PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I'm sure this whole mess is so appealing to another potential coaching candidate with HC experience, a has a proven winning track record?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

This is new to me but, I'm trying to see a silver lining here....I think it could work out with a proven winner of a HC. Work in contractual details regarding clear delineation of authority and how "his" program is run.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, selias said:

This is new to me but, I'm trying to see a silver lining here....I think it could work out with a proven winner of a HC. Work in contractual details regarding clear delineation of authority and how "his" program is run.

I would agree if that was actually honored.  History indicates there are those who simply can’t keep their nose out of our football program regardless of what a contract may have in it.

22 minutes ago, selias said:

Problem is that it is very well known that the contractual details and authority have and always will be based on the authority of how the "power players" program is run in regards to Auburn.

My understanding it is a major reason why we ended up with Chizik instead of Patterson.

All this fiasco has done is to support that view of our program and its boosters.

21 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

Honestly, where is Allen Green with all this going on? He is the AD, right? Has he already quit?

Green has a boss who is handling the Gus situation along with Raymond both of whom put us in this dumb ass crap situation with Gus. I can tell you Allen is no fan of Gus would fired him on Sunday if he could but his boss says no.

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Problem is that it is very well known that the contractual details and authority have and always will be based on the authority of how the "power players" program is run in regards to Auburn.

My understanding it is a major reason why we ended up with Chizik instead of Patterson.

All this fiasco has done is to support that view of our program and its boosters.

Has it hopefully shone the light, even national, on a dark corner that needed expunging?  #rockbottom #nowheretogobutup

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Has it hopefully shone the light, even national, on a dark corner that needed expunging?  #rockbottom #nowheretogobutup

Believe that it has always been known in the coaching circles. Why I had no faith in our administration/bots not to make matters worse.

Articles have been written on it before, even in places like SI and ESPN. I don't expect much to change to be honest.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Believe that it has always been known in the coaching circles. Why I had no faith in our administration/bots not to make matters worse.

Articles have been written on it before, even in places like SI and ESPN. I don't expect much to change to be honest.

Sports Illustrated had their take just this afternoon.  It made me sad to be so accurately nailed.  This may the first time the PTB have been in the national spotlight for financial foolishness AND beyond.  Jetgate was horrendous, but the 24/7 news cycle, the gross amount of $$ thrown at college football now (and our huge piece of that pie), and the unfolding of the events of this week...beyond comprehensible.  Maybe the PTB will be embarrassed enough now to deal right, deal straight, or deal out.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Sports Illustrated had their take just this afternoon.  It made me sad to be so accurately nailed.  This may the first time the PTB have been in the national spotlight for financial foolishness AND beyond.  Jetgate was horrendous, but the 24/7 news cycle, the gross amount of $$ thrown at college football now (and our huge piece of that pie), and the unfolding of the events of this week...beyond comprehensible.  Maybe the PTB will be embarrassed enough now to deal right, deal straight, or deal out.

I can't remember if it was ESPN or SI, but they hit Lowder really hard along with the rest of the administration/bots before. Think it was during Tuberville's last season.

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

The PTB may be like Gus and think they haven't done anything wrong. 

This absolutely, positively did not help.  It to me played its part in "pride goeth."  Someone can post the stats following the date of its installation.  I just remember thinking, "I HATE this performance being that hugely broadcast..."

February 06, 2015

"When the installation is complete, Auburn will have the largest video board in all of college football. The video board will cost $3.5 million, with the total cost of the project expected to be $13.9 million..."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/06/auburn-jumbotron-jordan-hare-stadium

Just now, around4ever said:

The PTB may be like Gus and think they haven't done anything wrong. 

There is some oceanfront property in Arizona that the rest of the nation can't wait for them to buy.

I teach second grade.  Imagine me trying to explain the role of Harriet Beecher Stowe's groundbreaking book in awakening the American public at large to the evils of slavery. One of my littles dressed as the courageous author in our Vocabulary Parade in October (laughing as AUFamily gets a look at my world).   When awareness became national, the 1800's power brokers' world changed...as it well needed to.  Let it be so again!

• 3 weeks later...

You can only be trolled if you have the easily trolled gene 😁. Most real southern man don't have the gene because we don't believe what we hear and only half of what we see. Our older posters will understand this post.

Archived