PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

17 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Eat grass? Carry off the field high on the shoulders of teenagers? Botch a firing and be stuck for an extra year?

Yes, then finally cut him loose after next year's aTm loss.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Recruiting is sales.  If Gus doesn’t believe it then why would recruits believe it?  Who knows.  History says next year could be weird in a good way based off the past weeks events.  92>93, 98>99 Auburn was 7-1 when Leard was healthy, 03>04, 2012>2013 etc.  I think 9-3 is bare minimum for Gus to save his job next year and those 3 loses can’t be LSU, UGA, and Bama.  I would say 2-3 of those need to be wins.  UF will still be a work in progress till they get a Qb, Texas A&M will be tough with Mond back, and LSU should be better with Burrows.  

Needs to win an SEC title IMO if he goes 9-3 beats LSU and UGA but losses to the other schools , what good is that? Still inconsistency.

Gus will not save his job. I dont think hes safe if he wins the natty. By that i mean if anpther school comes calling auburn will box his stuff up for him. There is no Gus in 2020

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Needs to win an SEC title IMO if he goes 9-3 beats LSU and UGA but losses to the other schools , what good is that? Still inconsistency.

9-3 with a new QB and rebuilt front 7 would be a huge accomplishment.  Oregon May or may not be returning their stud Qb so that’s a toss up.  Next test will be TaMu>MissState>Florida if Auburn can get through that 2-1 then you have a huge showdown in Baton Rogue in late October.  Auburn has to win there eventually and LSU has a history of declining late in the season and may be looking ahead to Bama.  Auburn gets a week off before UGA and has a cupcake before Bama.  Split Bama/UGA and you have a 2017ish season with a New Years 6 Bowl.  I think that would be a good coaching job by Gus to put that together.

Problem is any type of tangible success and good will Gus earns is promptly cancelled out due to his inevitable next boneheaded blunder.

The man is CBT.

CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

He's fooled us several times by now. I will not be buying in to anything anymore because I know Gus' next monumental failure is right around the corner no matter how good things look at any given moment. And he's dug himself so deep in a hole with program mismanagement that this is no longer just a case of "fix a few things here and there to get on track". There are fundamental flaws he has woven into the fabric of this program with how he's been running things as the chief decision maker that will take more than 1 off-season alone to fix and get the program moving in the direction it needs to be moving.

FSDAIUFDSA98Y632WOIUHGFDAS87H

^Yup that was my forehead contributing in a violent manner to this thread

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Problem is any type of tangible success and good will Gus earns is promptly cancelled out due to his inevitable next boneheaded blunder.

The man is CBT.

CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

He's fooled us several times by now. I will not be buying in to anything anymore because I know Gus' next monumental failure is right around the corner no matter how good things look at any given moment. And he's dug himself so deep in a hole with program mismanagement that this is no longer just a case of "fix a few things here and there to get on track". There are fundamental flaws he has woven into the fabric of this program with how he's been running things as the chief decision maker that will take more than 1 off-season alone to fix and get the program moving in the direction it needs to be moving.

FSDAIUFDSA98Y632WOIUHGFDAS87H

^Yup that was my forehead contributing in a violent manner to this thread

No, he's only fooled YOU several times.

I've been on to him since 2014.

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Au17 said:

If Gus accepts those terms he is  a idiot. Surely Jimmy will not let him do that. 

This is the same coach that played 3 QBs in 1 game and let our FB do a ballerina pirouette pass in a REAL game. Yeah...i don't put anything past Gus! 

3 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

If this new contract biz is true I am more pissed now than I was when hearing about 49 mil contract last year !The leaked info on Stoops to get leverage for a reduced contract shows me the BOT played the fan base. Their #1 focus is the MONEY. The money is more important than winning SECCs & NCs. This is going to cost Auburn a lot more than 49 mil over the next few years. It is fitting that we were TN’s first SEC win since we look to be fully committed to becoming the worst program in the SEC. The BOT are no better than JJ at mishandling contracts and hiring decisions. You guys are a damn embarrassment to us all ! How in the hell did any of you run successful businesses ? What a s&/%  show  

War Eagle ! 

You hit the nail on the head. Forget about the coach for a minute. This is NO way for the PTB (Pres, BOT, big money boosters) to handle business. They approved and signed the contract. So either get Gus to agree to renegotiate it or honor the contract but do it behind closed doors, not in public. This is the same way they handled things with Dye, Tubs, Bowden, Chizik and now Malzahn. It does a lot of damage to the football program but obviously preventing that is secondary to them. It doesn't seem to concern them.

21 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think leath is trying to save face. if gus is run off this year after the big new contract leath looks like an idiot. this is all i can figure in all this.

He's looking like an idiot regardless though. This is all a mess and like you stated...hard to figure out if true. 

11 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

You hit the nail on the head. Forget about the coach for a minute. This is NO way for the PTB (Pres, BOT, big money boosters) to handle business. They approved and signed the contract. So either get Gus to agree to renegotiate it or honor the contract but do it behind closed doors, not in public. This is the same way they handled things with Dye, Tubs, Bowden, Chizik and now Malzahn. It does a lot of damage to the football program but obviously preventing that is secondary to them. It doesn't seem to concern them.

TRUE.....Actually I have doubts about the veracity of most of the reports ....but if any of it is true, I truly doubt the Pres or BOT are the information sources since there is no way any of them could look good by trying to weasel out of a contract they signed.   

JMO but it's the so-called PTBs who are probably used to getting their way by virtue of their donations.....and who seem to be throwing their weight around trying to get rid of Gus.   Some of them apparently can't keep their mouths shut.     I expect they think they are doing what' best for AU but this bull in a china shop approach is doing no good whatsoever. 

I’ll just put this here to bookmark for later:  if this is all true, Gus has a DT QB up his sleeve...Tate is my guess.

Folks may not like him right now, but I can assure you he’s no idiot.  IF he is taking this “risk”, he knows what he has coming.  Tate would be a Marshall type QB with a slightly more accurate arm.  I don’t think he’d sell his soul with KBryant or anyone on this roster as his “savior”...

26 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll just put this here to bookmark for later:  if this is all true, Gus has a DT QB up his sleeve...Tate is my guess.

Folks may not like him right now, but I can assure you he’s no idiot.  IF he is taking this “risk”, he knows what he has coming.  Tate would be a Marshall type QB with a slightly more accurate arm.  I don’t think he’d sell his soul with KBryant or anyone on this roster as his “savior”...

Okay, color me ignorant...

Who's "Tate" that you're referring to?

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, color me ignorant...

Who's "Tate" that you're referring to?

Probably Khalil Tate?  There's rumors of him wanting to transfer.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Probably Khalil Tate?  There's rumors of him wanting to transfer.

Thank you kind sir.  I must now research him.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Khalil Tate would be a great stop Gap QB score

After looking him up... better than Bryant IMO.

Matter of fact, it seems Auburn's old OC, Mazzone actually pulled a 2014 Gus/Marshall on Tate this season (AKA: Tried to change him into something he isn't, taking away what made him so great).  Intriguing, but then #butgus.

19 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

And as noted somewhere else, I think it would be horrible for the university to try and find a loophole that would reduce Malzahns buyout. He may not be a great coach but he’s always represented the university well. The fact he can’t coach doesn’t make him a bad guy. I sincerely hope they honor his buyout if it comes down to this.

How about they honor their obligations to TUF and not spend our money without following the appropriate process?

19 minutes ago, Aunonymous said:

How about they honor their obligations to TUF and not spend our money without following the appropriate process?

If that’s the question then it should have been challenged a year ago and not when things are not going like they want them to.

5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

If that’s the question then it should have been challenged a year ago and not when things are not going like they want them to.

I agree with you, but havent there been rumblings from TUF all year about how the contract extension was handled?  

16 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I agree with you, but havent there been rumblings from TUF all year about how the contract extension was handled?  

Not sure. I don’t follow this as closely as some do. It may be true but the circumstances surrounding making it an issue now just feel slimy. Maybe someone with better knowledge can weigh in. I just wish a definitive decision was announced and move on (regardless of what that decision is).

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Not sure. I don’t follow this as closely as some do. It may be true but the circumstances surrounding making it an issue now just feel slimy. Maybe someone with better knowledge can weigh in. I just wish a definitive decision was announced and move on (regardless of what that decision is).

It's possible that it was an issue but it's only getting leaked now that people are unhappy.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I'm sure this whole mess is so appealing to another potential coaching candidate with HC experience, a has a proven winning track record?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived