Why I chose my LGBTQ daughter over the Evangelical Church

DKW 86

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go by faith. I dont acknowledge the phony God of those that are in some of the Deep South Denoms that advocates that we are just one sin away from hell, teaching against what the bible plainly teaches. I am tired and reject the white skinned, blond haired, fair complected, blue eyed Jesus of a lot of people in the west as well.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I go by faith. I dont acknowledge the phony God of those that are in some of the Deep South Denoms that advocates that we are just one sin away from hell, teaching against what the bible plainly teaches. I am tired and reject the white skinned, blond haired, fair complected, blue eyed Jesus of a lot of people in the west as well.

Which southern denominations do you consider phony?

15 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

This hippie 60s free love Jesus might make people of the Sexual Revolution feel nice, but He bears little resemblance to the actual Jesus.

I read this and the only thing I can think about is Cal Naughton Jr and Ricky Bobby.  Carry on.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Which southern denominations do you consider phony?

I consider all of you filthy Protestants heathens.

45 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

thank you...

Is that your answer to my question or just agreeing with Dub who must be a Satan worshiper

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Is that your answer to my question or just agreeing with Dub who must be a Satan worshiper

Yes. ;)

18 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yes. ;)

So you won't name the denominations you referred to? I'm just curious. I don't belong to any church right now. I have been a member of Baptist, Methodist and Presbyterian churches in the past.

18 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

So you won't name the denominations you referred to? I'm just curious. I don't belong to any church right now. I have been a member of Baptist, Methodist and Presbyterian churches in the past.

Not going to pick a fight over RELIGION on the forum...

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Not going to pick a fight over RELIGION on the forum...

I didn't mean to start a fight. Sorry if it came across that way.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I didn't mean to start a fight. Sorry if it came across that way.

Not with you Proud...but with members of the denominations I would be naming. 

For the record, I attend a non-denom church that is pretty much baptist in core beliefs. But we are independent and not subject to any denom leadership.

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Not with you Proud...but with members of the denominations I would be naming. 

For the record, I attend a non-denom church that is pretty much baptist in core beliefs. But we are independent and not subject to any denom leadership.

OK. One of the churches I like right now is the Church of the Highlands. It started in Mt. Brook and has spread. There are two in Auburn/Opelika now and another under construction. My only problem with them is they are so big. With my hearing loss ( I wear aids now) I have trouble understanding the sermon in a large setting. I do like the fact that they pay cash for everything. No debt.

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

OK. One of the churches I like right now is the Church of the Highlands. It started in Mt. Brook and has spread. There are two in Auburn/Opelika now and another under construction. My only problem with them is they are so big. With my hearing loss ( I wear aids now) I have trouble understanding the sermon in a large setting. I do like the fact that they pay cash for everything. No debt.

My church uses tons of COTH Materials. I have taught their LIFE Curriculum many times. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

My church uses tons of COTH Materials. I have taught their LIFE Curriculum many times. 

Thanks. Appreciate our PM discussion today.

I think that many of you are not taking into consideration what Titan mentioned, which is the illumination of the Holy Spirit. Sure it seems ridiculous to everyone to whom God has not spoken, but I know God is real because He revealed Himself to me when I didn't believe it. (Please note that by "He" I don't mean to imply that God is male) I would ask ANY of you, if God revealed to you that He was real, would you believe Him or not? It is COMPLETELY illogical to disbelieve God when He tells you something.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, DKW 86 said:

He was actually a Jew. Jews are from Shem, not Japheth. Shemites aren't white.

I hate these discussions on the race of Jesus. All this crap about race is ridiculous. Jesus was human, and the idea of discussing his race as we discuss it today is silly on its face.

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths...

On 1/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, DKW 86 said:

I never run across anyone/denom who overtly stated these things.  If you find people worshiping some image of a pale skinned blondie... (or a former skateboarder from El Paso)... show them the second commandment.  The beauty of the law is that it impartially cuts both ways.

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

I hate these discussions on the race of Jesus. All this crap about race is ridiculous. Jesus was human, and the idea of discussing his race as we discuss it today is silly on its face.

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths...

But the pictures....

On 1/19/2019 at 9:16 PM, Farmer Brown said:

He was actually a Jew. Jews are from Shem, not Japheth. Shemites aren't white.

We agree.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:52 PM, maxwere said:

I never run across anyone/denom who overtly stated these things.  If you find people worshiping some image of a pale skinned blondie... (or a former skateboarder from El Paso)... show them the second commandment.  The beauty of the law is that it impartially cuts both ways.

Image result for blond haired blue eyed jesus

All used by white churches across the USA...The one on the bottom i believe came from Southern baptist literature.

Archived