Week 2: Malzhan Presser Notes

Maverick.AU

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Great news on Stove and Hastings. May get them back very shortly....

I cringe a little bit knowing they are back so soon. Have to trust Dr. Andrews, I guess...

Just now, meh130 said:

Broussard was listed as a #2 CB behind Igbinoghene.

Does anyone know anything more on this?

Not meant to be critical of Broussard but it had to be an awakening for him to be behind a player who just switched positions. Hate he's gone. 

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I love Kam's love for Boobee. Still think those two will be a special tandem.

Excited for Stove and Hastings. Can we please have a five Wide Receiver set with Hastings, Stove, Davis, Craig-Myers, Slayton

Sad about ole Brussel sprouts but I guess he just wasn't happy with how his odds were looking. There seems to be one drop out like him every year; hate that it's at such a thin position of need.

4 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

When Gus says Player X will get involved more and more as the season goes on, I think of KJ getting hurt against bammer and having no reliable backup...

I typically would agree.  "Gus speak" can be so frustrating.

But, they did break a lot of tendencies in game 1, so there's hope.

War Eagle!

who will move into the backup position of Broussard? We have to have quality depth in all positions, especially at the DB position.  I think Chip had far more play calling than he had last season. I think Gus is trusting him more and more to run the offense. We will see how the season plays out with the play calling.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I typically would agree.  "Gus speak" can be so frustrating.

But, they did break a lot of tendencies in game 1, so there's hope.

War Eagle!

Gus also said a couple of times they would be more aggressive this year too! Maybe ol mad scientist offensive genius is sticking his head up! I hope so man, I miss that Gus! Ran a great trick play that worked and a couple that didn’t, but I like it.

Archived