Null



ellitor

2018 Former 4* QB Cord Sandberg Commits to Auburn!!!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mikey said:

PS: If his deal with pro baseball included they'd pay for college, then I can see trying to get this guy "for free" since he wouldn't have to use up a scholarship slot. If that's not the deal, then the coaches will know if he's worth the slot.

From what I read it was part of the deal.  I think he's going for the best fit, scholly or not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

PS: If his deal with pro baseball included they'd pay for college, then I can see trying to get this guy "for free" since he wouldn't have to use up a scholarship slot. If that's not the deal, then the coaches will know if he's worth the slot.

Auburn offered him a full ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

From what I read it was part of the deal.  I think he's going for the best fit, scholly or not.

From the OP:

Quote

"My main goal is going for the place with the best situation," Sandberg said. "With my Phillies contract that I had, I do have some money for schooling through the Phillies. So, if for some reason I decided to go a place that was a walk-on situation for maybe a year or two, the Phillies would be able to pay my tuition and books and all that stuff. I'd be able to make that work until I was on scholarship, if I felt that was the right situation."

It sounds to me like offering a full ride does offer him security that he is not guaranteed through his baseball contract. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if Tebow is related to Ryan Sandberg but it's really exciting that we got Tebow 2.0 which is Cam .75 which is still one of the top 5 QBs of all time. It's also nice that now we won't have to recruit a QB in the 2020 class and we can save that spot for more tight ends. 

I don't think Tebow and Ryan are related...but maybe we should wait for confirmation from the rest of the board.  3/4 of Cam is enough to at least compete with Nix 2.0...I'm pumped about that.

You mentioned 2020 spots...reading the tea leaves...we just picked up a 2020 LB...so I think that's where we'll focus and is a good indicator that Cord is already in the fold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it's Ryne not Ryan (Sandberg) not that it matters.  One of the all-time great Cubbies.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, autan said:

I believe it's Ryne not Ryan (Sandberg) not that it matters.  One of the all-time great Cubbies.

AHHHHH, okay, well Tebow is definitely NOT related to him then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cord Sandberg might be related to Ryne, but this is a Wade Christopher thread, so apologies to Cam Newton fans everywhere. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:
  17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if Tebow is related to Ryan Sandberg 

 

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don't think Tebow and Ryan are related...but maybe we should wait for confirmation from the rest of the board.

Guessing the relationship questions are re: Cord Sandberg.....not Tebow ?.

I looked it up the other day cuz I was curious too and Ryne & Cord are apparently not related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

 

Guessing the relationship questions are re: Cord Sandberg.....not Tebow ?.

I looked it up the other day cuz I was curious too and Ryne & Cord are apparently not related.

Yeah, you cleared that up on page 4 (thank you BTW).  We still do not have solid confirmation that Cord and Tim do not share similar DNA.  They're both awesome so it's hard to know for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Guessing the relationship questions are re: Cord Sandberg.....not Tebow ?.

I looked it up the other day cuz I was curious too and Ryne & Cord are apparently not related.

 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yeah, you cleared that up on page 4 (thank you BTW).  We still do not have solid confirmation that Cord and Tim do not share similar DNA.  They're both awesome so it's hard to know for sure.

Image result for thank you gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Class of 13? Damn... Good thing we got Montravious Atkinson to show him how to reap the AARP benefits. 

Funny! He can hang with Siposs too. Siposs is older yet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

 

Image result for thank you gif

I was trying so hard to derail sans-gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yeah, you cleared that up on page 4 (thank you BTW).  We still do not have solid confirmation that Cord and Tim do not share similar DNA.  They're both awesome so it's hard to know for sure.

 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

 

Image result for thank you gif

Though rumor has it Cord might be related to Wade Christopher, Tim Tebow AND Cam Newton....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I was trying so hard to derail sans-gif 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an attempt to clear up the DNA question here's what I came up with. In the first image Cord, Tebow and Cam appear to have almost identical DNA. Note that the two outside images are spinning in the opposite direction from the middle one. Cord and Tebow are lefties so......just a guess. The second image is from NASA in their attempt to gather an image of Wade Christopher's DNA after medical experts failed. 

dna-rna-chromosomes-double-helix-rotating-animated-gif-20.gif

nustar20171030-16.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We wanted Wilson. Could have had Wilson. Chiz didn't want to promise the starting job to Wilson, Burt did. Wilson went to Wiskey. Gus wanted to promise the starting job to Wilson FWIW. Gus did promise the starting job to Marshall and we got Marshall. 

I remember telling some of my Wisconsin friends this back then, and got absolutely blasted. The response was: Burt would never promise anyone a job, even if it was Cam Newton. Every single player has to earn their spot. (Lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The response was: Burt would never promise anyone a job, even if it was Cam Newton. Every single player has to earn their spot. (Lol)

AcrobaticSomeHare.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Haven't read thru much of this tread. What little I did are saying they don't want Cord? Wow. AU has one SEC QB in Stidham. Then the drop off is huge. Neither MW or Gatewood are ready. Sign Cord up yesterday. 

 

Not really surprising but discouraging to hear. Does the staff think Willis has a chance to contribute at some point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR said:

Not really surprising but discouraging to hear. Does the staff think Willis has a chance to contribute at some point?

He wouldn't be on scholarship if they didn't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I remember telling some of my Wisconsin friends this back then, and got absolutely blasted. The response was: Burt would never promise anyone a job, even if it was Cam Newton. Every single player has to earn their spot. (Lol)

and he never did, it is a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He wouldn't be on scholarship if they didn't...

Not neccesarily. Our staff don't pull schollies from players who came in on scholly barring behavior issues.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

and he never did, it is a lie.

You know I respect you but how do you know this? It was widely reported on AU side of things Bert promised QB1 to Wilson.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You know I respect you but how do you know this? It was widely reported on AU side of things Bert promised QB1 to Wilson.

Bert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bert?

Bielema 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You know I respect you but how do you know this? It was widely reported on AU side of things Bert promised QB1 to Wilson.

I told you all it was bs back then.  I was in business with 2 former players(one who is one of the top donors) and catered several football staff  functions.  I think BB is the biggest piece of s*** there is.  Not one person found fact in what just Auburn reporters were saying.  Paul Chryst ran the entire offense(decided on starters) and told RW that he had a chance to compete and win the job if he put in the work and won the team over. Told RW that with his skill set he would develop his pro style offense similar to his NC State offense if he did the work.  I was further told that the offensive line situation(We had 4 new starters) and the offensive scheme was what sold him on UW(the entire starting offense played in the NFL).  Basically Gus' system and coaching was a step backwards in furthering development.    Something that we all found out to be true besides a couple of Gus is God posters.  It is sad for me to say it but a few Auburn people were butt hurt to lose to UW in the recruitment and gave a crappy excuse for losing and tried to trash a young man's character.  I think most of you could narrow it down to which coaches on the staff may have said things like this, I got my guesses, if that is where they are claiming the leak from.

The work that RW put in was at a level that I have never heard of from a college football player.  He would be in Camp Randall throwing balls to nobody just to get use to the pitch of the field, etc.  All of it is well documented on how hard he worked.  Seems like an awful lot of effort for someone who was looking to be handed the job and just had to show up.  Heck, what got him the starting job in Seattle, his dedication to his job.  He has that eat, sleep and breath football mindset that you find in most great quarterbacks. 

To this day, not one person says it any differently and the vast majority of them have all hated BB from the day that they met him and don't have to play nice now.

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gr82be said:

In an attempt to clear up the DNA question here's what I came up with. In the first image Cord, Tebow and Cam appear to have almost identical DNA. Note that the two outside images are spinning in the opposite direction from the middle one. Cord and Tebow are lefties so......just a guess. The second image is from NASA in their attempt to gather an image of Wade Christopher's DNA after medical experts failed. 

dna-rna-chromosomes-double-helix-rotating-animated-gif-20.gif

nustar20171030-16.jpg

This is the best post in the last 12 days at least and I will not be told otherwise.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now