Baseball vs. Mississippi State Game 2

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

UGLY inning....4 straight hits and ran the lead up to 7-1 and still in a bunch of trouble... 

True.....but the 1st inning was the real killer. 

I wonder what tomorrows pitching rotation will look like? 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think Butch is having tryouts right after this game.....

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Probably Horn/Wade will start, then the other of those two may be used up as well. If Auburn is in the game tomorrow, Greenhill and Anderson will pitch.  Gray and Watson may also be available. Thankfully Tuesday is an exhibition game so Schilleci and Luttrell can be used then because our bullpen will probably be worn out. I'm not sure if redshirts can play in exhibition games but if they can, Sweatt can be used.

Flush it. We weren’t gonna sweep a team that good in their house. Compete tomorrow. Certainly don’t wanna get complacent, but winning one on the road in the SEC is par for the course. Don’t get swept, and all is well. Tomorrow is a huge opportunity, but not a “have to have it.” 

32 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Wild pitch......15-2.

Auburn just helping in their own massacre.

This was  a game when CBT should have put in a back-up CF or something about 12-2 and save some pitching.....I know the young guys need the work but this is not the only game to be played this month and JMO, no point in wasting an arm at this point. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

This was  a game when CBT should have put in a back-up CF or something about 12-2 and save some pitching.....I know the young guys need the work but this is not the only game to be played this month and JMO, no point in wasting an arm at this point. 

C!mon man, pitching at Dudy Noble is a unique experience not to be wasted on an outfielder. No matter what the score....

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

We have a ton of arms that never get used.  According to our roster, we have 18 pitchers.  We can and should use those guys who need development in these types of situations.

You get 35 players on a roster and 27 active for SEC series.  Basically, we have plenty of depth to use.

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We have a ton of arms that never get used.  According to our roster, we have 18 pitchers.  We can and should use those guys who need development in these types of situations.

You get 35 players on a roster and 27 active for SEC series.  Basically, we have plenty of depth to use.

It doesn't work that way with pitching. You just don't throw arms out there. Some of these guys may be getting a RS. Some may be injured. Some may not be ready to be thrown to the wolves in an SEC game.

I think using Glavine and Fitts, tells me he used seldom used pitchers in a blowout game. And some only pitched 1 inning each, so I would say CBT was not blowing arms. And I certainly don't see him wasting pitchers....

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Mississippi State Game 2

Archived