Enough Negativity (merged threads)

tbone4jc

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Everyone is aware that there are things that need to be fixed. Everyone knows the offense is struggling. EVERYONE KNOWS.

Gus has made some critical mistakes as the head coach. Some of us would just prefer not to have that be the only topic. It just consumes the forum. 

Then what would the forums be? I agree about the fire Gus crowd. But taking that aside, as far as what everyone knows, what else would we talk about on a football forum, other than the way the team plays and stats? 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This right here.

Gus doesn't make the most of what he has. That's the primary problem this team is facing and that's what needs to change before y'all talk about other stuff. 

Exactly. Imagine someone in any other field getting payed what Gus Malzahn gets paid and mismanaging resources the way that this man does.

14 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

And just how did that reputation get started? Mostly from message board talk which may or may not have merit? What person...who is in a position to know....actually said that about Gus?  I am not on either side of that issue. I just want rumor separated from fact.

I think you put entirely too much stock into the weight that message boards carry. They aren’t setting the paradigm for Auburn football- they simply react to it. 

And I said that about Gus. 

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Then what would the forums be? I agree about the fire Gus crowd. But taking that aside, as far as what everyone knows, what else would we talk about on a football forum, other than the way the team plays and stats? 

It was the fire Gus thing and the hate for certain players on repeat cycle that I was addressing......

It's hard to scroll on by  a thread you're not interested in when it's on every thread. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I have no problem with that. But I won't post it in every thread for years and years. 

You nailed it ma'am!  When a rabid fan base sees the same deficiencies for years and years, the negative threads will follow suit.  There's only one man that can change this narrative, and his ability to do so is still up for debate 6 (SIX) years later.

46 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Town of North Port, 30 miles S of Sarasota.  The new Spring Training home of the Atlanta Braves 😁.

Of course when we get to a point where I can, we're planning to move to Knoxville, TN to be close to family.  My wife's originally from there and my parents are in Ft Payne, AL so they'll only be 2-1/2 hours away too, as opposed to a 1/2 day trip now..

I liked the Cowboys WAY back in the days of Tom Landry but Jerry & Jimmy ruined them for me.  Course for the last 20+ years the NFL bores me anyway...  

Best friend built a cedar cabin(interior) in Ft. Payne about 12 yrs ago........enjoyed a many of fresh air hikes.......cross the street and hike down to the creek........Little Rock or Little River.......name escapes me.........nice friendly town.

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

I think you put entirely too much stock into the weight that message boards carry. They aren’t setting the paradigm for Auburn football- they simply react to it. 

And I said that about Gus. 

I think you don't realize that sports "writers" read here and repeat almost verbatim what has been posted. You'd be surprised at who all reads message boards besides sports hacks. 

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

You nailed it ma'am!  When a rabid fan base sees the same deficiencies for years and years, the negative threads will follow suit.  There's only one man that can change this narrative, and his ability to do so is still up for debate 6 (SIX) years later.

Bravo bravo

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think you don't realize that sports "writers" read here and repeat almost verbatim what has been posted. You'd be surprised at who all reads message boards besides sports hacks. 

579C877E-8252-4BA6-BDDF-3CFD66A297CE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

876DD8D7-30F9-4B7C-A35A-F75CDFC99627.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No one is suggesting that. You're just unable to gain any perspective right now  But thread after thread after thread all saying the same things over and over and over....it has become toxic. And the lazy sports hacks come here and read, then they publish it as if they came up with it from their own research. I doubt that has a favorable effect on anything except their paycheck.

Everyone is aware that there are things that need to be fixed. Everyone knows the offense is struggling. EVERYONE KNOWS. It's not that anyone needs to be told anymore....it's that all of you Gus haters have to keep reminding other posters how you told us so.....10 million times......even though EVERYONE KNOWS Gus has made some critical mistakes as the head coach. Some of us would just prefer not to have that be the only topic. It just consumes the forum. The Gus hate does not need to fill every single thread all season long. EVERYONE KNOWS how all of you feel by now. Trust me on this.  I think maybe some of you haters just need to shut up about it for a while. 

57DC0317-8075-49A5-AF75-CF9BACD95D02.jpeg

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

A879FF22-A06A-45E8-B6C4-50E9BC17D65B.jpeg

Please quote my post where I said I believe everything is fine. Since you won't be able to do that.....just scroll on by my posts since your reading comprehension is no good. 

Yall all know that Gus is a member of this forum.

His call sign is FartSniffer, but he never uses it to comment cause he knows if he comments we will all figure out who he is immediately. So therefore he only signs in to read the comments all of us make about him on this forum.

It hurts his feelings bigtime when he reads that we think he should be doing a better job and winning more games for the $49M we are paying him.

Shame on us! We should all just accept mediocrity from Gus and our team and not say anything negative to hurt Gus' feelings.:grouphug:

12 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Best friend built a cedar cabin(interior) in Ft. Payne about 12 yrs ago........enjoyed a many of fresh air hikes.......cross the street and hike down to the creek........Little Rock or Little River.......name escapes me.........nice friendly town.

Love the area.  Little River Canyon... beautiful place.  My dad used to ride his motorcycle around it.  Also it's the home of DeSoto State Park where we used to camp a lot when I was growing up.

We'd move there except I actually prefer Knoxville since my wife has SO much family there we can get our girls close to their cousins and we'll have help as I'm afraid I'll be in this state for awhile.  Also I love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge 😁

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Please quote my post where I said I believe everything is fine. Since you won't be able to do that.....just scroll on by my posts since your reading comprehension is no good. 

Lol ok. I think you need to calm down and go drink some more Gus-ade.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yall all know that Gus is a member of this forum.

His call sign is FartSniffer, but he never uses it to comment cause he knows if he comments we will all figure out who he is immediately. So therefore he only signs in to read the comments all of us make about him on this forum.

It hurts his feelings bigtime when he reads that we think he should be doing a better job and winning more games for the $49M we are paying him.

Shame on us! We should all just accept mediocrity from Gus and our team and not say anything negative to hurt Gus' feelings.:grouphug:

That’s ridiculous...we all know his name on here is Mikey and hiw wife on here is Tigerbelle...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Love the area.  Little River Canyon... beautiful place.  My dad used to ride his motorcycle around it.  Also it's the home of DeSoto State Park where we used to camp a lot when I was growing up.

We'd move there except I actually prefer Knoxville since my wife has SO much family there we can get our girls close to their cousins and we'll have help as I'm afraid I'll be in this state for awhile.  Also I love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge 😁

I love Little River Canyon. So beautiful there.  

Let's tone down the personal attacks on the boards please. Even those in jest may not go over well. We're all Auburn family here. (Well, most of us.. lol)

31 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It was the fire Gus thing and the hate for certain players on repeat cycle that I was addressing......

It's hard to scroll on by  a thread you're not interested in when it's on every thread. 

Then we are in agreement. The fire Gus group needs to slow their roll

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yep. We're saddled with that albatross around our necks for the next couple years.

You've got to be able to compartmentalize it. Frustrated about the offense and frustrated about some of the play-calling. Even a little frustrated with a few defensive miscues, but life is good. Football team will figure it out. It's mostly execution, I believe. Gotta make yourself be happy about other things..... like basketball???

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Thing is very very very few people on here are asking for him to be fired immediately.  Most everyone realizes we’re stuck with him for a while. Doesn’t mean we can’t express frustration. I know I personally have stated in numerous places I understand we are stuck with him. I even started a thread stating it. Just tiresome to see the “everyone is so negative and wants to fire everybody “ crap. You’ll be hard pressed to find any actual long time posters who are calling for an immediate firing.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

You've got to be able to compartmentalize it. Frustrated about the offense and frustrated about some of the play-calling. Even a little frustrated with a few defensive miscues, but life is good. Football team will figure it out. It's mostly execution, I believe. Gotta make yourself be happy about other things..... like basketball???

Softball in my case. ;)

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

here is a laugh for ya 72. little river canyon is the first time and place i partook of the devils lettuce............and i am pretty sure it was 71 or 72..............lol

Archived