Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

I have been reading a lot about Malzahn bringing Hugh Freeze in next year as OC, but I am just wondering if the SEC will even allow that since they would not allow Saban to bring him to Alabama. Just looking for thoughts since this has been brought up by so many.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, api1957 said:

Better question: Will Auburn allow Freeze to Auburn? 

No.

Hopefully AD Greene can change this. The HC should be able to bring any OC in if they don’t have a pending case or some sort of NCAA obligatory sentence.

Yet another question, is this something Gus is actually considering or just a message board rumor/wish? 

Just now, DAG said:

Hopefully AD Greene can change this. The HC should be able to bring any OC in if they don’t have a pending case or some sort of NCAA obligatory sentence.

Hopefully. But it really is a Gus problem. He doesn't want anyone he can trust. He wants someone he can control. That's his big failing. Gus doesn't want to win every game. Gus wants to be the one who wins every game. But to the point of the thread, I have a hard time seeing Freeze being at Auburn with his transgressions just 2 years removed from our softball coach sleeping with players. May be a real hard sell.

Why would we want him?  Bringing him in would be a horrible decision and not one thing would change.   People need to realize that changing the OC in this program isn't going to change anything.  Until Malzahn is gone, this offense is going to look just like what we have seen the last 3 years regardless of who the OC is.  I hope the SEC says no and I hope Auburn is smart enough to say NO and stay away from that.  I don't want Freeze anywhere near Auburn.

2 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Hopefully. But it really is a Gus problem. He doesn't want anyone he can trust. He wants someone he can control. That's his big failing. Gus doesn't want to win every game. Gus wants to be the one who wins every game. But to the point of the thread, I have a hard time seeing Freeze being at Auburn with his transgressions just 2 years removed from our softball coach sleeping with players. May be a real hard sell.

I want KB but I can honestly see him calling up someone like Josh Floyd too. No joke.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Why would we want him?  Bringing him in would be a horrible decision and not one thing would change.   People need to realize that changing the OC in this program isn't going to change anything.  Until Malzahn is gone, this offense is going to look just like what we have seen the last 3 years regardless of who the OC is.  I hope the SEC says no and I hope Auburn is smart enough to say NO and stay away from that.  I don't want Freeze anywhere near Auburn.

We all realize this but the issue is he might not be gone so what is the alternative? Keep the same people intact?

Unless Hugh can bring about 3 stud olinemen with him , he's of no help. If he did we'd probably be in the mess ole miss is now minus the ho's.  I don't see it. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We all realize this but the issue is he might not be gone so what is the alternative? Keep the same people intact?

Yep.  Changing the OC won't matter, so unless Malzhan is shown the door, we might as well stick with what we have.  This is just my opinion of course.

Personally I am not a big fan of HF coming to AU, but I have been reading a lot of comments lately. Guess we may find out at a later date. Would prefer KB, but would like to be assured that he did not know what was going on at Baylor.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm going to run out of reactions today. So you got a like from me this way.

This. So much this. 

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Yep.  Changing the OC won't matter, so unless Malzhan is shown the door, we might as well stick with what we have.  This is just my opinion of course.

Lol no. I respectively disagree.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I want KB but I can honestly see him calling up someone like Josh Floyd too. No joke.

I think KB will be our next OC, Kodi Burns that is.

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yet another question, is this something Gus is actually considering or just a message board rumor/wish? 

Well most insiders have said that KB was suppose to be here instead of Chip, but of course the brass put a stop to that. If I am Gus, I am getting who I want. Seriously, you are getting paid this huge contract , people want you fired, might as well go out your way

the original question was would the SEC allowed Hugh freeze to come to Auburn?  I have a feeling that if Auburn wants him the SEC won't stop it. 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

the original question was would the SEC allowed Hugh freeze to come to Auburn?  I have a feeling that if Auburn wants him the SEC won't stop it. 

The SEC wouldn’t let Bama hire his as an consultant last year.  What do you think has changed in the last year?

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Haha wow. Co-OC with Gus. Total Auburn move.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The SEC wouldn’t let Bama hire his as an consultant last year.  What do you think has changed in the last year?

a year off? I doubt he's banned for life

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

a year off? I doubt he's banned for life

I wouldn’t think so either, but going from not being hired as a consultant to being an OC in a year is a huge leap.  I know a lot of people here want him to be hired, but the way I see it, it’s not time.

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Well, that'll certainly speed up the get-rid-of-Gus process at least.

54 minutes ago, DAG said:
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Haha wow. Co-OC with Gus. Total Auburn move.

I've actually suggested this would happen a few weeks ago.

And I'm serious.

Archived