The Hype Begins

toddc

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t really have a dog in this fight so I apologize for showing up to the party late.  To be honest all of my attention has been focused on Auburn basketball and the amazing run Bruce Pearl and his team are on.  Rightfully so too.  I think we all need to focus on them right now.

Something interesting I thought of and take it for what you will.  Many say Gus needs to be more like Bruce but they are already very similar.  Both live and die by their offensive rules.  Gus is a “run to set up the pass,” and Bruce is a “shoot the three to open the drive.”  If that fails in a particular game we fail and they hardly deviate from it.  Both recruit smaller, quicker guys.  Both have great defenses and like to run fast.  Now I think Bruce in the past month has been shaking things up and changing course with LOTS OF success.  I think Gus can learn from this.

That’s all I will compare about them though because it is unfair to compare them.  Two different sports with their own moments of success.  Both good friends too.  Arguing like this takes attention and time away from the history in basketball we are making.  This is a good time to be an Auburn Tiger people!    Let’s go Bruce and this Auburn basketball team!

Side note:  I am at a conference in Nashville currently and at breakfast sat next to Gus Malzahn’s childhood friend.  It was really fun to hear stories about him and his family.  

Not true. Auburn showed they could play a half court offense against UK. Not only that, Bruce and the team clearly adjusted to UK playing the line hard by taking with they gave them and driving to the hoop. I am not bashing Gus , but I’ve seen this team deviate from their tendencies against a high quality opponent.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

office.gif

kb.gif

I’m in “The Good Place “ with b-ball and football, come join me! 😆 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Not true. Auburn showed they could play a half court offense against UK. Not only that, Bruce and the team clearly adjusted to UK playing the line hard by taking with they gave them and driving to the hoop. I am not bashing Gus , but I’ve seen this team deviate from their tendencies against a high quality opponent.

Oh I agree.  That’s why I said this past month, which included the Kentucky game.  

19 hours ago, Tiger said:

lmaoooo 8 SEC teams made the tournament last year. What a "down" year hahahaha some of these posts are comically asinine. 2nd most teams in the entire country last year. ACC had 9. I swear I've seen some dumb posts on this board but there are some indisputable top 5 dumbest posts in this thread. We got a poster claiming to look at history as a way to back up his point but flatly ignoring Bruce's accomplishments in his own history. It's clear some posts are just living in a different reality. I don't envy those that can't understand the value of what we have.

Just now seeing this but thank you. 

Archived