Gus to be the Auburn f'ball coach next season per Allen Greene

TitanTiger

10 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

Greene is the last guy who should catch flak for this. He is in a tight spot with few good courses. His statement last week was the best move he had available. I am quite sure he is more aware of what's really going on, the forces at play and actionable limits than most anyone on this board. 

If there's a guillotine waiting to drop, Leath is the one who should meet it. After him, Malzahn. It's way too early to evaluate Greene now. 

Edited by Scribe Tiger

fact

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CR said:

Petrino got fired this morning and Louisville is reportedly eating 14 mil in buyout money.

They rather operate at damn near a loss than keep an embarrassment around. Meanwhile we’d still be assuredly in the green and wouldn’t dare risk firing a guy who lost to all his rivals for like the 3rd or 4th year of his 6 year tenure 

14 hours ago, mayor4522 said:

Never will happen but if the fans stop showing up something  has to change his mind.

Most students aren’t like this, but not buying ticket packages would send the right message. I hate not buying it just in case we end up being magically good, but I’ve sent back 3 tickets due to how unwatchable this team is lol 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They rather operate at damn near a loss than keep an embarrassment around. Meanwhile we’d still be assuredly in the green and wouldn’t dare risk firing a guy who lost to all his rivals for like the 3rd or 4th year of his 6 year tenure 

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and cut your losses. I'm still clinging to hope that AU pulls the plug at season's end.

45 minutes ago, CR said:

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and cut your losses. I'm still clinging to hope that AU pulls the plug at season's end.

I don’t think it will happen unless we lose to Liberty. Then the AD would be in a pickle. 

It is going to be a long and miserable off-season for everyone- Coaches and fans alike. 

2 hours ago, CR said:

Petrino got fired this morning and Louisville is reportedly eating 14 mil in buyout money.

He had no relationship with the AD there and is not really loved anywhere. Coupled with being 2-8, that was a marriage headed for Judge Wapner in the fast lane.

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think it will happen unless we lose to Liberty. Then the AD would be in a pickle. 

It is going to be a long and miserable off-season for everyone- Coaches and fans alike. 

noooooooooo!.....we have a nationally recognized basketball program........embrace that !!!!!!!

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

noooooooooo!.....we have a nationally recognized basketball program........embrace that !!!!!!!

Not a basketball guy (never was good at it), but this season is pushing me to actually follow it this year.  I know the basic rules, of course, but beyond that I'm like a dog watching a reality show.  But I'm going to try... especially if they don't fire Gus 

4 hours ago, CR said:

^^^this x 1000.  Definition of insanity comes to mind if we think anything will change next year with Gus. 

What is not out of the realm of possibilities would be for some of the top donors to get together and press AD Greene to release Gus providing he gets blown out against bammer and loses to Liberty.  This would show that Gus has lost the team, and when this happens it is time to cut ties and move in different direction.

I would love nothing more than for us to beat Liberty soundly, and pull off the biggest upset in modern college against bammer.  Liberty should be a win, but bammer is just too strong for us or any team in the SEC. They will soundly beat the muts in the SEC division championship game.  

Thinking of this as there's basically 90% of threads end up being about Gus anyway... 

Most (on this forum) want Gus gone.

Many think he will/might be gone.

Many also think he won't.  ...primarily due to the buyout but also fear of the "unknown".

A few defend Gus.  Not necessarily saying they want him back....just supportive of "whoever" the coach is.

My question:. Are there any on this forum who actually thinks he's doing a good job & WANT him back?

Regardless of what you THINK will or won't happen.

I think he's become a very divisive coach but truthfully that may not be the case.  Even those who defend him, to my knowledge, don't outright say they WANT him....  I'm not sure anyone really WANTS him back.  Am I wrong?

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My question:. Are there any on this forum who actually thinks he's doing a good job & WANT him back?

Mikey thinks Gus is the answer and everyone else is the problem. He seriously thinks that Gus is being meddled with and that's why our offense sucks. 

Otherwise, you're right. It's pretty much just a matter of disagreeing on how much of an impediment to his firing the buyout is. I guess maybe some folks think that Hugh Freeze can come in and stand up to Gus and make this offense hum, but even they are predicting success despite our head coach and not because of him. 

Otherwise, yeah, just Mikey. I think even 64 is pragmatic in a roundabout way. 

“ i got 7 million a year for waffle house whether i coach or not”! , ,,,Y’all know that’s right”! So wake me up when you get finished cause i got players to coach up so we can play better!

what an embarrassing doofus if there ever has been! 

B4FC529C-34E5-4318-BAF1-71163219465C.png

Archived