTH happened to us?  13 points in the second half?  Apparently Sexton has exploded again but we should be able to deal with that by playing our game.  This is ridiculous.   Oh well, we still won the regular season.   I see us dropping to 4th seed now.  War Eagle!!

AU has really struggled since the aTm loss. Injuries, size, and depth finally caught up to them. Nothing to diminish this season though, and possibly some things to look forward to next year. Still get to see AU in the NCAA tournament so that's a plus, but I don't know that I want to see THIS AU in that tournament.

We're the champs....see ya'll next week. lol

This team gave up in the second half. Which is kinda of mind boggling considering they were up by 10 coming out of it. Pathetic effort today. 

I get so tired of seeing AU basketball fart an.egg egg. Instead, they come  out and not only blow a ten point halftime lead, but they blow a ten point halftime lead to their biggest rival, the $&*@$ TURDS!.

That's all the time I have, I thank you for yours

It sucks we are losing to our rivals, but that shouldn’t take away from what we’ve accomplished. 25 wins without Wiley and Purifoy, plus we had to scrap our way to wins with McLemore out. I think the magic is out in the SEC, but here’s to hoping we have enough pixie dust for the big thing, the same tournament that we have not been there in 15 years!

It’s a massive cliche but the future is bright. With Maui invitational coming up, our prestige can only go up. 

When we are stewing and disappointed after this, you realize how improved we are, and I am proud of Pearl and this group of men for this.

Archived