Gus on CBS

weathergeakal

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Excellent call, thinking outside the box!

Cheddar Bay biscuits.... Nice!

Growing up in GA we had a fast food chicken joint called Mrs. Winners.  Not sure if they still exist but they had an excellent country fried steak biscuit.  Also, when I travel to our Division HQ in Belmont, NC, that's the only Bojangles I've ever been to and they're quite good.

The best biscuits, however, are usually those southern, local, hole in the wall joints that only do breakfast.  Unfortunately, the SW Fla Gulf Coast is not really "the South".  Good seafood though LOL!

Birmingham had at least one Mrs Winners. Not sure if it is still there but it was on Hwy 280.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the bye week and first chance many players may get a chance to go home and see there families all season. Coaches were working and recruiting. Besides a little tv time and exposure for a 15 min analysis bit is not gonna make a break the game this week. 

This is absolutely silly, I watched the Hewitt Trussville / Thompson game the other night, and it was basically a commercial for UAT. Auburn needs more exposure; it will help us recruit, and recruiting will help us win. Having our couch on national television in an "expert" or just positive role is good for Auburn, regardless of how the fan base is feeling about him right now.

22 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

This is the bye week and first chance many players may get a chance to go home and see there families all season. Coaches were working and recruiting. Besides a little tv time and exposure for a 15 min analysis bit is not gonna make a break the game this week. 

Its not gonna help anything either

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

Having our couch on national television

Freudian slip perhaps?

On 10/27/2018 at 8:31 PM, passthebiscuits said:

As I've mentioned in passing before, I don't eat biscuits on the regular.

Passthebiscuits is a reference to breakfast study sessions while I was in medical school and a parody of the "ptb" moniker for "powers-that-be" that often frequents discussion regarding Auburn sports. 

If I had to eat a biscuit, it would be from Red Lobster or Jim and Nicks. 

Next time you are in Asheville NC or Greenville SC, go to Cathead. It will change your entire outlook on how often you should eat a biscuit. 

9 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t see a big deal with him doing this...why all the hate?

It’s what we do

On 10/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, doc4aday said:

hey biscuit...who makes the best biscuits?  I love Popeye Chicken's biscuits. Also, Bojangles has good biscuits. Cracker Barrel has decent ones as well. My great aunt, God rest her soul, made some cat head bisccuits to die for!

Other than home made, if you ever go through Mobile, give Dick Russell's BBQ a shot if you can find a parking place.  Best restaurant biscuits I've eaten.

On 10/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, L I G E R said:

I hate him so much it’s unhealthy.

If you hate another person because his teams haven't won as many games as you'd like them to win, you are in serious need of a shrink.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

If you hate another person because his teams haven't won as many games as you'd like them to win, you are in serious need of a shrink.

Dude. Really? I’m fairly certain he’s being facetious...chill the heck out mikey.,.you are high strung my man.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:31 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Jim and Nicks. 

Correct answer. As always...

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Two comments on this................

First, damn that had to be uncomfortable for Gus with Houston on the set with him.

Second, Gus you make over 25k a day. Go buy a damn suit that fits properly.  

talk to this guy, best dressed dude in sports, Jay Wright

jw.jpg

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

talk to this guy, best dressed dude in sports, Jay Wright

jw.jpg

The suit does not even need to be straight up pimp. Just needs to fit. Don't think that is asking too much. Gus has the cash to not buy suits at Men's Warehouse. 

I think there were a few shots at Gus during his brief segments. Gus was probably thinking "I hate you, Nutt." the whole time. lol

On 10/27/2018 at 5:20 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus said like 24 words 

Yes, I was wondering what he got paid to say a couple dozen words.

As they said on Mary Poppins, he seemed “out of sorts” to me.

26 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I think there were a few shots at Gus during his brief segments. Gus was probably thinking "I hate you, Nutt." the whole time. lol

I missed the whole thing. What kind of shots??

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, I was wondering what he got paid to say a couple dozen words.

As they said on Mary Poppins, he seemed “out of sorts” to me.

I don't think he's very comfortable on television, especially on shows like that.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I missed the whole thing. What kind of shots??

I wish I could remember them specifically, but it was subtle like "You have to be able to run the football to be successful, right Coach?!" - with body language that made no doubt about what he was really saying. And of course, Gus not even looking at him afterwards, just nodding and saying something like "Yep, you need to be able to run the ball."

15 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

CBS?

Cathead Biscuits Show?

Cathead biscuits are called this because the biscuit is bigger than a cat's head!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Cathead biscuits are called this because the biscuit is bigger than a cat's head!

Thank you for answering the unasked question I had. lol

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Two comments on this................

First, damn that had to be uncomfortable for Gus with Houston on the set with him.

Second, Gus you make over 25k a day. Go buy a damn suit that fits properly.  

Gus has put on a few lbs........should try the steamed hashbrowns.

5 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I don't think he's very comfortable on television, especially on shows like that.

I wish I could remember them specifically, but it was subtle like "You have to be able to run the football to be successful, right Coach?!" - with body language that made no doubt about what he was really saying. And of course, Gus not even looking at him afterwards, just nodding and saying something like "Yep, you need to be able to run the ball."

LOLLL I need to see if I can find clips of this

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Gus has put on a few lbs........should try the steamed hashbrowns.

He needs to start Jenny Craig so that they can pay him his buyout if he agrees to to a poster-child commercial for them!  lol

Archived