NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We match up perfectly with purdue. Virginia has the Ole Miss gameplan vs us on steroids. @Tiger outlined it perfectly that outside of Kentucky Virginia is the worst matchup for us in the country. 

Differing opinions on that. IMO, Purdue has been playing on fire and I don't want to get into a shooting contest with them, right now. Not to mention, I kind of just want to knock off another 1 seed to make this Tournament run even better. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahha Mark Few is a goober? He is harmless. He is the sweet old chap who plays chess in the park who gives you great advice when life is giving you troubles. Lol Adam Morrison? he is not good enough for anyone to form any kind of opinion on him. that is giving him to much power and credit. When you average 88 ppg and lead the country in scoring you are not goobers! lmao. I will focus my hate on Roy temper tantrum child like meltdown Williams and Mob Boss Calipari!!!haha

1 word. Goobers. You wont change my mind. Worst team in college basketball 

If you were a fan of one of the teams Adam Morrison cooked back in ..2006?, I imagine that'd be reason enough to dislike him. Auburn fans still talk about Marshall Henderson to this day and he's 1/4th the player Morrison was

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Differing opinions on that. IMO, Purdue has been playing on fire and I don't want to get into a shooting contest with them, right now. Not to mention, I kind of just want to knock off another 1 seed to make this Tournament run even better. 

a shooting contest is basically the only way Auburn's going to win games from this point going forward, IMO

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you were a fan of one of the teams Adam Morrison cooked back in ..2006?, I imagine that'd be reason enough to dislike him. Auburn fans still talk about Marshall Henderson to this day and he's 1/4th the player Morrison was

I’ve still never hated a player more than Morrison.

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

G Will I have told u why twice before lol

1. Adam Morrison played for them, hate them for life.

2. Their coach is a goober.

3. They sign certain players that are goobers

I thought I knew what "goober" means, but apparently I don't. Please explain how you are using this term.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

a shooting contest is basically the only way Auburn's going to win games from this point going forward, IMO

If we beat UK, I much rather play UVA. Our pace, if we’re hitting could be major problems for them

Just now, AURex said:

I thought I knew what "goober" means, but apparently I don't. Please explain how you are using this term.

Why do I need to explain?

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahha Mark Few is a goober? He is harmless. He is the sweet old chap who plays chess in the park who gives you great advice when life is giving you troubles. Lol Adam Morrison? he is not good enough for anyone to form any kind of opinion on him. that is giving him to much power and credit. When you average 88 ppg and lead the country in scoring you are not goobers! lmao. I will focus my hate on Roy temper tantrum child like meltdown Williams and Mob Boss Calipari!!!haha

You can't talk about goobers and not mention Coach Kiachevroletsky. 

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

More than Duke?  Wow?  Why?

Duke is my bandwagon team. Love duke. Bandwagon fan since 99. Auburn aside from a couple of years before Bruce got here were the Cleveland Browns of college basketball so me and @Maverick.AU had to get our fun and entertaining college basketball fix somewhere else lol. I respect the hell out of Duke because they are the Auburn in that state. Before K got there they were like the Auburn in football to UNC's alabama except obviously for the sport of basketball. They were a good program but they were in the shadow of UNC. Then eventually K completely switches the narrative where Duke is now the IT school. They are a bigger national brand now than UNC. They broke through the door and got themselves a seat at the blue blood table. That could be us in football if we find the right coach. Dabo is doing that for clemson in football. Completely re writing the narrative and their programs history. 

Just now, around4ever said:

You can't talk about goobers and not mention Coach Kiachevroletsky. 

K is a vampire not a goober lol. His greatest trick is no one talks about the obvious dye job on his hair. Like they actually think a 70 year old plus man has jet black hair! lmao. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think Tech winning ensures Virginia unfortunately wins tonight with the ugliest and most boring style of basketball known to man and that we lose tomorrow :[. I doubt there will be 2 teams in the final 4 where it will both be their first time there. 

Why you gotta be so negative?!?

:poke:

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If we beat UK, I much rather play UVA. Our pace, if we’re hitting could be major problems for them

I feel like people saying they rather play virginia are completely forgetting the gameplans UAB and ole miss used vs us. Virginia is that on steroids. Horrible matchup for us. 

Just now, AUGoo said:

Why you gotta be so negative?!?

:poke:

2013 natty changed me forever. It made me in to a pessimistic negative nancy who thinks something bad will always happen lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I feel like people saying they rather play virginia are completely forgetting the gameplans UAB and ole miss used vs us. Virginia is that on steroids. Horrible matchup for us. 

I do not want to play Edwards and Kline . Purdue could make it to a national championship with their shooting, much like us. UVA is not a final four team.

We're a completely different team than we were during those games. Sorry but the way we've been playing since the KY loss UAB and Ole Miss wouldn't be able to keep pace with us. 

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

1 word. Goobers. You wont change my mind. Worst team in college basketball 

Lol come on bro. Let it go. Gonzaga has been a sexy program for awhile now. Adam Morrison was the 1 exception. He is one of my all time most hated players but it was worth it to be tortured by him for years because the last thing anyone will remember of him is him crying on the court after the loss to ben howland and ucla. JUST REMEMBER JJ Redick was better. IS better. WILL ALWAYS be better. We won the battle and war! I do not waste time on meth heads like Adam Morrison hahaha

Lol come on bro. Let it go. Gonzaga has been a sexy program for awhile now. Adam Morrison was the 1 exception. He is one of my all time most hated players but it was worth it to be tortured by him for years because the last thing anyone will remember of him is him crying on the court after the loss to ben howland and ucla. JUST REMEMBER JJ Redick was better. IS better. WILL ALWAYS be better. We won the battle and war! I do not waste time on meth heads like Adam Morrison hahaha

Nope Gonzaga can burn

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I do not want to play Edwards and Kline . Purdue could make it to a national championship with their shooting, much like us. UVA is not a final four team.

Neither is Ole Miss or UAB and they executed the most perfect gameplan vs us this year and that is what Virginia runs to perfection. We would run Purdue out of the gym. Kline won't shoot like that again. You just have to contain Edwards. They would try to run and shoot with us and it would fail miserably. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nope Gonzaga can burn

I have never seen you show this much emotion FOR ANYONE. This is a interesting hill to take a stand on!!! hahahah you have my attention. 

Neither is Ole Miss or UAB and they executed the most perfect gameplan vs us this year and that is what Virginia runs to perfection. We would run Purdue out of the gym. Kline won't shoot like that again. You just have to contain Edwards. They would try to run and shoot with us and it would fail miserably. 

That was literally during our down turn of the season. You say he won’t shoot like that again. He’d be playing against auburn, rethink that lol.

I have never seen you show this much emotion FOR ANYONE. This is a interesting hill to take a stand on!!! hahahah you have my attention. 

I will die on that hill

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We're a completely different team than we were during those games. Sorry but the way we've been playing since the KY loss UAB and Ole Miss wouldn't be able to keep pace with us. 

Virginia dictates the pace of every game they are in. Only Florida has tried the Ole Miss gameplan vs us since and junk up the game and it almost worked in the SEC Tourney. That was not a Auburn kind of game. You see what happens when you try and run with us like UNC did. MISTAKE. There is a blue print and that is not it. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

That was literally during our down turn of the season. You say he won’t shoot like that again. He’d be playing against auburn, rethink that lol.

I am not scared of Purdue! lol. I am scared of Virginia. I am scared of any team who plays at a slow pace. Why would I be worried at a team who plays like us but not as good as us? We have better shooters and athletes than Purdue.

I am not scared of Purdue! lol. I am scared of Virginia. I am scared of any team who plays at a slow pace. Why would I be worried at a team who plays like us but not as good as us? We have better shooters and athletes than Purdue.

The thing is, if our shots aren’t hitting, a team that runs like us can run us out of the gym fast

Archived