What do you want to see in week 2?

Barnacle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as the backups are in, I hope to see a 50/50 split in playcalling. 

At the 2s run the full O, let them try to score and develop. Sportsmanship is not as important as development of backups. 

12 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

At the 2s run the full O, let them try to score and develop. Sportsmanship is not as important as development of backups. 

Hear, hear. Gus says Steve Spurrier inspired him to wear the visor. 

Image result for darth vader gif

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
14 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

At the 2s run the full O, let them try to score and develop. Sportsmanship is not as important as development of backups

Hear, hear. Gus says Steve Spurrier inspired him to wear the visor. 

Image result for darth vader gif

That's right.

They're on that field to SCORE!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

ASU gets paid the same no matter what the score is. 

Get better. Every. Week. 

Exactly.

Something tells me that the ASU defenders will continue to try and stop Auburn....

True, running trick plays or fake punts, etc, would be a-holeish but there's nothing wrong with running your full Offense.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:05 PM, oracle79 said:

I'd like to see Stidham, Kam, Boobie, Cox, Slayton, Davis, Horton (and maybe Harrel), Kim, and Driscoll on the sidelines leading cheers for the fans no later than after the 1st offensive drive of the 3rd quarter if not sooner.  I'd like to see Willis throw some meaningful passes and not just run the read option or wildcat look.  I'd like the game to be in no doubt after the 1st quarter.  I'd like to see McClain, and every freshman WR catch a pass from Willis.  I'd like to see Sandberg for at least a series running the offense and not just taking a knee.

i want to see wilis play for more than a few snaps. he has talent but i want so see some plays by him that build up my confidence in his play. i am not sure we can call him a youngster anymore but that is just me. if stid goes down he is next up and that remains a worry for me. he needs all the reps he can get and the coaches should let him play a bunch.................

i hope we are in a position to have our number 2 offensive skill players in the game running the full offense in the 2nd quarter ... yes i said it ... i want willis to have heisman like stats from halfway through the 2nd quarter through half the 4th quarter.  Then let Cord have the last couple of series.  Get Tolbert a TD ...

I want stidham back at his house getting an ice bath and drinking a smoothie watching the half time show.

19 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

That's right.

They're on that field to SCORE!

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe I am way too early on this but i get a Clemson 2015 feel from this team. No, that Clemson team didn’t win it all but they finally got over that hump of “clemsoning”

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe I am way too early on this but i get a Clemson 2015 feel from this team. No, that Clemson team didn’t win it all but they finally got over that hump of “clemsoning”

That's a *great* way of saying it. Like you said, we'll see if the season bears it out, but we sure as hell didn't Clemson the other night, and we didn't #butgus it up, either. We made mistakes but we took over the last part of the game on offense *and* defense and willed our way to victory with good coaching *and* execution. 

Man. Getting so nervous for LSU already, even though I'll have myself convinced we're gonna walk on them two weeks from now...

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's a *great* way of saying it. Like you said, we'll see if the season bears it out, but we sure as hell didn't Clemson the other night, and we didn't #butgus it up, either. We made mistakes but we took over the last part of the game on offense *and* defense and willed our way to victory with good coaching *and* execution. 

Man. Getting so nervous for LSU already, even though I'll have myself convinced we're gonna walk on them two weeks from now...

Same brother . It’s going to have the special Jordan hare feel. This weekend will only give the guys even more confidence

12 minutes ago, DAG said:
17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Same brother . It’s going to have the special Jordan hare feel. This weekend will only give the guys even more confidence

Not that we can glean much from ASU nor LSU's opponent, SE Louisiana, but it will be very interesting to compare how each dispatches their respective opponent going into next week.

I've probably never looked forward to a "Sisters of the Poor" week as much as I am now.

it is probably a small matter but i hope someone teaches sal how to dance after a td catch..........lol, y'all know it is true. hell i am sixty four and can do better.................barely.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It is absolutely amazing how beating Miami has changed a lot of LSU fans’ perspective on the season. Before the season, they were calling in to our local sports radio show talking about when O was gonna be fired. Now, they are talking about going into the Bama game undefeated.  Maybe they will. I have a sneaking suspicion that our Tigers may have something to say about that.

I actually don’t mind if they score on us if it means our freshmen are out there cutting their teeth and getting good experience.  Throw them into the fire 

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is probably a small matter but i hope someone teaches sal how to dance after a td catch..........lol, y'all know it is true. hell i am sixty four and can do better.................barely.

They can't do too much so it was like he didn't know what to do, sort of like I would be on a dance floor for anything but a slow dance. Something tells me he'll get more chances. 

On 9/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, AUGunsmith said:

I always liked Bill Curry's response to the other team running up the score. He said it's not the offense's job to stop scoring, it's the defense's job to stop them from scoring. Run the offense no matter who you have in the game. The opponent will either get better or get run out if the stadium. The only time I like to slow down is the victory formation. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:
16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

They can't do too much so it was like he didn't know what to do, sort of like I would be on a dance floor for anything but a slow dance. Something tells me he'll get more chances. 

Personally I liked it.  Sorta reminded me of.....

giphy (1).gif

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I actually don’t mind if they score on us if it means our freshmen are out there cutting their teeth and getting good experience.  Throw them into the fire 

Agreed. A lot of guys on defense who don't need those reps. 

Offense and special teams are where we need to work on things IMO. 

Running your offense and running up the score are completely different things in my book!

On 9/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, DAG said:

Most are expecting the Cam Newton effect . MW would improve it in my opinion too just due to the fact the defense would have to key on both the QB and RB as threats to run the ball.

Ok I can see that. But if passing is bad I'd see them not respecting it and nullifying the running game because they don't have to respect the passing game. But maybe that's just me.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:05 PM, oracle79 said:

I'd like to see Stidham, Kam, Boobie, Cox, Slayton, Davis, Horton (and maybe Harrel), Kim, and Driscoll on the sidelines leading cheers for the fans no later than after the 1st offensive drive of the 3rd quarter if not sooner.  I'd like to see Willis throw some meaningful passes and not just run the read option or wildcat look.  I'd like the game to be in no doubt after the 1st quarter.  I'd like to see McClain, and every freshman WR catch a pass from Willis.  I'd like to see Sandberg for at least a series running the offense and not just taking a knee.

Other than Willis throwing and McClain catching, I saw pretty much everything I wanted.  This freshman class is extremely talented.

Archived