Our Head Coach

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

And none of of those plays should be what determined if we won or lost tonight. It’s all the ineptness on offense throughout the entire game that sealed our fate and that IS ALL ON GUS.

And if we score on all of those we're not even having this conversation 🤔

Well, I for one am know that I have never had nor will I ever have any say so in such matters as our football coaches being hired or fired. I am afraid that most of us that

frequent this forum are pretty much in that boat. However, it does not sit well with me as an alum to realize that he seems not only clueless to his ineffectiveness

as a coach, but thinks he belongs in the job he has been so fortuitously given by AU. It will not get better, he is not capable of growing...and it is a shame because he could do a great deal better.

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Amen..of course. But is becoming his legacy and he is not even aware that it is happening.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

lol wut?

Exactly why I am through with this guy. I love my alma mater and the young men representing on the field . That is where it ends.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Exactly why I am through with this guy. I love my alma mater and the young men representing on the field . That is where it ends.

Same, done. This is the breaking point for me

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thought about you when I saw this. Lol

43022865-B49A-409E-8EBF-CD23B9F6CFE9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You seriously think if we score on those plays and end up winning the game, we’re all circled around the campfire singing kumbaya right now?

33 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Fire Chip Lindsey and bring in Hugh Freeze! 

As long as Gus walks up and down the sidelines mumbling into a headset and acting like a scared, tentative, new kid in school, changing the OC wont make one bit of difference. He could bring on Freeze, Saban, Spurrier, and Meyer as assistants and it wouldn’t make a difference. He’s paranoid and insecure, and does not know how to manage a team culture. Unfortunately, he’s ours for a few more years. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Same, done. This is the breaking point for me

He is a rich guy. I am sure he couldn’t care less of our support. Still, I really feel for the boys. This is why NCM dipped out 

I turned 61 this past summer. I don't know if I have enough years left to see another great Auburn team. We have five years tied to coach Malzan. When he is gone back to high school it will take one year to find a replacement another to start rebuilding and four more to have depth. Maybe I can learn to be happy to win any games at all, after all it' just a game. I feel bad for all the younger fans who didn't get to feel as though Auburn had a future under Dye or even Bowden. O well maybe next week won't be as bad as it could be and I,ll always be an Auburn fan.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He is a rich guy. I am sure he couldn’t care less of our support. Still, I really feel for the boys. This is why NCM dipped out 

That’s why I said in another thread the coaches ahead of him pay wise, and probably several behind him as well, have this team undefeated, but instead, under Gus, we’re 4-2....

40 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

You seriously think if we score on those plays and end up winning the game, we’re all circled around the campfire singing kumbaya right now?

Not all us of course. I've learned a long time ago that some folks will B&M about anything. But if we win this one we would've been looking at maybe being the 5th ranked team in the nation after squeezing out a tough win on the road.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have a great idea who our next head coach can be. We will have 5 star hearts and be champions of life!

ew.jpg

And win more games ***

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Fire his Dumbass too!  Tired of incompetence at any level anywhere.

Learn has screwed us in locking in CGM for so long instead of giving him a short leash to get him to PRODUCE to keep his job. He also handled the Pearl case absolutely the opposite of what the alma mater and current students wanted. I haven’t been a fan thus far 

If I win the lottery I’ll put up half of the buyout 😂 I think after this year it’s around 31 million correct? We need to put a call in to Tim Cook and Jimmy Rane and get this money train rolling to fix this. 

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

..is losing to 1st and 2nd year SEC head coaches and looking bad doing it. 

For $47 million.

Any chance he wants to spend his time with his family and relinquishes his contract? By the time he leaves he will have set Auburn football back 10 years.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

As long as Gus walks up and down the sidelines mumbling into a headset and acting like a scared, tentative, new kid in school, changing the OC wont make one bit of difference. He could bring on Freeze, Saban, Spurrier, and Meyer as assistants and it wouldn’t make a difference. He’s paranoid and insecure, and does not know how to manage a team culture. Unfortunately, he’s ours for a few more years. 

Yep! Exactly why i don't understand people calling for Freeze. Freeze would have to DEMAND complete control of the offense and let Gus be the CEO for us to turn around our offense. Gus hired a slight upgrade from Rhet. In order for things to work at Auburn for Gus he's going to have to hire an OC that's not his FRIENDS and someone who would tell him to get the hell away from the offense and let them coach and develop the offense. That's not likely going to happen unless Gus is forced to do so. He'd probably replace Chip with someone like Kodi. SMH.

Archived