Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, provibe said:

Sorry @Brad_ATX, I was typing when you posted, but I cannot pull for Auburn to fail just to get rid of Gus. I want Auburn to win!

You don't have too. He will fail regardless.

If Gus is OC, us members might have to have a meeting with the mods and the rules on the game day threads.  We might all be gone but 4 or 5 members and a bunch of trolls!!!  At least those that haven't joined the Haley Center mass suicide protest!!

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

My main point was that Gus has been seriously "meddled with" time and time again by the higher-ups at AU

so, you know first hand what i have heard and did not quite believe?....i did care for jethro jacobs at all, except for hiring bruce pearl, and i have a hard time believing that jethro was competent enough to do that....kissing ass and raising money?...yeah.....loving AU?....yeah.....caring about fans and "customers?"....hell no, and i still get mad when i think about his fatass calling us customers!....our health does not allow us to go to any games any more, but still, that grips my butt....maybe i need to cut him some slack but that will be very hard for me to do

30 minutes ago, provibe said:

Sorry @Brad_ATX, I was typing when you posted, but I cannot pull for Auburn to fail just to get rid of Gus. I want Auburn to win!

I'm not pulling for Auburn to fail.  But I fully expect failure/mediocrity with our current HC.  Point I'm making is that if Gus takes over the O completely, there won't be any debate about who was calling plays, etc.

I hope we will have the OC spot filled soon regardless of who it is.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

So, the main problem gets to keep his job and look for a new scapegoat? Does anything ever change?

With 6 scapegoats sacrificed so far in 7 seasons, you'd think the Football gods would be kinder to us...

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not pulling for Auburn to fail.  But I fully expect failure/mediocrity with our current HC.  Point I'm making is that if Gus takes over the O completely, there won't be any debate about who was calling plays, etc.

Yeah, I understand that, just wish he would hire a good OC and turn the offense over to him. Keep thinking that Gus will or has learned that this is what he needs to do but I am like most on here and now doubt it will ever happen.

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Well it probably won't be Hugh he is probably gonna go to Alabama since they just lost there OC, or he will be the HC at liberty. 

Talk about sticking it to your buddy.  Freeze going to Alabama would be hard to stomach for Gus.  Keep piling it on!!

12 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Until that thinking goes away, we can throw any thought about taking our football program to that "next level" out the window.

Our board and administration have been keeping us from the next level almost as long as Kendell has been alive. Not wanting someone that was involved in the Baylor scandals isn't what is stopping us from going to the next level.

So ya, not digging the need for "rape culture" to be what gets Auburn to the next level. If that is needed then shut the damn program down completely.

7 hours ago, DAG said:

I got a serious question to decrease the intensity here. I use to be able to provide a link and it would embed the gif automatically while using the cell phone. Of course, I upgrade and now the website never embeds them automatically anymore. What gives?! Damn IPhone.

Pretty sure Cook and Harbert got into over the upgrade. Even your Iphone got JABA'd.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I will do it. I promise you I'll have some of the best wr screens you have ever seen

Please, for the love of God, get McClain the ball in a game that matters. 

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Well it probably won't be Hugh he is probably gonna go to Alabama since they just lost there OC, or he will be the HC at liberty. 

I read somewhere Bill Clark regretted not answering Sith Lord Saban's call in the past.  I wonder if he gets another call this week.

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I read somewhere Bill Clark regretted not answering Sith Lord Saban's call in the past.  I wonder if he gets another call this week.

Why would Clark leave a program that he has built to a conference winner as a HC to become an OC?  He's likely 1-2 years away from jumping to a major school.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why would Clark leave a program that he has built to a conference winner as a HC to become an OC?  He's likely 1-2 years away from jumping to a major school.

To learn the ways of the Sith.  An SEC football team is a big time org.  He might want to see how they're run.  Gus could have used a few years under a successful SEC coach.  His lack of strategic and operational management skills, along with the not having made SEC connections has handicapped him.  

8 minutes ago, AURealist said:

To learn the ways of the Sith.  An SEC football team is a big time org.  He might want to see how they're run.  Gus could have used a few years under a successful SEC coach.  His lack of strategic and operational management skills, along with the not having made SEC connections has handicapped him.  

Sorry, just don't see it.  Saban's great, but Clark is showing he knows how to run a program.  His career trajectory is on the right path.  It would be a step down for him to take an OC role.

Archived