Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus still being the Head Coach next year is worse than Gus and Chip for me personally.

Gus gets blown out in Athens and in ttown then all bets are off. He is still on a very very hot seat. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Like others have pointed out, it's more of a matter if Auburn will let Freeze come to Auburn. But even if it's a yes on Auburn's end, and even if Freeze wants to come work here (especially given that his daughter goes to school here), would he want to knowing how controlling Gus is?

It still could be better in his eyes than being relegated to Canada for the time being.

2 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Like others have pointed out, it's more of a matter if Auburn will let Freeze come to Auburn. But even if it's a yes on Auburn's end, and even if Freeze wants to come work here (especially given that his daughter goes to school here), would he want to knowing how controlling Gus is?

Auburn is going to "let" Freeze come. AU isn't above that, don't kid yourself. Freeze has to rebuild his career somehow. See's AU as a stepping stone to do just that. The Gus controlling part? I'm sure Freeze is very aware. Don't think that matters.  

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It still could be better in his eyes than being relegated to Canada for the time being.

Going to be very interesting to see who wants Freeze after this year. I could see LSU getting involved. Who knows? 

I’ll volunteer to line up some hookers for him and foot the bill myself so there is no cell phone trail if he will just come fix this mess of an offense!  We got to do something!  

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’ll volunteer to line up some hookers for him and foot the bill myself so there is no cell phone trail if he will just come fix this mess of an offense!  We got to do something!  

Can he bring some elite offensive lineman with him?

4 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Gus will be back next year regardless of what happens in Athens and Tuscaloosa this season. He'll be on the hot seat all of next season, though.

so 3 years in a row of the same ish? O boy. groundhog day again. SO fun /s.

Just now, Butthead said:

so freeze comes?  how do we fix the O-line debacle?

Hope there is 5 quality transfers along the line at every position out there lol.

Finebaum seemed to think this was pretty much a done deal this morning on the roundtable.  With Freeze and Gus being buddy buddy and knowing each other’s offenses so well I wonder how much autonomy Freeze would have?  Gus knows Freeze’s offense is just as good as his own even more so on the passing side.  It’ll be interesting to see how much of a fit Saban would pitch since he tried to hire him last year.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Finebaum seemed to think this was pretty much a done deal this morning on the roundtable.  With Freeze and Gus being buddy buddy and knowing each other’s offenses so well I wonder how much autonomy Freeze would have?  Gus knows Freeze’s offense is just as good as his own even more so on the passing side.  It’ll be interesting to see how much of a fit Saban would pitch since he tried to hire him last year.

Why would Saban want to bring in anybody other than what they have now? The formula seems to be working.

Just now, looney said:

Why would Saban want to bring in anybody other than what they have now? The formula seems to be working.

Because Saban tried to hire him last year and was told he couldn’t by the SEC.  Bama will lose their OC to Maryland after the season is the current rumor.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Because Saban tried to hire him last year and was told he couldn’t by the SEC.  Bama will lose their OC to Maryland after the season is the current rumor.

Ah, got it. Wasn't aware of that last bit. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Gus will be back next year regardless of what happens in Athens and Tuscaloosa this season.

I wouldn't bet on that statement FWIW.

23 minutes ago, Butthead said:

so freeze comes?  how do we fix the O-line debacle?

As WDE posted unlikely done in 1 year.

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Link please and I’m not sure how last year relates to this year but whatever. 

LSU and Missouri were also interested in hiring Freeze, and the SEC nixed them as well.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-SEC-blocked-Alabama-Nick-Saban-hiring-Hugh-Freeze-117382225/

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/04/what_really_happened_between_h.html

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus still being the Head Coach next year is worse than Gus and Chip for me personally.

At least HF has a proven offensive past. Chip was still growing as a D1 OC.

Finebaum has weighed in:

Paul Finebaum predicts Auburn will hire Hugh Freeze next year as a coordinator

Still have to fix the OL. I am beginning to wonder if part of the issue is the different playbook (more Chip Lindsey plays, more passing plays, etc.) does not mesh with Grimes' OL methodology/style. Grimes had great success in 2013 and even 2014 after the loss of Greg Robinson to the NFL and Alex Kozan to injury.

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Finebaum has weighed in:

Paul Finebaum predicts Auburn will hire Hugh Freeze next year as a coordinator

Still have to fix the OL. I am beginning to wonder if part of the issue is the different playbook (more Chip Lindsey plays, more passing plays, etc.) does not mesh with Grimes' OL methodology/style. Grimes had great success in 2013 and even 2014 after the loss of Greg Robinson to the NFL and Alex Kozan to injury.

Grimes has coached all different offenses, to be honest maybe the issue is that he is coaching his recruits and he did a crappy job.

I believe this is only an effort of Gus Malzahn helping a friend to get his name out there, same as Finebaum. They want him to get back into coaching...somewhere. Auburn has attracted lots of negativity from media in the past two years( the basketball bribing and misconduct from softball coaches). I don't see AD Greene inviting anymore of the negativity. 

Also full disclosure, Chip Lindsey only called the last two possessions of that football game Saturday...seems fine to me. I think we all know what's going on with this offensive playcalling....

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Saban isn't going down that road again. Why would be with the potent offense that Locksley has brought to turdville? 

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Saban isn't going down that road again. Why would be with the potent offense that Locksley has brought to turdville? 

There are reports (rumors)of Locksley going to Maryland.

Hugh could smack up Alabama’s defense still, I don’t think he’s lost that ability after one year. This isn’t that a guy doing a guy a favor, this could instantly make Auburn’s offense watchable 

he also needs to be taught how to recruit...better, which is all we do at Auburn is recruit 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hugh could smack up Alabama’s defense still, I don’t think he’s lost that ability after one year. This isn’t that a guy doing a guy a favor, this could instantly make Auburn’s offense watchable 

he also needs to be taught how to recruit...better, which is all we do at Auburn is recruit 

His offense was more pass oriented at Ole Miss and could instantly improve that area.  If by recruit better you mean not pay players and their loud mouth family then 100%.  That one class he had was pretty stellar.  

Archived