Enough Negativity (merged threads)

tbone4jc

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'll take a stab at this one.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/17/17867296/college-football-week-3-reaction-auburn

Auburn (lost to LSU, 22-21)

After a game that saw several key calls break against Auburn, fans maintained an even-handed attitude toward the refs.

This guy is in no mood:

The refs in that game should tender their resignations

But at least there’s a plan of action in place:

Let’s call the office Monday and let them know!!!

Except, that won’t work, because Alabama fans control the phones at SEC HQ:

You know those calls are screened by uat employees don’t you?

And you have to wonder how deep Bama’s influence goes.

When LSU plays bammer, you can bet the farm land from California to Maine that he will be called left and right for pass interference. I will be waiting for that game in that my point will be proved a 1000 times over.

There was agreement on that point:

the crew will receive their bonus from tuscaloosa. In tens and twenties

It’s difficult to overstate Auburn fans’ grievance at how the officials treated their team on Saturday afternoon.

This is an excerpt from a 247Sports message board post that makes fair points about the SEC, with all its money, relying on part-time refs. But this is the fun part:

Why is every Auburn-LSU game marred by biased officiating?

It seems the most prevalent characteristic of this series is that officiating contributes more to the outcome than in any other rivalry.

Who can forget the “Phantom Spot”, the uncalled blocks in the back, and now the extremely cheap PI that allowed them to win this game that, in contrast, paled in comparison to the one against LSU earlier in game that the official not only didn’t call, but shook his head at the Auburn receiver who asked for a flag. The officiating is ruining college football for me.

That game was stolen from Auburn

Worst officiated game i have ever witnessed. Holding penalties on offense, PI penalties on defense. No call PI when we are on offense.

frick LSU and those fake arse refs. Spotting balls a yard short the whole time for us and a yard further for them. Gifting a win to those corndog smelling, ***** gold shirt wearing, inbred gator shooting coonass mother frickers.

I hope their tires wear out unevenly so their steering always pulls to the left

Another message board poster, ugahater, weighed in:

Officials were bullsqueeze

I’ll give lsu the nod, but those last two PI calls were scripted garbage. Why? I dunno. But, they were scripted garbage. This game was stolen from Auburn. Fact.

Both teams had nine penalties. Auburn’s cost 20 more yards. Also, LSU got penalized for very briefly pretending to be Cam Newton, or something.

DnKU4f-UwAAdQol?format=jpg&name=small

Devin White doing the Cam Newton Superman celebration against Auburn 👀

An unquestionable Bayou conspiracy.

The only person in Auburn fans’ crosshairs as much as the refs was the head coach. There’s a large camp that says Gus Malzahn should go ...

... and this poster doesn’t even think he’s worth a discounted Xbox game:

Worst $49 coach and y’all don’t care.

He’s straight garbage.

... but there’s a lot of question about who should replace Malzahn.

And this is where we are now:

Bring me Hugh or Art.

IDGAF.

Hindsight’s 20/20, but:

We should’ve gotten Kirby

He’s a winner and will have UGA at the top. Gus is an 8 or 9 win coach at best.

There was dissent about whether the Tigers should even want Kirby Smart, head of 2018’s No. 1 recruiting class and very nearly 2017’s national champion:

Good grief.

Can’t stand him. Phony and a cheater.

WDE

Yeah, definitely not:

No please. Something about that goofy d-bag that annoys the crap out of me.

As with any school anywhere, Auburn’s problems all go back to one powerful entity.

ESPN & Auburn

Whenever ESPN hypes us up, we fall on our face. We (our coach) can’t handle the pressure it seems. This is the difference between us and our 2 biggest rivals who can handle the expectations and cash in with elite recruiting after being hyped over and over and over on ESPN. It’s a positive feedback loop and if we can’t turn this around, we will continue to fall further behind them.

It is what it is.

WDE

And you know who sets game times?

If it had been a night game ...

Auburn wins.

Those posts were flea'ed from this board.... 

So we’re talking about sbnation, which is little more than a college football BLOG, who has an “article” that is literally devoted to finding angry message board fans after a loss? That’s what we’re referring to now? Hahaha 👌🏼 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

well you can spanke me ya just have to. i am a lazy typist.

I figured it was the Devil's Lettuce😆

8 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'll take a stab at this one.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/17/17867296/college-football-week-3-reaction-auburn

Auburn (lost to LSU, 22-21)

After a game that saw several key calls break against Auburn, fans maintained an even-handed attitude toward the refs.

This guy is in no mood:

The refs in that game should tender their resignations

But at least there’s a plan of action in place:

Let’s call the office Monday and let them know!!!

Except, that won’t work, because Alabama fans control the phones at SEC HQ:

You know those calls are screened by uat employees don’t you?

And you have to wonder how deep Bama’s influence goes.

When LSU plays bammer, you can bet the farm land from California to Maine that he will be called left and right for pass interference. I will be waiting for that game in that my point will be proved a 1000 times over.

There was agreement on that point:

the crew will receive their bonus from tuscaloosa. In tens and twenties

It’s difficult to overstate Auburn fans’ grievance at how the officials treated their team on Saturday afternoon.

This is an excerpt from a 247Sports message board post that makes fair points about the SEC, with all its money, relying on part-time refs. But this is the fun part:

Why is every Auburn-LSU game marred by biased officiating?

It seems the most prevalent characteristic of this series is that officiating contributes more to the outcome than in any other rivalry.

Who can forget the “Phantom Spot”, the uncalled blocks in the back, and now the extremely cheap PI that allowed them to win this game that, in contrast, paled in comparison to the one against LSU earlier in game that the official not only didn’t call, but shook his head at the Auburn receiver who asked for a flag. The officiating is ruining college football for me.

That game was stolen from Auburn

Worst officiated game i have ever witnessed. Holding penalties on offense, PI penalties on defense. No call PI when we are on offense.

frick LSU and those fake arse refs. Spotting balls a yard short the whole time for us and a yard further for them. Gifting a win to those corndog smelling, ***** gold shirt wearing, inbred gator shooting coonass mother frickers.

I hope their tires wear out unevenly so their steering always pulls to the left

Another message board poster, ugahater, weighed in:

Officials were bullsqueeze

I’ll give lsu the nod, but those last two PI calls were scripted garbage. Why? I dunno. But, they were scripted garbage. This game was stolen from Auburn. Fact.

Both teams had nine penalties. Auburn’s cost 20 more yards. Also, LSU got penalized for very briefly pretending to be Cam Newton, or something.

DnKU4f-UwAAdQol?format=jpg&name=small

Devin White doing the Cam Newton Superman celebration against Auburn 👀

An unquestionable Bayou conspiracy.

The only person in Auburn fans’ crosshairs as much as the refs was the head coach. There’s a large camp that says Gus Malzahn should go ...

... and this poster doesn’t even think he’s worth a discounted Xbox game:

Worst $49 coach and y’all don’t care.

He’s straight garbage.

... but there’s a lot of question about who should replace Malzahn.

And this is where we are now:

Bring me Hugh or Art.

IDGAF.

Hindsight’s 20/20, but:

We should’ve gotten Kirby

He’s a winner and will have UGA at the top. Gus is an 8 or 9 win coach at best.

There was dissent about whether the Tigers should even want Kirby Smart, head of 2018’s No. 1 recruiting class and very nearly 2017’s national champion:

Good grief.

Can’t stand him. Phony and a cheater.

WDE

Yeah, definitely not:

No please. Something about that goofy d-bag that annoys the crap out of me.

As with any school anywhere, Auburn’s problems all go back to one powerful entity.

ESPN & Auburn

Whenever ESPN hypes us up, we fall on our face. We (our coach) can’t handle the pressure it seems. This is the difference between us and our 2 biggest rivals who can handle the expectations and cash in with elite recruiting after being hyped over and over and over on ESPN. It’s a positive feedback loop and if we can’t turn this around, we will continue to fall further behind them.

It is what it is.

WDE

And you know who sets game times?

If it had been a night game ...

Auburn wins.

Those posts were flea'ed from this board.... 

Titan leading tbe mob again, eh?

5 hours ago, chimes said:

So we’re talking about sbnation, which is little more than a college football BLOG, who has an “article” that is literally devoted to finding angry message board fans after a loss? That’s what we’re referring to now? Hahaha 👌🏼 

Beat me to it, chimes. I would hardly call this a “news article”.  Also, Tigerbelle said she has personally seen things taken directly from this board and posted in multiple news articles. I’m still curious what multiple news articles she’s referring to.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Beat me to it, chimes. I would hardly call this a “news article”.  Also, Tigerbelle said she has personally seen things taken directly from this board and posted in multiple news articles. I’m still curious what multiple news articles she’s referring to.

I’ve often speculated that our beat reporters feed off of this site. That’s good business. They can learn what the Auburn fans want to know. I know I’ve asked why Jason Smith was not playing at all just to read an article about him tbe next day. Coincidence? Possibly, but who knows..

23 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Why is everything so negative? This "fire this coach" thing is just ridiculous. Every fricking year , even when we lost the ship, thats all its been. Now its an avalanche of negativity.  For whatever the reason, the offense hasn't gelled. The play calls are on the OC. We could/should have beaten LSU & Miss St. handily but for too many missed opportunities. The o line is in a bad way due to the previous coaching and that is on CGM! He made the change. 

So many were complaining that CGM needed to let the OC make the calls, right? Now that the OC is making the calls, and he is, ya'll complaining about it.

For some of ya'll it doesnt matter what CGM does, says or who he hires he will never be good enough and then the ones on the fence migrate over with the negative side and now all I read is negative. 

I am not happy with the loses this season,. I've watched every minute of every game. You gotta have creases for a rb to run through and you gotta have time to pass,  neither of those are happening thus you have a scared qb and sub par running attack. 

IMO, many are jealous of UAT, they are a dynasty and Coach Satan has them on top. Thay pick and choose from the best of the best. Most everyone else gets the rest. They have the hogs up front, 5 stars across the board and a good coaching. When they graduate players or players leave early, they have replacements that are just as good or better. That qb was great before he stepped foot on campus, easy pickins.

We are not them, we have 3 and 4 star players and a couple 5 stars. When we graduate or loose players early, it hurts us especially the oline.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum, even with the few negative nancy's but now its way too much. I mostly come here to check on recruting. Never on game day, after a close game or a loss. 

I dont care if the respones to this are negative, call me a sunshine pumper or an optomist, I had to get this off my chest.

So much wrong with this. I'll just highlight some of the wrong parts. No comment other than that is needed from me on those. 

As far as graduating players and "hurts" on the OL. Well that is on the staff. Nood need to have this bad of a OL. That is on the O staff and is on JG Grimes. His first time here has crippled the OL. I've tried to tell everyone here this since he was re-hired. 

So now we are at a place in Gus's 6th year where we have huge concerns about losing a game to a very bad UT team at home. Wow.  

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So much wrong with this. I'll just highlight some of the wrong parts. No comment other than that is needed from me on those. 

As far as graduating players and "hurts" on the OL. Well that is on the staff. Nood need to have this bad of a OL. That is on the O staff and is on JG Grimes. His first time here has crippled the OL. I've tried to tell everyone here this since he was re-hired. 

So now we are at a place in Gus's 6th year where we have huge concerns about losing a game to a very bad UT team at home. Wow.  

Okay viper LOL. J/k 

BTW, where is that guy? He was hilarious.

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve often speculated that our beat reporters feed off of this site. That’s good business. They can learn what the Auburn fans want to know. I know I’ve asked why Jason Smith was not playing at all just to read an article about him tbe next day. Coincidence? Possibly, but who knows..

Oh, the beat reporters have been doing this for years.  Even back in the Chizik days when everything was coming unraveled at he seams, they pulled from the "mood" on this board.  It's quite comical at times and very obvious when they start random threads or post in threads with an agenda to drive the conversation into a certain area.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Over the last couple years we have had so many transfers to fill o-line depth chart and start.  Gholson, James, Dunn, Bell.   Tega d-line recruit.  Tells the tale of Grimes and his abilities

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It's not a coincidence. Sports hacks don't work hard now that everything is online. They just read forums and twitter and facebook.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mike4AU said:

No offers of a scholarship can be offered until Gus approves them.  Our current Offensive linemen are not Herb’s players...they are Gus’ players.  Besides if Herb is all that bad, why did Gus hire him?  It is a complete and unsuccessful attempt to try to deflect our woes on anyone other than Gus.  

It's called nepotism.

On 10/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not doing this on purpose, but refresh my memory... Are you blaming Hand, Grimes or Gus by proxy through Grimes? Confused .  .. That highlighted part seemed like you were flip flopping. Or maybe clarifying.

Wde

On 10/11/2018 at 9:48 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Since Gus is here for a few more years, booting Grimes and making a splash hire (I remember Tulane's OL coach as a suggestion?) is THE VERY first order of business November 25.

(Unfortunately, again, what incentive does Gus have to make those changes? He can just sit on his butt and do nothing, and he's STILL guaranteed a buyout.)

3 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I just assumed this place had an Ignore feature, but from all the griping about what people post it seems there's not?

There is. They honestly can’t help themselves because they know the truth. Just don’t want to see it. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is. They honestly can’t help themselves because they know the truth. Just don’t want to see it. 

So sad to see grown men cry like children instead of taking some personal responsibility for their own emotional well being. 

Thanks Gus.

Well golly gee guys, we can't be acting like this! We're an Auburn family! Only mean, bad programs like Bammer care about winning! It doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as we support our team and have class and character!

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Well golly gee guys, we can't be acting like this! We're an Auburn family! Only mean, bad programs like Bammer care about winning! It doesn't matter if we win or lose as long as we support our team and have class and character!

I never knew "class and character" was so expensive!  :dunno:

Archived