PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

On paper I totally agree, but it would be a total Gus thing to do to win the west and buy another year so we live on in purgatory 

His luck has officially run out. If you thought Gus was mediocre with talent. Wait till next year. Kelly Bryant is not coming here. All of our uber talented DL will have graduated and most likely have gone to the NFL. Our OL will still be awful. Defense will take a huge step back losing not only most of our DL but Darrell Williams and our defensive MVP Deshaun Davis as well. There is no saving him this time. But it sucks that it takes all of the bottom to fall out for Gus to finally get canned. He should be gone NOW. We should be discussing in excitement who our next coach is going to be. Not being miserable saying how next year does not matter and we cannot be excited for a season again till 2020.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the big question... did we settle what JABA means? I can only assume we are not referring to a fat women playing xbox.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

His luck has officially run out. If you thought Gus was mediocre with talent. Wait till next year. Kelly Bryant is not coming here. All of our uber talented DL will have graduated and most likely gone to the NFL. Our OL will still be awful. Defense will take a huge step back losing not only most of our DL but Darrell Williams and our defensive MVP Deshaun Davis as well. There is no saving him this time. But it sucks that it takes all of the bottom to fall out for Gus to finally get canned. He should be gone NOW. We should be discussing in excitement who our next coach is going to be. Not being miserable saying how next year does not matter and we cannot be excited for a season again till 2020.

I am just afraid that we will end up with a losing record ...and then it’s back to rebuilding..

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Starting to understand how my UTk family felt for years.  It's only the beginning for us.... Lord, PLEASE don't force us into the desert!!!!

PrestigiousLightheartedChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

My anger has turned in to apathetic sadness. The thing we most look forward to on the calendar each year has been absolutely ruined by a booger eatin, gum smackin, High school coach dweeb.

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

So the big question... did we settle what JABA means? I can only assume we are not referring to a fat women playing xbox.

Just auburn being auburn 

BDE016AA-6E1C-4A61-B0E4-71D09D7CF09B.gif

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am just afraid that we will end up with a losing record ...and then it’s back to rebuilding..

Exactly. By the time he is gone the talent will be gutted and we will have a roster that is closer to Arkansas in talent than Bama, LSU and UGA. TAMU got out Sumlin when their roster still was stocked decently full with talent and now it is paying off seeing as how Jimbo is recruiting lights out this year. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

One step forward, 10 steps back, the Auburn way

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

One step forward, 10 steps back, the Auburn way

Then they will finally hire a Bill Clark or Jeff  Brohm watch lol. Which will piss off the fan base due to this ridiculous rumor about Stoops.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

If he had not accepted what they offered, what would have occurred?

Who knows?  All we know for certain is that it would not be whatever the IdiotsThatBe thought would occur.   

Who is dressing and feeding these dummies making these deals?! 

What is wrong with a shot at a natty once every 5 years and fighting to avoid the Birmingham Bowl the other 4???  At least we can win the Birmingham Bowl.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Exactly. By the time he is gone the talent will be gutted and we will have a roster that is closer to Arkansas in talent than Bama, LSU and UGA. TAMU got out Sumlin when there roster still was stocked decently full with talent and now it is paying off seeing as how Jimbo is recruiting lights out this year. 

Oh everyone is getting better but us lol. Granted we beat Jimbo but I think they will be trajecting upwards. I remember I would get killed about Dan Mullen but look at UF?

The question we need to ask ourselves about ALL of this is Who-What-When-Where-Why?? If it doesn’t make SENSE, it isn’t happening. JMHO 

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

What is wrong with a shot at a natty once every 5 years and fighting to avoid the Birmingham Bowl the other 4???  At least we can win the Birmingham Bowl.

Because fighting to avoid the Bham bowl every year means you’re mediocre. Idk about you but I want auburn to be good, I want them to take that next step, like the basketball program is starting to do. I want to see improvement, not complacency with being average

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh everyone is getting better but us lol. Granted we beat Jimbo but I think they will be trajecting upwards. I remember I would get killed about Dan Mullen but look at UF?

OHHHHHH that stupid stupid stupid fluke win vs Jimbo is what really made this clustereff of a situation all possible. If he had lost that one they would of just booted him without even presenting him this offer of a reduced buyout. BUT NOOOOOO. In the true Auburn way when we win we lose lol. 

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Who knows?  All we know for certain is that it would not be whatever the IdiotsThatBe thought would occur.   

Who is dressing and feeding these dummies making these deals?! 

I guess what I’m not getting is, why make an offer they expect him to decline anyway. Why go through the machinations? Just fire him bc that would have been the only alternative if he had not accepted it. I guess I dont get the benefit of their little chess game unless they really were trying to retain him at a lower rate. It’s late. I’m sure I must be missing something.

At this point, I think the most valuable discussion we could have is who we should go after next year. Venables for me, maaaaaaayyyyybe Aranda.

Oh and #FireLeath

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

At this point, I think the most valuable discussion we could have is who we should go after next year. Venables for me, maaaaaaayyyyybe Aranda.

Oh and #FireLeath

Bama will find all the venables skeletons and make them known. I’m all on the aranda train, however!

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Any chance @cole256 could redirect a load of nuclear waste to Jordan Hare and shut this crap down for a year or two?  At least we could avoid the embarrassment of losing seasons.

Powerbrokers failed me. I thought they would at least go the route of planting hookers and cocaine.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Powerbrokers failed me. I thought they would at least go the route of planting hookers and cocaine.

Why am I picturing what happened to Mark Pellegrino's character in the first season of Dexter?

Just now, AUwent said:

Why am I picturing what Dexter did to Mark Pellegrino?

Sprinkle a little on the waffles. Oh, don't mind me sir, just our new flavored funneled cake waffle for the best. 

Just now, BJCrawford said:

I guess what I’m not getting is, why make an offer they expect him to decline anyway. Why go through the machinations? Just fire him bc that would have been the only alternative if he had not accepted it. I guess I dont get the benefit of their little chess game unless they really were trying to retain him at a lower rate. It’s late. I’m sure I must be missing something.

I read somewhere that the IIC (Idiots In Charge) wanted him to decline negotiation so they might move ahead with declaring his extension contract null and void because of technicalities.  They could then afford to buy him out.  Must have been a real chance of that happening because Gus agreed to a contract revision. 

Not sure that's it, but that's what someone else guessed.  

Don't know if I really believe any of it.

Sorry! Might be a bit of dark humor.

Too busy watching house of cards and it got my mind going after all this tv drama we call Auburn athletics.

Archived