Our Schedule Benefits Us

Zeek

Who would have thought that our schedule would actually put us in a position to be successful.

Now, let me preface this by stating that we have a lot of issues to work out and I’m not confident that we will.

However, with some sunshine we can look at our schedule and see the opportunity to survive and improve is there.

Southern Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and a bye week.

Here’s why we should be 7-1 heading into our bye week before playing Texas A&M.

Southern Miss - Brett Favre isn’t coming out the locker room for SMiss we should be fine here barring a meltdown of biblical proportions.

Moo State - Fitzgerald playing a real defense struggled mightily and I think it’s fair to say our D is better than Kentucky’s. I’m not saying we blow them out but I think it’s fair to say we should be favored.

Tennessee - they lost big to a bad Florida team and couldn’t tackle a toddler. If we drop this one someone should be fired and shamed in the streets.

Ole Siss - their receivers and q.b. are intimidating against our secondary but they’re truly terrible. Might be the worst defense we see all year. Including Alabama State.

if the coaches and players are capable of turning it around, they couldn’t ask for a better setup.

We have a deadline and it’s the game that should be revenge against Jimbo.

War Eagle, let’s do this.

The main reason is we are a lot more talented than all of those teams , so there is no reason to not be 7-1 against them. The unfortunate issue is we were a lot more talented than Arkansas too, who made so many incompetent mistakes. 

I believe the offense will begin to improve. We’ve seen the line start out shaky most years Gus has been here. I think they’ll round into form by Miss State. Defensive Line taking too many plays off too. If that changes, we’ll be back on track 

Just win the next game.  Get better and see where we are at the end of the season.  Injuries and bad breaks in games will make all the difference in the world for a lot of teams left on the schedule.  Should we win the next few?  Yes but we've got a lot of things to get better at to be assured of anything.  

Archived