Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

a guy on the ITAT board told them that kodi burns would be the OC, that was the rumor and now WDE is saying it so you know that its going to happen if he is saying that....i'm going to go puke, then put on a robe,head band and then pretend the grandsons old guitar is a damned fiddle

Of course it'll be Kodi Burns.  Only like 3 people in the Trust Tree, and Gus isn't going to attract anyone competent for the position.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... newborn infant Jesus.. please don't let this happen...

I can assure you, it's just a title, if it's Burns. Burns isn't going to be calling plays. He'd probably be WR and "OC" , Gus will call plays, and they'll hire a QB coach. 

8 hours ago, DAG said:

So why doesn’t he do it ? As I posed in the original statement that you chose to overlook. The so called “whiners” have been suggesting this for some time now. 10 steps behind as usual.

I haven't seen the crybaby crew do anything but whine about "meddling". Got some links to where the whiners have recommended that Gus go without a true OC and do that himself? Links to my own previous suggestions concerning this don't count, as I can't be considered to be a card carrying member of GAGG. (Gripe About Gus Group)

I predicted Kodi to be OC weeks ago.  It was sorta in jest but in the back of my mind, I actually thought it was the legit choice.

This will be ALL Gus and everybody knows it.  Kodi will be a sounding board and Gus' eyes in the booth but Gus will be calling plays.

Frankly, as it should be.  Let him put up or Shut up.

Now.... Who is the OL coach and what is the blocking scheme to be taught in '19?  Those are more KEY than the QB IMO..

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kodi Burns

This is who I suspect. If the chatter last week was true about 2019 being his last shot, then Gus will likely call all the plays and either sink or swim. He's going to do it on his terms. Stubborn Gus going to do it his way.

11 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

a guy on the ITAT board told them that kodi burns would be the OC, that was the rumor and now WDE is saying it so you know that its going to happen if he is saying that....i'm going to go puke, then put on a robe,head band and then pretend the grandsons old guitar is a damned fiddle

So we still have to hire an additional offensive coach...Patrick Nix to coach QBs?

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

You hire Freeze, the team shows great improvement and then you fire the head coach?  For what?  Getting his program back on track?  How does that work?

If the team doesn't improve, why would you keep Freeze on and how much time does he get to improve the team if you do?

I could see the offense improving/looking good and us still losing games because A. The defense will take a big step back with all we do lose and could potentially lose and B. We have a really tough schedule as usual. That his how what I said could shake out.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I haven't seen the crybaby crew do anything but whine about "meddling". Got some links to where the whiners have recommended that Gus go without a true OC and do that himself? Links to my own previous suggestions concerning this don't count, as I can't be considered to be a card carrying member of GAGG. (Gripe About Gus Group)

Start calling you the "7-5  know our place" man.  

1 minute ago, asf0531 said:

It's fun to watch everyone dream, but ya'll know this is going to be one of Gus' guys..Freeze or Briles are not coming.

Briles has ZERO interest. Not sure why his name is even coming up. 

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So we still have to hire an additional offensive coach...Patrick Nix to coach QBs?

No lets not do that. It could create hard feelings with Bo if the new coach doesnt retain his dad.

I mean what’s the deal...99% of the board says next year gonna suck regardless of OC, Gus gonna meddle regardless, looking @ 7-5, 8-5 at best., and the all time favorite he gone after next season anyway. He could hire one of us to be OC or Josh McDaniels and it would not matter...cause he gonna be out right?

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean what’s the deal...99% of the board says next year gonna suck regardless of OC, Gus gonna meddle regardless, looking @ 7-5, 8-5 at best., and the all time favorite he gone after next season anyway. He could hire one of us to be OC or Josh McDaniels and it would not matter...cause he gonna be out right?

Thats how I feel and predict it to play out.

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

As on OC?  No.

As a QB coach?  Maybe...not sure.  Sure would be awkward for the other QB'S not named Nix though...

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I'd take a 1 year $100K salary to be a figurehead.  Would certainly help with my treatments and it's probably low stress with Gus running the show anyway.

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I predicted Kodi to be OC weeks ago.  It was sorta in jest but in the back of my mind, I actually thought it was the legit choice.

This will be ALL Gus and everybody knows it.  Kodi will be a sounding board and Gus' eyes in the booth but Gus will be calling plays.

Frankly, as it should be.  Let him put up or Shut up.

Now.... Who is the OL coach and what is the blocking scheme to be taught in '19?  the Those are more KEY than QB IMO..

I'm think it will still be JB Grimes and I think they'll be a better unit. But in the long run it may hurts because of recruiting.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

You hire Freeze, the team shows great improvement and then you fire the head coach?  For what?  Getting his program back on track?  How does that work?

If the team doesn't improve, why would you keep Freeze on and how much time does he get to improve the team if you do?

You let Freeze resurrect the offense for a season or maybe two. He gets sniped into a HC position somewhere (almost a certainty), at which point you're at least approaching even-money on "THE CONTRACT", provides Auburn a sliding stop into a time and place where there's a new generation of hot coaches, and where most of the SEC is locked into year 2 or 3 of their respective new coaches, giving Auburn first dibs.

Not that he's coming.

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Briles has ZERO interest. Not sure why his name is even coming up. 

Hugh Freeze to Ohio State????

Kidding, they seem pretty set on Day the O coordinator there.

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

You let Freeze resurrect the offense for a season or maybe two. He gets sniped into a HC position somewhere (almost a certainty), at which point you're at least approaching even-money on "THE CONTRACT", provides Auburn a sliding stop into a time and place where there's a new generation of hot coaches, and where most of the SEC is locked into year 2 or 3 of their respective new coaches, giving Auburn first dibs.

Not that he's coming.

Hugh Freeze to Liberty for a year, then to Auburn as HC?

10 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I am hoping for Fedora or Yurich. They both are Gundy guys.

I know I'm probably the only person that doesn't want baby Briles here, but I know alot of people that have already said they would lose so much respect for Auburn with that hire. Have to give the GF props for the dig also, she goes sure hire Briles... then informed that Corey Myers was available for softball. I like the feisty, she's so fun lol.

Until that thinking goes away, we can throw any thought about taking our football program to that "next level" out the window.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I rather have Baby Briles be our next Head Coach. Not just OC. Dude is a rockstar. Look how the FAU offense went off a cliff when he left. Look at Houstons offense the year prior compared to this season? Dude is a freaking beast. Your girl knows best! lol. He was twice named big 12 recruiter of the year as well. My wish list would go: Baby Briles, Freeze then Graham Harrell.

Yep. KB is a rockstar. He is now making over 2 million a year at a G5 school.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would really help to desensitize not just the national media about Freeze being our next Head Coach that would generate but also the PTB. They always seem to care about morally righteous stuff when it comes to football. They always go with the safe hire lately. Thank goodness we did not do this with basketball and BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE. 

This. So much this.

36 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Either way, we all know the outcome of the 2019 season.

8-5

War Eagle Anyway.

8-5? If we are lucky. And that's assuming we actually hire a proven OC. Otherwise I think we will struggle to be bowl eligible next season.

Archived